over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health advice for my mom...

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I need some advice about a diet change/supplements regimen for my 71 year old mother. I don't really like the medication she's been pushed towards. They don't even question her terrible diet.

My mom's cholesterol is high, and She's also on a BP meds, in addition to water pill. They want her lower than 150. She hasn't started the cholesterol pill yet

If they want her to take Lipitor or Crestor I don't have any problems with either. I took Crestor for years and have been on Lipitor even longer. No sides for me. Been about 11 years for me on them.

dude, at 71 she probably isnt starting the gym n diet:lightbulb:
in all probablity you are best to let her follow along with the rest of the flock.

should have addressed this 40+ years ago.

I started Carditone as I have high blood pressure. I started taking one a day then backed off the BP meds to half and its still getting better. Plan is to hopefully take the Carditone with the BP meds. Of course diet helped me along with stopped smoking. But Carditone is the real deal.

I'll go ahead and be that guy in the room that's the Debbie Downer. Unfortunately, her best bet is to follow the advice of her geriatrics Dr.

The issue that arises when throwing a polypharmacy of different drugs and even supplements at the elderly is that aging differs on how drugs/supplements are metabolized, distributed and excreted (pharmacokinetics) vs her younger years.

So, you may do more harm than good without proper eyesight by her physician.

I know your intentions are good, as well are mine by offering these type of suggestions :)

Patiently awaits that individual to cite a study on supplements with the elderly :rolleyes:

I'll go ahead and be that guy in the room that's the Debbie Downer. Unfortunately, her best bet is to follow the advice of her geriatrics Dr.

The issue that arises when throwing a polypharmacy of different drugs and even supplements at the elderly is that aging differs on how drugs/supplements are metabolized, distributed and excreted (pharmacokinetics) vs her younger years.

So, you may do more harm than good without proper eyesight by her physician.

I know your intentions are good, as well are mine by offering these type of suggestions :)

Patiently awaits that individual to cite a study on supplements with the elderly :rolleyes:

Thank you bud.

Thank you all

Diet though...that can't be bad lol.
Her diet is so bad

Diet though...that can't be bad lol.
Her diet is so bad

That is a tough on though at her age, she is so set in her ways. She probably figures I have made it to 70 plus now eating like this, it must not be too bad for me. Have a talk with her and tell her how much she means to you and that you will help her eat just a little bit more healthy. Make slight changes, but only if she is up for it.

That is a tough on though at her age, she is so set in her ways. She probably figures I have made it to 70 plus now eating like this, it must not be too bad for me. Have a talk with her and tell her how much she means to you and that you will help her eat just a little bit more healthy. Make slight changes, but only if she is up for it.

Oh she's down to change for sure

Oh she's down to change for sure

That is great! Keep us posted how it works out. Does she have any grandchildren yet? You can always bring that up too, helps motivate older folk! Your grandchildren need you!

I need some advice about a diet change/supplements regimen for my 71 year old mother. I don't really like the medication she's been pushed towards. They don't even question her terrible diet.

My mom's cholesterol is high, and She's also on a BP meds, in addition to water pill. They want her lower than 150. She hasn't started the cholesterol pill yet

out of curiosity what does her diet look like?

I find Dr's typically prescribe the same meds to start with for all their patients for the most part. And are not necessarily up on what is available. And patients need to take the time to educate them selves. When I asked my mothers Dr about using telmisartan since i had heard some positive things about it her response was she had never heard of it. As my Dr. has told me most physicians go down the same path with all their patients for the most part.

Curcumin and NAC w/ out a doubt

Clean diet is the absolute most important at this point

Light exercise

No drugs, drinking, smoking etc

No drinking? Role over and die?

I would definitely go the diet route first with fish oil, fiber and exercise. She is a woman and low risk of cardiovascular issues. And there is no correlation to high LDL and heart disease.

What were her numbers 20 years ago? Has she always had high numbers?

I have always had high cholesterol and so did my grandmother who lived to be 102

Got to love doctors these days, your fat, here is some metformin. Your cholesterol is high, here is a statin. Why do the sheep continue to follow this stupid herd

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear