over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HDL levels

Low hdl is a very bad situation.Its action is to reduce the cholseterol deposits inside the arteries that the ldl increases.
For every 1 point of hdl increase,it's like you subtract 10 from your ldl.
Hdl increase is very hard to do.Estrogen increases it (nolva can also do this) ,cardio and few substances that for some people work but don't for others.
The best bet of someone with low hdl is to reduce the ldl also to very low levels so that the ldl/hdl ratio is reduced to less than 5 which is acceptable.So,although you cannot easily increase hld,you can easily decrease ldl to below 100 with a good dose of a statin drug and ezetimibe (which reduces cholesterol uptake from the intestines).

? for PHil and Lats

What dosage of Nolva were you guys using to increase HDL and how long can you take it for? should it be cycled and if so, how?

thanks in advance for the advice

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

hdl

guess im good to go for now just got my blood work back last week and mine was 54 :)
:p

Just found this post and thought I would bring it back for others see again. The day of my heart attack my HDL was 19 and mg LDL 69. Trying hard now to get my HDL back up by taking some vitamin D and niacin.

What dosage of Nolva were you guys using to increase HDL and how long can you take it for? should it be cycled and if so, how?

thanks in advance for the advice

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Thats what I would like to know (being on HRT)
HDL is 30 atm, thats with 6000mg fishoils, policosanol enz.......

MY HDL was 68 last checked. I do several things while on but I credit most to a diet of healthy fats through out.

I would like to see a supplement regiment some of you may have to keep hdl levels high... Do you alter these dosages while on?

Besides aas what else can supress hdl levels? (assuming a healthy diet)

When "on" do you (especially, phil/emeric) raise your dosage of humanofort?

Yes, im searching for answers but I would like some feed back in the mean time.

Cholesterol mgt.

Everything split am/pm
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2000iu
Nicotinic Acid 500mg
Red Yeast Rice 1200mg (Nature's Plus or Hi-Tech)
Pure Fish Oil 30g

Get my latest results back in a few days. Will post.
If you don't like niacin or the statins in Red Yeast Rice then try Pterostilbene - it's a natural PPAR-alpha agonist and gives better results than Ciprofibrate without the side-effects.

where can i read more about this phil?

I AM obviously not phil but Barry Sears writes extensively on this topic in his book Omega Rx. It is the most complete reference on the benefits of efa's that i have ever seen.

Everything split am/pm
Nicotinic Acid 500mg
Pure Fish Oil 30g

If you don't like niacin or the statins in Red Yeast Rice then try Pterostilbene - it's a natural PPAR-alpha agonist and gives better results than Ciprofibrate without the side-effects.

I know this is an old-ass post, but did you ever post those blood results? Is this supp regimen still working for you? Are you splitting the dosages listed or taking the listed dosage 2x daily? Thanks.

Just found this post and thought I would bring it back for others see again. The day of my heart attack my HDL was 19 and mg LDL 69. Trying hard now to get my HDL back up by taking some vitamin D and niacin.

With crestor and niacin (niaspan the script str) my HDL was up to about 50 the last time I had it checked. SO thats pretty good considering it had been 19, and on other occasions when I was taking hefty doses it got down as low as 11.

Everything split am/pm
Nicotinic Acid 500mg
Pure Fish Oil 30g

Ive been following the stated regimate for 8 weeks, I had my blood tested and the HDL results were at 32.... (Up from 22) but still low.... But my overall cholesterol is low (94) Does anyone have suggestions on what else I can do to raise my HDL? I was taking "flush free" naicin but my Doc said that it can be liver toxic and flush free dosent improve HDL as opposed to regular niacin...:confused: Does anyone have any info on that? My DOC just reccomended more niacin (not the flush free).... Im thinking of going back and asking for a script of Niaspan

I have some nolvadex on hand... I started taking 10mg/day.... sould I up it to 20mg/day or more?

I also (last week) picked up some Humanafort and it is my understanding that it can help HDL... Im currently taking 300mg (100mg/am - 200mg/pm) ... should I up it?

Ive been clean for about 18 months, and lean (233 lb about 12%bf). I do 45 min of cardio in the Am 5 days a week with heart rate b/w 135-145

Another reason for concern is that I have a family history of heart disease and cholesterol problems....

Any input is appreciated.

Ive been following the stated regimate for 8 weeks, I had my blood tested and the HDL results were at 32.... (Up from 22) but still low.... But my overall cholesterol is low (94) Does anyone have suggestions on what else I can do to raise my HDL? I was taking "flush free" naicin but my Doc said that it can be liver toxic and flush free dosent improve HDL as opposed to regular niacin...:confused: Does anyone have any info on that? My DOC just reccomended more niacin (not the flush free).... Im thinking of going back and asking for a script of Niaspan

I have some nolvadex on hand... I started taking 10mg/day.... sould I up it to 20mg/day or more?

I also (last week) picked up some Humanafort and it is my understanding that it can help HDL... Im currently taking 300mg (100mg/am - 200mg/pm) ... should I up it?

Ive been clean for about 18 months, and lean (233 lb about 12%bf). I do 45 min of cardio in the Am 5 days a week with heart rate b/w 135-145

Another reason for concern is that I have a family history of heart disease and cholesterol problems....

Any input is appreciated.

Your overall cholesterol is way too low, your HDL is always going to be a fraction of your overall, driving your overall too low will also kill your HDL. I've read that athletes should have an overall of around 200, this is because cholesterol is the base most hormones are manufactured from. You do want a low LDL, and especially a low VLDL.

Your overall cholesterol is way too low, your HDL is always going to be a fraction of your overall, driving your overall too low will also kill your HDL. I've read that athletes should have an overall of around 200, this is because cholesterol is the base most hormones are manufactured from. You do want a low LDL, and especially a low VLDL.

Thats very interesting.... I will continue to research for overall cholesterol being too low... Does anyone have any more info on that?

I found this post to be very helpful with my understanding of niacin: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/54894-niacin-wtf-2.html

Medically speaking this the worst side of AAS and HRT

Its the LDL/HDL ratio that matters

NIACIN IR 500-2000MG is the best treatment option 2X daily for 1-3 months. It raise HDL by 25% in the studys unlike any other lipid medications

I will only add that even the simplest cycle of say anavar for 10 or 12 weeks has dropped my HDL from 45 to below 20. I have a home testing kit. So, I check it before and during cycles to see how quickly it drops. Kinda freaky for sure. Then once off for like 2 or 3 months it starts to climb back out. Could mine be better "Hell Yeah" . You have to remember HDL can be as low as 25% of LDL. Sure higher % is better but I believe the rule is no less then 1/4 of LDL. ALL combined should be under the 200 mark. Family history and all that jazz needs to be considered also.

Just another guys .02 cents worth.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity