over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heal Your Joint for $15

omoplata

Registered
Hahaha... you thought this was a scam, didn't you?

No, I am talking about Curcumin. I am amazed nobody here uses it, even though so many guys have joint issues. Give it a shot guys. It is an extremely potent anti-inflammatory and will give tremendous relief to hurting, chronically inflamed joints. I don't sell any by the way. Goes for around $15 in GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. Give it shot...

look into Full Spectrum Boswellia and Curcumin. Curcumin (used for fighting free radicals) is the principal curcuminoid of the popular Indian spice turmeric and Boswellia is an effective and economical joint nourishment that has a rich history in the ancient Ayurvedic system. This worked better than cissus for me.

in my view, cissus does not hold a candle to curcumin
you guys should get the extract in pill form though; do not buy the pure turmeric and swallow it by the spoon. You will get cucrumin this way, but increase the risk of kidney stones too. Not worth it

i think a while back dante wrote about curcumurin and how it helps with stopping/preventing organ and heart enlargement or something along those lines. didn't know that it also had a function with joint health/pain

how much do you use per day?

It is deff better to be pain free. BUT if increased muscle mass is your goal, you may want to try another route.

Curcumin (diferuloylmethane), a polyphenol natural product of the plant Curcuma longa, is undergoing early clinical trials as a novel anticancer agent. However, the anticancer mechanism of curcumin remains to be elucidated. Recently, we have shown that curcumin inhibits phosphorylation of p70 S6 kinase 1 (S6K1) and eukaryotic initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) binding protein 1 (4E-BP1), two downstream effector molecules of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) in numerous cancer cell lines. This study was designed to elucidate the underlying mechanism. We observed that curcumin inhibited mTORC1 signaling not by inhibition of the upstream kinases, such as insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-IR) and phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1). Further, we found that curcumin inhibited mTORC1 signaling independently of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) or AMP-activated protein kinase AMPK-tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). This is evidenced by the findings that curcumin was able to inhibit phosphorylation of S6K1 and 4E-BP1 in the cells pretreated with PP2A inhibitor (okadaic acid) or AMPK inhibitor (compound C), or in the cells expressing dominant-negative (dn) PP2A, shRNA to PP2A-A subunit, or dn-AMPKalpha. Curcumin did not alter the TSC1/2 interaction. Knockout of TSC2 did not affect curcumin inhibition of mTOR signaling. Finally, we identified that curcumin was able to dissociate raptor from mTOR, leading to inhibition of mTORC1 activity. Therefore, our data indicate that curcumin may represent a new class of mTOR inhibitor.

In a nut-shell mTOR is the on switch for protein synthesis in humans.

It is deff better to be pain free. BUT if increased muscle mass is your goal, you may want to try another route.

Curcumin (diferuloylmethane), a polyphenol natural product of the plant Curcuma longa, is undergoing early clinical trials as a novel anticancer agent. However, the anticancer mechanism of curcumin remains to be elucidated. Recently, we have shown that curcumin inhibits phosphorylation of p70 S6 kinase 1 (S6K1) and eukaryotic initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) binding protein 1 (4E-BP1), two downstream effector molecules of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) in numerous cancer cell lines. This study was designed to elucidate the underlying mechanism. We observed that curcumin inhibited mTORC1 signaling not by inhibition of the upstream kinases, such as insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-IR) and phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1). Further, we found that curcumin inhibited mTORC1 signaling independently of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) or AMP-activated protein kinase AMPK-tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). This is evidenced by the findings that curcumin was able to inhibit phosphorylation of S6K1 and 4E-BP1 in the cells pretreated with PP2A inhibitor (okadaic acid) or AMPK inhibitor (compound C), or in the cells expressing dominant-negative (dn) PP2A, shRNA to PP2A-A subunit, or dn-AMPKalpha. Curcumin did not alter the TSC1/2 interaction. Knockout of TSC2 did not affect curcumin inhibition of mTOR signaling. Finally, we identified that curcumin was able to dissociate raptor from mTOR, leading to inhibition of mTORC1 activity. Therefore, our data indicate that curcumin may represent a new class of mTOR inhibitor.

In a nut-shell mTOR is the on switch for protein synthesis in humans.

I remember studies showing curcumin was almost like a natural clenbuterol. It helped burn fat, and was an anti-catabolic. Animal talks a lot about it on his board.

Booooo.... very scary
A little curcumin will eat away all of your muscles Guys. Do not touch this stuff..
:eek::eek::eek:

Nobody is saying use it 12 months a year. A lot of times all you need to do to heal chronic inflammation is use very strong anti-inflammtories (ex" Curcumin) for a short while and give the body just a 3 week or so break from the constant inflammation. Just take it easy when you're just coming out of a bulk for a few weeks and heal your joints, that's all.

Or you can do what bodybuilders usually do: Be afraid to back off and finally get sidelined with an injury for months...

I have been using curcumin and can DEFINITELY work harder while on it and strength is up for sure. I surely haven't lost muscle... Even if I stop gaining for 3 weeks, it is worth for me to take half a step back to take 5 steps forward...

anyone here try flexicose? know couple people using it and they swear by it

Glucosamine and curcumin are worlds apart.
Gluc will not reduce chronic inflammation and is simply not capable of dealing with an inflamed joint. It is good to use if you take it for very long periods. This stuff is the heavy artillery to be used for a few weeks at a time and it fuckin works.

I don't sell it, btw. Just talking about my experience. If you got joint issues and don't give this a try, you're selling yourself short IMO

Turmeric

Turmeric is a supplement that helps the joints as one of many benefits. Below is some info I copied. Knowing that I have a few bad joints and grandparents that had alzheimers I take this religiously.

Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.

I use curcumin injectable, it is amazing for joints and reduced muscle soreness. I don't see how it could hurt muscle gains..... all of my research indicates that it heals muscle, not hurts.

TNH,

Brother, do you happen to know how many milligrams of the pills we gotta take to replicate the effect of injecting? I know some guys use an injectable form of it and actually it

1) increases fat loss
2) reduces muscle catabolism during dieting (references show this clearly but I don't have them on my computer right now)

To shy away from this because some studies seem to show an effect on MTOR is wrong IMO. Something can act very different in practice than in theory obviously...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131