over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HDL up with GW-501516 (Cardarine)

In these studies were the rats also give drugs known to induce cancer and then monitor the rate at which the cancer grew. Or was the GW given solo to healthy rats?

If there are any studies that show GW on it's own causes cancer in any dose I'd love to know. So far I've not seen mention of a study that shows cancer without first inducing cancer with a known carcinogen.
I'd like to hear answers on this as well. It seems that GW may not be carcinogenic itself which is a huge difference in my opinion!

Let's stay on topic too please. No need to argue. This thread was headed in the appropriate direction. Let's not derail it.

In these studies were the rats also give drugs known to induce cancer and then monitor the rate at which the cancer grew. Or was the GW given solo to healthy rats?

If there are any studies that show GW on it's own causes cancer in any dose I'd love to know. So far I've not seen mention of a study that shows cancer without first inducing cancer with a known carcinogen.
There was no mention of any carcinogenic agents used, like DMBA, only GW.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW501516

See references 13 and 14.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Here are the references. Hopefully someone smarter than me can interpret -- but from my limited understanding this does not look good.

895 RAT CARCINOGENICITY STUDY WITH GW501516, A PPAR DELTA AGONIST. L. E. Geiger1 , W. S. Dunsford2 , D. J. Lewis2 , C. Brennan3 , K. C. Liu3 and S. J. Newsholme1 . 1 Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, 2 Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Ware, United Kingdom and 3 Huntingdon Life Sciences, Huntingdon, United Kingdom. GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to Han Wistar rats for a period of 104 weeks. Males were given 0, 5, 15 or 30 mg/kg/day for the first 6 weeks of the study. For the remainder of the study males were given 0, 5, 20 or 40 mg/kg/day. Females were given 0, 3, 10 or 20 mg/kg/day for the entire study. GW501516 produced test article-related neoplastic findings in multiple tissues at all doses. Increased mortality was seen with females given GW501516 at all doses and uterine endometrial adenocarcinoma contributed to death in a high proportion of these animals. Neoplasms considered test-article related occurred in the liver (hepatocellular adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day), urinary bladder (transitional cell carcinoma in males given 20 and 40 mg/kg/day), thyroid (follicular cell adenoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day and carcinoma in males at ≥ 20 mg/kg/day), tongue (squamous cell papilloma in males at 5 mg/kg/day and 40 mg/kg/day), stomach (squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and a female at 20 mg/kg/day, and carcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day and a female at 3 mg/kg/day), skin (inverted squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and females at 3 or 20 mg/kg/day), Harderian glands (adenoma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and adenocarcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day), testes (interstitial cell adenoma at 40 mg/kg/day), ovary (Sertoli cell adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day) and uterus (polyp and endometrial adenocarcinoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day). Some of the tumor types observed in this study have not been reported with either PPARα or PPARγ agonists and may reflect tumor promotion mediated through PPARδ agonism.

896 MOUSE CARCINOGENICITY STUDY WITH GW501516, A PPAR DELTA AGONIST. S. J. Newsholme1 , W. S. Dunsford2 , T. Brodie2 , C. Brennan3 , M. Brown3 and L. E. Geiger1 . 1 Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, 2 Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Ware, United Kingdom and 3 Huntingdon Life Sciences, Huntingdon, United Kingdom. GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to CD1 mice for 104 weeks at doses of 0, 10, 30, 60 or 80 mg/kg/day. Survival was decreased at doses ≥ 30 mg/kg/day. Neoplasms considered related to test article occurred in liver (hepatocellular carcinoma at ≥ 30 mg/kg/day and adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day), stomach (squamous cell carcinoma at all doses) and combined squamous cell tumours at all doses (squamous cell papilloma and carcinoma, and keratoacanthoma). There have been conflicting reports in the literature regarding the effects of PPARδ on epithelial cell proliferation. The results of this study demonstrate an increase in proliferation in certain epithelial cell populations, but do not support a role for PPARδ in colon carcinogenesis. The squamous cell tumors observed in this study have not been reported with either PPARα or PPARγ agonists and may reflect tumor promotion mediated through PPARδ agonism.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8n7Kipvjlw/

How is everyone else so off with their equation?

