over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health foods worth mentioning

I got back on the flax meal kick again and I forgot how much I love that stuff. I take 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein, 2tbsp of flax meal, 2 tbsp of PB2 in a small amount of water and stir it to a creamy paste texture, tastes so damn awesome. And the flax meal gives me the most epic shits too lol

I also have Chia Seeds but never really did anything with them. Then I read the seeds aren't really worth it and needs to be meal. So I will grind them up in my little small processor/chopper and see how it tastes.

"A study conducted by Nieman and Colleagues concluded that ingestion of 50g/d of chia seeds for 12 weeks did not influence body mass, composition, or disease risk factors in overweight/obese men and women"

http://longevity.about.com/od/antiagingfoods/a/Chia-Seeds-Ground-Or-Whole.htm

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I got back on the flax meal kick again and I forgot how much I love that stuff. I take 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein, 2tbsp of flax meal, 2 tbsp of PB2 in a small amount of water and stir it to a creamy paste texture, tastes so damn awesome. And the flax meal gives me the most epic shits too lol

I also have Chia Seeds but never really did anything with them. Then I read the seeds aren't really worth it and needs to be meal. So I will grind them up in my little small processor/chopper and see how it tastes.

"A study conducted by Nieman and Colleagues concluded that ingestion of 50g/d of chia seeds for 12 weeks did not influence body mass, composition, or disease risk factors in overweight/obese men and women"

Chia Seeds: Ground or Whole?

Interesting... thanks for posting. Then you have a study like this on milled chia seeds...

Supplementation of milled chia seeds increases plasma ALA and EPA in postmenopausal women.

Jin F1, Nieman DC, Sha W, Xie G, Qiu Y, Jia W.

Abstract

Ten postmenopausal women (age 55.6 ± 0.8 years, BMI 24.6 ± 1.1 kg/m²) ingested 25 g/day milled chia seed during a 7-week period, with six plasma samples collected for measurement of α-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Subjects operated as their own controls with overnight fasted blood samples taken at baseline (average of two samples), and then after 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 weeks supplementation. Plasma ALA increased significantly after one week supplementation and was 138 % above baseline levels by the end of the study (overall time effect, P < 0.001). EPA increased 30 % above baseline (overall time effect, P = 0.019) and was correlated across time with ALA (r = 0.84, P = 0.02). No significant change in plasma DPA levels was measured (overall time effect, P = 0.067). Plasma DHA decreased slightly by the end of the study (overall time effect, P = 0.030) and was not correlated with change in ALA. In conclusion, ingestion of 25 g/day milled chia seeds for seven weeks by postmenopausal women resulted in significant increases in plasma ALA and EPA but not DPA and DHA.

PMID: 22538527 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Perhaps it is best to grind them up before eating to receive the full health benefits.

organic apple cider vinegar - is like oral hgh minus anabolism ; it fixes and treats a huge variety of thing . Antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal .. promotes anti aging #oldworldmedicine

Nice thread ! I get flax seeds raw from whole foods and mix it in my oats in the morning. Coconut oil also when I cook most things is good. Red wine I also like with my meats.

Yeah coconut oil is my fav cooking oil. I love the stuff... especially with eggs or chicken. I have tried many brands but currently using this...

2r3zeae.png

organic apple cider vinegar - is like oral hgh minus anabolism ; it fixes and treats a huge variety of thing . Antiseptic, antibiotic, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal .. promotes anti aging #oldworldmedicine

I haven't had apple cider vinegar for years but another great one. I also like organic beetroot juice especially just out of the fridge. Manuka honey is another great one that provides the benefits you listed above.

i try to have a smoothie every day. with the following:
-greens powder
-chia seeds
-quinoa
-kale
-1 apple

made in the vitamix i take a few chugs with three of my meels to spread it out throughout the day. it doesnt taste good but isnt horrible either.
there are a lot of very good recipes out there but unfortunately the more sugar from fruit the better they tase

also every morning i try to add about a 1/4 lemon and apple cider vinegar to some warm water.

Last edited:

Chia Seeds: Ground or Whole?

You don't get as many of the health benefits when eating chia seeds whole, but they act as a fantastic fiber supplement when whole. They seeds swell and turn very gelatinous and act as a lubricant of sorts for the pipes. Fantastic and without all the gastric distress of psyllium husk.

Yeah coconut oil is my fav cooking oil. I love the stuff... especially with eggs or chicken. I have tried many brands but currently using this...

2r3zeae.png

I haven't had apple cider vinegar for years but another great one. I also like organic beetroot juice especially just out of the fridge. Manuka honey is another great one that provides the benefits you listed above.

I get my coconut oil from Costco. They sell nutuva brand(pretty trusted brand) unprocessed coconut oil in a huge 76 ounce jug for under 20 bucks

I mentioned it above but Manuka honey is worth another mention. I haven't used it for years but plan to start some fairly soon. I would always get at least a 10 UMF though. The higher UMF you get the better the medicinal properties but also the worst the taste. Always have it off the spoon and not on hot toast or in tea as that will destroy most of it's benefits.

This is blatantly obvious and it probably provides the most health benefits out of everything. But it's worth a mention because even though obvious I do not have enough.... water. This really makes your body work more effectively and flushes out all the toxins and keeps us looking our best. I for one am not drinking enough water so gonna make an effort to have more. Gonna start squeezing a full lemon into 2 litres of water and drinking that throughout the day (on top of my usual intake).

Last edited:
Bumping this because I had a client today tell me that Moringa brought them from stage 3 skin cancer down to
Stage 1. Never even heard of it before.

