over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HDL levels

Ive been following the stated regimate for 8 weeks, I had my blood tested and the HDL results were at 32.... (Up from 22) but still low.... But my overall cholesterol is low (94) Does anyone have suggestions on what else I can do to raise my HDL? I was taking "flush free" naicin but my Doc said that it can be liver toxic and flush free dosent improve HDL as opposed to regular niacin...:confused: Does anyone have any info on that? My DOC just reccomended more niacin (not the flush free).... Im thinking of going back and asking for a script of Niaspan

I have some nolvadex on hand... I started taking 10mg/day.... sould I up it to 20mg/day or more?

I also (last week) picked up some Humanafort and it is my understanding that it can help HDL... Im currently taking 300mg (100mg/am - 200mg/pm) ... should I up it?

Ive been clean for about 18 months, and lean (233 lb about 12%bf). I do 45 min of cardio in the Am 5 days a week with heart rate b/w 135-145

Another reason for concern is that I have a family history of heart disease and cholesterol problems....

Any input is appreciated.

The 300mg Humanofort is OK if you are not taking stimulants, if you are taking stimulants than you can go up to 400mg per day.

YES, FLUSH FREE DOES NOT WORK.. my doc gave me numerous studies showing that now.. i take 1000mgs a night before bed.. my last blood work i was at 42 in regards to hdl.. up from 32 .. dont ask for the niacin script.. just get regular niacin.. no time release.. just regular niacin at the store.. same basically..

I raised my hdl by eating more cholesterol...
I personally think blaming cholesterol for heart disease is like blaming firemen for fires.
Imo don't be afraid of cholesterol, if hdl is low try eating more... That's at least one way that doctors won't tell you.

Wow here's an oldie but goodie. A rarely mentioned but factually proven way to raise HDL is mild/moderate alcohol consumption. Myself I don't really drink so as others have mentioned I'm on a statin, niacin and of course taking fish oil and coq10. I also have adjusted my cruise dose down below 200mg and will run cruises a few weeks longer to really reset the table so to speak.

500 mg at night. first few nights sucked until the flushing went away. feels like a really hot sunburn.

Just take a little 81mg asprin with your Niacin. Helps me a lot with the "flush".

40mg statin and 1500mg niacin raised my hdl from 35 to 52. I think my total cholesterol was 125. I eat clean most of the time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131