I saw this equation for cardinine done on 4 different websites probably and every single one came out at 65 to 73mg daily

The 40mg would be the rat daily dose. The 4.1 grams would be the human equvilant weekly dose.

The difference between your individual numbers concerns me... If Stewie was correct I would probably still use low dose but if DC is right I wouldnt ever tough the stuff again.

Any way we can get some clarification on this human equivalence issue?

The difference between your individual numbers concerns me... If Stewie was correct I would probably still use low dose but if DC is right I wouldnt ever tough the stuff again.

Any way we can get some clarification on this human equivalence issue?

The configuration (math) of the human equvilant dose of the two is the same. Just different mg and body weight in kg.

Examples:

Dante's dose: 5mg/kg at 81.647kg or 180lbs

5mg(6/37)=0.8108108108 or 0.81mg take this x (times) 81.647kg or 180lbs=66.200270269 or roughly 66.2mg daily.

I used a 40mg/kg at 90.718kg or 200lbs

40mg(6/37)= 6.4864864865 x (times)=588.44108108 or roughly 588.4mg daily.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Here are the references. Hopefully someone smarter than me can interpret -- but from my limited understanding this does not look good.

The take home message of these two abstracts basically states that GW induced neoplasms (abnormal growth of tissue) cell proliferation (increased number of cells) resulting in tumorigenesis (cells that became cancerous).

The take home message of these two abstracts basically states that GW induced neoplasms (abnormal growth of tissue) cell proliferation (increased number of cells) resulting in tumorigenesis (cells that became cancerous).

These two references appear to answer the question with certainty. Yes, GW-501516 causes cancer in rodents even at low doses.

A big thank you to micro2000 for spotting these.

... Unless there is something in the study details that makes us question the results.

Personally, I stopped taking this compound as of yesterday.

These two references appear to answer the question with certainty. Yes, GW-501516 causes cancer in rodents even at low doses.

A big thank you to micro2000 for spotting these.

... Unless there is something in the study details that makes us question the results.

Personally, I stopped taking this compound as of yesterday.

Since I've had a little more time on my hands as of late, I've browsed through some of the blog posts by several different individuals. Some of these individuals have given a bunch of regurgitation of what someone else has already stated. Copycat plagiarism, if you will. On the other hand, there has been a few individuals that without citations have proclaimed that the rodent models where engineered rodents that are programmed (lack of better terms) to develop cancer. Possibly not an adjuvant such as that of a tumor initiator DMBA (7,12-Dimethylbenz[a]anthracene)?

If I find the time, I'll try to engage more into this through Medline searches.

Nevertheless. It's always best to error on the side of caution.

Last edited:
The configuration (math) of the human equvilant dose of the two is the same. Just different mg and body weight in kg.

Examples:

Dante's dose: 5mg/kg at 81.647kg or 180lbs

5mg(6/37)=0.8108108108 or 0.81mg take this x (times) 81.647kg or 180lbs=66.200270269 or roughly 66.2mg daily.

I used a 40mg/kg at 90.718kg or 200lbs

40mg(6/37)= 6.4864864865 x (times)90.718kg=588.44108108 or roughly 588.4mg daily.

Make sense?

Edit: I left out the body weight. Nonetheless, the answer is still the same.

I appreciate all the contributions to the thread. The discussion here has definitely given me some pause as to my previous position on GW. I'd love to see more educated opinions. It is pretty clear to me that Dante and Stewie both feel the risk/reward ratio is off even though there is agreement that the rat doses are much higher. However, after HED conversion, the doses studied are just a little too close to what people are actually using.

What has allowed myself (and I assume others) to validate trying GW was the fact that is has always been stated (and shown by several studies) that the rat model doses showing cancer in multiple organs used high doses per body weight compared to what humans would ingest. One study showed tumors at all doses but again these are much higher than what we would take. This approach to dispelling fears of its carcinogenic nature is what many have used to promote GW. Most who do this tend to have some connection back to the promotion of GW as well. I have seen some argue that mega doses of "anything" (i.e. benign vitamins or minerals) can be bad for you and this is somehow analogous here. This is a bit of a fallacy when we are talking about a carcinogen though. Do we really want any level/dose of a 100% undeniable known carcinogen introduced into our system?

I think we all agree that the doses used in the rat models is significantly higher than a 5-10mg/daily dose used in humans. That said, I also think we can all agree that there is little doubt that this compound is truly cancer promoting (direct formation of neoplasms, etc.) at certain dose thresholds. We just don't really know what that dose is in humans. And do we really want to ingest a compound that does this even in small dosages? I have seen some suggest the concept that GW could only accelerate existing cancer, like GH or other growth factors could be argued to do. I also think this is bad logic. The studies indicate this compound triggers the precise mechanisms that lead to direct tumor growth (unchecked cell/tissue growth, proliferation of cells themselves and tumorigenesis). This makes it much different than GH accelerating the growth of already cancerous cells.

Can anyone think of another food additive, PED or health supplement that we take which is "ok" in normal dosages but a direct carcinogen at some unknown dose threshold? Maybe saccharine? (food/drink container leeching from BPA, Styrene... DDT...) I mean, I am approaching this with an open mind but its harder to validate playing with GW for fat loss when there are other compounds that do it so well and aren't directly carcinogenic (dare I say, even DNP?). I just dont think anyone should create any false sense of security or illusion in regard to GW just because the rat models used higher doses. Almost all rat model studies like this end up using a higher dose per body weight. You have to get it in your head that GW is an identified carcinogen before you can accurately assess whether you want to use it or not. I think somehow some people arent doing this.

This is actually a Pro-GW write-up which attempts to point out why the cancer risk is not valid if you want a counter position. GW-501516 (Cardarine) and Cancer - A Scientific Review - Evolutionary.org It should be noted Sarms1 (who sells GW) is a heavy advertiser linked up with Evolutionary. Most sources putting out this kind of "information" all link back to selling the compound.

Last edited:
One thing I didnt get into my above post. I have seen it argued that "all cancer models done with GW-501516 included DMBA (standard)." DMBA is a carcinogen, and accelerates cancer growth in studies. The argument is that the DMBA is the cancer causing agent, not GW. But that GW accelerates the abnormal growth as compared to DMBA alone. I do not know if this is accurate as to "all studies" but a I know researchers did use DMBA in some. Some have gone so far as to say that GW is not even actually a carcinogen but that it is the DMBA and people interpreting the data fail to grasp that.

"Mice maintained on a diet supplemented with PPARδ agonist GW501516 following carcinogen administration resulted in the rapid development of gastric tumors in 12/15 animals, whereas treatment with either GW501516 or DMBA alone was not tumorigenic"

"Animals fed the GW501516 diet for six months without prior DMBA treatment did not exhibit hyperplasia or dysplasia (Figure 2( :cool:), and DMBA treatment alone produced squamous cell hyperplasia of the forestomach without signs of dysplasia (Figures 2(A) and 2"

Induction of Metastatic Gastric Cancer by Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor? Activation (sources herein)

Last edited:
I appreciate all the contributions to the thread. The discussion here has definitely given me some pause as to my previous position on GW. I'd love to see more educated opinions. It is pretty clear to me that Dante and Stewie both feel the risk/reward ratio is off even though there is agreement that the rat doses are much higher. However, after HED conversion, the doses studied are just a little too close to what people are actually using.

What has allowed myself (and I assume others) to validate trying GW was the fact that is has always been stated (and shown by several studies) that the rat model doses showing cancer in multiple organs used high doses per body weight compared to what humans would ingest. One study showed tumors at all doses but again these are much higher than what we would take. This approach to dispelling fears of its carcinogenic nature is what many have used to promote GW. Most who do this tend to have some connection back to the promotion of GW as well. I have seen some argue that mega doses of "anything" (i.e. benign vitamins or minerals) can be bad for you and this is somehow analogous here. This is a bit of a fallacy when we are talking about a carcinogen though. Do we really want any level/dose of a 100% undeniable known carcinogen introduced into our system?

I think we all agree that the doses used in the rat models is significantly higher than a 5-10mg/daily dose used in humans. That said, I also think we can all agree that there is little doubt that this compound is truly cancer promoting (direct formation of neoplasms, etc.) at certain dose thresholds. We just don't really know what that dose is in humans. And do we really want to ingest a compound that does this even in small dosages? I have seen some suggest the concept that GW could only accelerate existing cancer, like GH or other growth factors could be argued to do. I also think this is bad logic. The studies indicate this compound triggers the precise mechanisms that lead to direct tumor growth (unchecked cell/tissue growth, proliferation of cells themselves and tumorigenesis). This makes it much different than GH accelerating the growth of already cancerous cells.

Can anyone think of another food additive, PED or health supplement that we take which is "ok" in normal dosages but a direct carcinogen at some unknown dose threshold? Maybe saccharine? (food/drink container leeching from BPA, Styrene... DDT...) I mean, I am approaching this with an open mind but its harder to validate playing with GW for fat loss when there are other compounds that do it so well and aren't directly carcinogenic (dare I say, even DNP?). I just dont think anyone should create any false sense of security or illusion in regard to GW just because the rat models used higher doses. Almost all rat model studies like this end up using a higher dose per body weight. You have to get it in your head that GW is an identified carcinogen before you can accurately assess whether you want to use it or not. I think somehow some people arent doing this.

This is actually a Pro-GW write-up which attempts to point out why the cancer risk is not valid if you want a counter position. GW-501516 (Cardarine) and Cancer - A Scientific Review - Evolutionary.org It should be noted Sarms1 (who sells GW) is a heavy advertiser linked up with Evolutionary. Most sources putting out this kind of "information" all link back to selling the compound.

You know what's wrong with today's so-called experts. They can't even equate a fucking HED properly!!!

I stopped at this paragraph:

"The study, that is so often referred to, subjected rats to supraphysiological dosages of 10mg/kg of body, or to put that in perspective, a 200lb man (roughly 90 kg) dosing around 900mgs of GW-501516 per day.

Moronic pseudoscientist are the laughing stock of today's bodybuilding sites!

Last edited:
You know what wrong with today's so-called experts. They can't even equate a fucking HED properly!!!

I stopped at this paragraph:

"The study, that is so often referred to, subjected rats to supraphysiological dosages of 10mg/kg of body, or to put that in perspective, a 200lb man (roughly 90 kg) dosing around 900mgs of GW-501516 per day.

Moronic pseudoscientist are the laughing stock of today's bodybuilding sites!

Ya but you have to realize people like you on "these boards" are an anomaly. You arent supposed to be here. You're like a life boat in a sea of mouth breathing meat head retards. I mean that in the nicest way possible, retards. I can hardly carry on a conversation with most of the dipshits at my local gym (who I also look better than despite working 60 hr weeks in a suit). That is the type attracted to this "sport."

Last edited:
Ya but you have to realize people like you on "these boards" are an anomaly. You arent supposed to be here. You're like a life boat in a sea of mouth breathing meat head retards. I mean that in the nicest way possible, retards.

And people or sheeple follow these self-proclaimed idiots like their God's!

It's disturbing! Very disturbing!

I'm out!

With all that I've read in this thread, I still think it could be a valuable tool on a blast for health reasons. Any other time, might not be worth using. I know most people use it for fat loss/endurance but I never noticed much benefit in those areas with it anyway and don't think it should be used long term.

Boy...bet that hurt your fingers too type that up.

Didn't read it all.

Please show me where I stated someone will O.D or die. Please share. I stated it could be inhibited to toxic levels of used in conjunction with berberine. Potential for Induced sedation is reason for concerns, no? Geez, no need for concerns with that, uh?

I guess toxicologist have it all wrong. Bastards. And only Mike Arnold has all the info on buprenorphine! I'll look you up if I ever have concerns on drug-drug interactions :rolleyes:

But that is EXACTLY what you are saying right here! When you say that "Buprenorphine could be inhibited to toxic levels when used in conjunction with berberine", what you are saying is that levels could rise TOO HIGH...which is a fucking O.D.!

Don't backtrack here, Stewie. Not only did you just state right here that the two have the potential to cause a "toxic" (when using the word "toxic" within the contest of drug use, it generally refers to a state in which serious injury or death can result) elevation in buprenorphine levels (which again, is an O.D.), but the main point you were trying to express was that combining them was dangerous!

I will look for your post....and no, I never claimed to have all the "info" on buprenorphine". I only claimed to know more than you because I've actually SEEN what happens in the real-world with my own eyes over and over again.