I'm going to mention resistant starch (prebiotics). I recently added this to my regular probiotic, and I feel fantastic. Gut health is pretty tightly linked with mental health. The farts are pretty interesting, I must say... But I understand they ease up after a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm going to mention resistant starch (prebiotics). I recently added this to my regular probiotic, and I feel fantastic. Gut health is pretty tightly linked with mental health. The farts are pretty interesting, I must say... But I understand they ease up after a while.

What brand?

Just using Bob's Red Mill unmodified potato starch at the moment. Looking into a supplement called Bimuno as well.

Bumping this because I had a client today tell me that Moringa brought them from stage 3 skin cancer down to
Stage 1. Never even heard of it before.

Thanks for posting as I had forgotten about this thread. I haven't used moringa in awhile. At the moment I am using GAT'S Sports greens which are very good and taste nice. They don't contain moringa but a variety of green and fruit powders. I will have to get some moringa from the organic shop I go to occasionally.

Great info. Another things I like to use for gut health are l-glutamine, melatonin and digestive enzymes. I am using all 3 at the moment and things are gtg.

Has anyone seen the studies that flax seeds/oil and even green tea have estrogen promoting effects similar to what is mentioned about soy. I don't necessarily subscribe to this personally. But interesting nevertheless.

also want to know that

Açaí is amazing. You eat it and it feels like a flush of good health going thru your entire body.

Açaí is amazing. You eat it and it feels like a flush of good health going thru your entire body.

I actually just had some acai powder. Not the same thing but it's freeze dried fruit powder and I feel the same way. I have been using acai for years on and off. There is a site you can actually order it from Brazil but it costs quite a lot. Send me some (joking) :D

Emu Oil

(all copied and pasted)
Emu oil is an oil derived from adipose tissue harvested from certain subspecies of the emu, Dromaius novaehollandiae, a flightless bird indigenous to Australia.[1][2]

Unadulterated emu oil can vary widely in color and viscosity anywhere from an off-white creamy texture to a thin yellow liquid, depending on the diet of the emu and the refining method(s) used.[3] Industrially refined "emu grade" emu oil is composed of a minimum of 70% unsaturated fatty acids. The largest component is oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Emu oil also contains roughly 20% linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) and 1-2% linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid).[4] Fully refined emu oil has a bland flavor.[4]

Anti-Inflammatory

Studies on the topical effects of emu oil show that it decreases inflammation, although not much data exist about its effects on intestinal lining, states an article in the "British Journal of Nutrition" in April 2010. The article describes a study that took place at the University of Adelaide in Australia, in an attempt to determine emu oil's effectiveness in reducing inflammation in cases of post-chemotherapy mucositis, or inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract. This condition may be a concern for you if you are undergoing chemotherapy. The researchers found that emu oil was able to reduce inflammation in the lining of the gut, as well as improved the structure of the mucosal membranes.

Arthritis

Emu oil's anti-inflammatory properties may extend to easing arthritis pain and inflammation. In a study published in 1997 in the journal "Inflammopharmacology," researchers in Australia found topical emu oil applications to reduce arthritis in rats. Although this study focused on the topical application, the internal effects, with exception to the reduced inflammation in the intestines, are unknown. However, Aborigines have used emu oil for thousands of years, applying it directly to the skin and ingesting the meat of the bird, claiming its ability to cure a variety of ailments, including arthritis pain.

Wound Healing

Emu oil is also of potential use in burns and other wounds, helping to reduce inflammation. Researchers from the Southern Medical University in China discovered that topical applications of emu oil could reduce inflammation in scald wounds. Published in the "Academic Journal of the First Medical College of PLA" in April of 2005, emu oil was found effective when applied on days one through three after the injury, as compared to the other treatments, which were saline and iodine. Again, although studies are promising, emu oil effects are not guaranteed. Talk to your doctor if you want to try emu oil, and find out which brands have the highest quality oil.

Blackcurrant Seed Oil

For a long time, blackcurrants (Ribes nigrum) were called “the forbidden fruit” in the United States. Farmers thought that the tart berries, native to Europe and Asia, helped spread a fungus that killed pine trees. Due to the ban, many Americans have missed out on these nutritious berries.

Blackcurrants have a high concentration of:
anthocyanins
polyphenolic substances
antioxidants
vitamin C
gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)

People take blackcurrant to help their:
blood flow
immune system
eye health
gut health
kidney health

Blackcurrant extracts are shown to reduce risk factors for metabolic conditions such as type 1 and 2 diabetes.

Blackcurrants contain many vitamins, such as:
A
B-5
B-6
B-1
E

The most significant is vitamin C. In fact, blackcurrants carry four times the amount of vitamin C as oranges, and double the amount of antioxidants as blueberries. The benefits of vitamin C are many. The body uses vitamin C to metabolize protein and form collagen, which is essential for skin care and anti-aging.

Blackcurrant seed oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a type of omega-6 fatty acid that’s been said to help ease inflammation in the body. The high GLA and anthocyanin content can help reduce joint or muscle:
pain
stiffness
soreness
damage

In some studies, GLA supplements were so effective that participants with rheumatoid arthritis could reduce their usual pain medications.

Grape-based drinks like wine and juice are known to help decrease plaque buildup, but blackcurrant juice, as well as pomegranate juice, is far more potent. Blackcurrant is high in potassium and GLA, which can help lower your blood pressure too. The GLA also helps cells in your heart resist damage and slows down platelet clumping in your blood vessels.

In addition, one study found that blackcurrant powder increased heart blood flow and decreased overall peripheral resistance. This suggests that blackcurrant may help you recover after exercise.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws