over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

''he who makes the greatest strength gains makes the greatest muscle gains"

anab0lic

Registered
doggcrapp said:
I believe he who makes the greatest strength gains [in a controlled fashion] makes the greatest muscle gains. Note that I said strength gains. Everybody knows someone naturally strong who can bench 405 yet isn’t that big. Going from a 375 bench to 405 isn’t an incredible strength gain and won’t result in much of a muscle mass gain. If someone goes from 150 to 405 for reps, that incredible strength gain will equate to an incredible muscle mass gain. Ninety-nine percent of bodybuilders are brainwashed that they must go for a blood pump, and those same 99% stay the same year after year. It’s because they have no plan. They go in, get a pump and leave. They give the body no reason to change. A power-bodybuilding game plan stresses continually getting stronger on key movements, and the body protects itself by getting muscularly larger. If you never get anywhere close to your ultimate strength levels, you will never get close to your utmost level of potential size.

Wise words.

Last edited:
This should get to about 8 pages.
:food-:mil

We just had this debate not too long ago, but hhheeeeree we go again!

not true at all at least in mycase. my strength is not near what it was at one time but my muscle mass and body composition is better now then ever. why is this even a thread anyone who knows anything knows u dont need to be strong to gain muscle

"ill never be a weightlifter" - kai greene.....i think he has a decent amount of muscle?

"ill never be a weightlifter" - kai greene.....i think he has a decent amount of muscle?

i hear him quote that and laugh my ass of..he is shrinking now to look better,,all the vids he has inclining 495 and squatting 750 plus makes me think being a weightlifter got him big..

There are many different paths to the promised land of more muscle. This is certainly one but it is not the only

Does that basically mean heavy weight lower reps longer rest between sets is the key, isn't that how you build strength

Does that basically mean heavy weight lower reps longer rest between sets is the key, isn't that how you build strength

Heavy weight and High reps....short rest periods= forklift strong

do this:

lift hard as you can and eat alot of food. take some drugs. do all this with intention of being bigger and stronger with a moderate bodyfat.
you will likely grow.
i'm a genius!!!!!!
-JS

You are kinda missing the point. When he talks about not being a weightlifter, hes saying don't be that guy by the dumbell rack curling with dumbells in a way where you bring 50 different other muscles into play + momentum... and instead make sure the fibers you are trying to grow are doing most the work. Once you have that down you DO need to progressively overload/get stronger otherwise the body doesnt have any reason to grow larger.

It's all relative to where you start though in terms of what numbers you should be aiming for, some guy with 10 inch arms who can barely bench an empty bar his first time in the gym is obviously never going to be benching 600lbs+... Do whats needed to make yourself as strong as possible on the lifts that best target the areas you are trying to grow = you getting you as big as your genetics will allow.

I bet if you have a body part that hasnt grown significantly in a long time and look back through recent months of your training history the lift you are doing for said bodypart has been stalled at the same number of reps/weight for a long time.

Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. I won't say how much I can lift, but I will say that I'm very strong. Even though I'm strong, I look like crap. I fell into the trap of strength for the sake of strength. Constant bulking, never dieting for anything. Sure, people think I'm big, but I don't have what would be considered a "good physique". That's all because I have been going at this whole thing the wrong way from day one. Here's a question to consider, and I'll bet you can guess my answer to this one.

Would you rather be able to bench press 600 pounds and look like an average 220 pound guy with a gut, or would like to only be able to bench press 225 pounds and look like Toney Freeman?

I guess that's why they call it ego liftin'.

Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. I won't say how much I can lift, but I will say that I'm very strong. Even though I'm strong, I look like crap. I fell into the trap of strength for the sake of strength. Constant bulking, never dieting for anything. Sure, people think I'm big, but I don't have what would be considered a "good physique". That's all because I have been going at this whole thing the wrong way from day one. Here's a question to consider, and I'll bet you can guess my answer to this one.

Would you rather be able to bench press 600 pounds and look like an average 220 pound guy with a gut, or would like to only be able to bench press 225 pounds and look like Toney Freeman?

I guess that's why they call it ego liftin'.

If you bench or squat 225 the next 3 years do you expect to see your legs or chest get bigger?

^^^^Its your genetics that determine what you will look like with said strength..

Big heavy weights with low reps vs higher reps faster pace and lower weights with better form...

YOU SHOULD BE DOING BOTH EVERY WORKOUT!

You guys short change yourselves with only one style...BOTH, cant say that enough.

Some exercises are better meant for heavy weights and others for higher reps, you should have some ballistic movements and some refined movements for feel with squeezing involved.
Dont be one dimensional.

Wise words.

Up to a point, that is.

And it never ceases to amaze me that grown men had to have this told to them, as if they didn't or don't know that you have to lift progressively heavier weights to grow.

^^^^Its your genetics that determine what you will look like with said strength..

Absolutely..well said. Cant make a chiguagua into a rotweiler.

Question for everyone on this thread....who is going to be muscularly bigger?

The guys on this thread that say strength gains dont matter.

Or their twin brothers who strive their ass off and do all the things neccessary to one day in the future accomplish or approach

squatting 500 for 20 reps deep
inclining 425 for 12
close grip bench pressing 405 x 16
military press 315 x 12
deadlift 500 x 15
etc etc etc

Hmmmm how come all the powerbodybuilders in the sport....Coleman, Warren, Johnny Jackson, Yates, James all had that incredible thickness and density that separated them from the pack.....not from exactly from using weights that they have warmed up with 1000 times previously?

Noone said this stuff was easy (or entirely safe)....if it was then everyone would be huge and there wouldnt be 40 thousand guys on every message board complaining they arent big enough...

there is always golf.

Last edited:
Consistent. Progressive. Overload. = Point A to Point B

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members