But that is EXACTLY what you are saying right here! When you say that "Buprenorphine could be inhibited to toxic levels when used in conjunction with berberine", what you are saying is that levels could rise TOO HIGH...which is a fucking O.D.!

Don't backtrack here, Stewie. Not only did you just state right here that the two have the potential to cause a "toxic" (when using the word "toxic" within the contest of drug use, it generally refers to a state in which serious injury or death can result) elevation in buprenorphine levels (which again, is an O.D.), but the main point you were trying to express was that combining them was dangerous!

I will look for your post....and no, I never claimed to have all the "info" on buprenorphine". I only claimed to know more than you because I've actually SEEN what happens in the real-world with my own eyes over and over again.
Bro, drop it. I'm a fan of yours. But nobody cares about Berberine. Metformin is superior for its target purpose and superior for many peripheral benefits. That burp/berb tangent is so remote and uninteresting anyway. You guys should move on from this thing you two have, don't let it bleed over into other threads. Let's focus on the topic (GW).

Last edited:

Here's the post, my love 😉
It states no different than my previous post.

You see, unlike you. I don't backpedal, Mikey. You are the king-bee of backpedaling😉

You see Mikey you don't know as much about pharmacokinetics or pharmacodynamics as you think you do. And it's Very apparent through your posts.

The link from Epocrates on burp/berb interactions I provided, is used by many clinicians and is rated in the top 5 most-used medical apps.

So tell me again there Mikey boy, you know more than a medical data base :rolleyes:

Maybe you're unaware that the main metabolite norbuprenorphine has no ceiling effect. And maybe, just maybe there's isoenzymes that interact with norbuprenorphine;) Oh but you knew that, right there Mikey boy?

I'm done with your ass!

Oh your definition of "toxic" is what, made up in your head. :rolleyes:
Poison ivy is a toxin, lol.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/131672-clean-off-heroin-3.html

First and foremost. Congratulations on kicking your drug addiction! Whatever the mechanism may have been that put you back in control of your life, harness that and never let go of the reins!

I recently lost a long-time friend due to kidney failure from heroin abuse. She was only 43.

You have an incredibly strong support team here! Some of the stories that are being laid out is unreal of how they have overcame their addictions too whom they are today! Kudos to each and everyone of you!

I personally have never had an addiction such as some here. With that, I can't offer any suggestions to help you through the struggles or challenges that may lay ahead of you! Definitely reach out to all those whom have offered, without hesitation! There's many hands at your awaiting!

Something I would like to pass on if in the event you do may to choose an opiate such as bupreorphine.

Bupreorphine is both an opioid agonists-antagonist. It works through 3 opioid receptors. It acts on agonism at delta receptors, partial agonism at mu receptors, and antagonism at kappa receptors. So, it's not isolated to being only a partial agonist.

It's very potent in it's actions. Yet due to it's primary metabolism of being a substrate of CYP3A4 enzyme, there's a high degree of drug-drug interactions. All CYP3A4/2D6 substrates fall into this category.

Without complicating the matters of all drugs that are inducers or inhibitors. Be very cautious of mixing bupreorphine with inhibitors such as berberine, nolvadex and grapefruit juice. As these will increase the plasma concentrations of bupreorphine. Potentially leading to toxic levels of bupreorphine.

The same goes for inducers. Such as Modafinil and St. John's wort. Importantly in this matter, CYP3A4 substrates are very susceptible to inducers. This can cause a reduction in the concentrations of bupreorphine. Which ultimately may make you want to up your dosage of bupreorphine.

Not all inducers and inhibitors act in the same degree of interactions. I listed the more potent inducers and inhibitors.

Good luck on your endeavors! You can overcome! Reach for the stars, it's in your sights!

Last edited:

What are you referring to no mention of DMBA? On wiki? Or certain study? Why you guys looking at wiki? I went and looked at several studies and it list DMBA under the methods section of the studies.

What are you referring to no mention of DMBA? On wiki? Or certain study? Why you guys looking at wiki? I went and looked at several studies and it list DMBA under the methods section of the studies.
The tox studies referenced on Wiki were done by Glaxo and don't mention any use of carcinogens. Other studies may have used DMBA or phorbol to initiate tumors but these don't.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner