over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health issues and treating them

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
At what point do you look at your labs or blood pressure and think “damn I better do something about that”
like when your blood pressure is averaging 140/80 , do you say “damn I should add some cardio and carditone”

if your AST/ALT in in the 60’s after you haven’t trained for several day before to let it come down , do you start looking into liver support or decide to stop your orals??

if your GFR is IN THE 50’s do you start looking at how to are for your kidneys??

if your fasted lord Glucose is constantly over 100 do you decide to do a little diet to take some sort of glucose disposal agent??

if your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are 200+ do you start looking and your diet or meds to treat it??

it seems like people are letting things get further and further out of range before they do a yto correct the issues and end up with irreversible damage.

just wondering how far everyone is willing to push the envelope

I do TRT and never let anything get out of range. I'm a stickler for good-bloods. Just because im odd like that.
My hematocrit was 51 a couple years go. (50 was the limit).

I added IP6 and it was down to 48, three months later. "In range" isn't "be all end all". I just like seeing them in-range.
(And I dont like being toxic, which many of these drugs can be at certain doses). Body wants (and likes) homeostasis...

At what point do you look at your labs or blood pressure and think “damn I better do something about that”
like when your blood pressure is averaging 140/80 , do you say “damn I should add some cardio and carditone”

if your AST/ALT in in the 60’s after you haven’t trained for several day before to let it come down , do you start looking into liver support or decide to stop your orals??

if your GFR is IN THE 50’s do you start looking at how to are for your kidneys??

if your fasted lord Glucose is constantly over 100 do you decide to do a little diet to take some sort of glucose disposal agent??

if your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are 200+ do you start looking and your diet or meds to treat it??

it seems like people are letting things get further and further out of range before they do a yto correct the issues and end up with irreversible damage.

just wondering how far everyone is willing to push the envelope
Good topic. Imo all of the above scenarios you should intervene. There are those who want to pursue having as much muscle as humanly possible they are different they accept they will not be healthy. The majority of AAS usees especially as they get older want to look good and be healthy. This is easily achievable for most as AAS use is not incomparable with being healthy. I believe medication should be used as a last resort but most people choose it as a first resort because it's easier to hop on meds vs lose weight, clean diet, do cardio etc.

It differs case by case because there are 1001 variables. It mainly depends upon what blood markers are off and how much they are off by. For me as soon as something is out of range it's a problem but at the same time you have to use some common sense. If I take 50mg oral aas and my liver enzymes are higher it's to be expected and wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't freak out like some people do and think I am going into liver failure. At the same time I only use orals for a short time so it's a non issue.

Now if I am using 50mg avar and my HDL is 5 the same thought process but I will obviously do everything in my power to get that figure back up. I won't spend years with extremely low HDL because I can't bare to be off oral aas. So the main thing in that case would be I won't take orals again until it's back to where it should be. Obviously if I need to change other things (drugs, diet, supplements, cardio) to improve my cholesterol markers that will also be done. I will also ensure all important blood markers connected to heart and cholesterol health are in a good place as well.

The above thought process is the same for all health markers. If insulin sensitivity had reduced over time I would be fasting and lowering carbs/calories and taking supplements/drugs geared to improving that as well. I also actively try to keep overall inflammation down as I think that is a key area and keeping that low will assist everything else over time. So I consider myself relatively healthy but of course I am taking big risks weighing what I do and taking what I do. I also occasionally party and use drugs so I am no saint and far from the pinnacle of health but overall I do ok and I careful when it comes to AAS and I have put limits on myself in regards to weight in the past. You will never see me fat and eating shit foods and getting really out of shape. Of course I try to grow big and I put on weight but overall it's always about quality over quantity with me.

I also don't blast really high doses but they can get up there from time to time but nothing crazy. I do stay on moderate doses for long periods though so again nothing great. I will come down to a legit TRT dose though which I think is important. Right now is the most I have cruised on by far being 250mg test and 120mg mast because it's usually 150mg test. At the same time I don't see that higher cruise dose being really bad for me as long as I monitor blood work, eat healthy, do cardio and walk the amount I do.

I should add GRF is one area if that started lowering I would be extra cautious with things and that would mean dropping all drugs (except TRT). In addition to eating and supplementing in such a way to improve all kidney and related areas.

I try to do something once values get to a point where the start to effect longevity. Which is a lower standard then the "normal" range. Much less what most BB'ers are comfortable with. Like most things it is all about the comfort zone.

It depends. Lots of stroke and some Cardiovascular issues run in my family. Mostly high blood pressure. So I'm more concerned with blood pressure and will take something to stay lower starting at 130/85 I feel best at 116/70-120/80 so I'll take something or lower meds to stay in this range. I do a lot of endurance stuff so I'll let my hemocrit get to 55 as long as I'm very active. I keep a good eye on my lipids as well and do/take what I need to keep them good.

It differs case by case because there are 1001 variables. It mainly depends upon what blood markers are off and how much they are off by. For me as soon as something is out of range it's a problem but at the same time you have to use some common sense. If I take 50mg oral aas and my liver enzymes are higher it's to be expected and wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't freak out like some people do and think I am going into liver failure. At the same time I only use orals for a short time so it's a non issue.

Now if I am using 50mg avar and my HDL is 5 the same thought process but I will obviously do everything in my power to get that figure back up. I won't spend years with extremely low HDL because I can't bare to be off oral aas. So the main thing in that case would be I won't take orals again until it's back to where it should be. Obviously if I need to change other things (drugs, diet, supplements, cardio) to improve my cholesterol markers that will also be done. I will also ensure all important blood markers connected to heart and cholesterol health are in a good place as well.

The above thought process is the same for all health markers. If insulin sensitivity had reduced over time I would be fasting and lowering carbs/calories and taking supplements/drugs geared to improving that as well. I also actively try to keep overall inflammation down as I think that is a key area and keeping that low will assist everything else over time. So I consider myself relatively healthy but of course I am taking big risks weighing what I do and taking what I do. I also occasionally party and use drugs so I am no saint and far from the pinnacle of health but overall I do ok and I careful when it comes to AAS and I have put limits on myself in regards to weight in the past. You will never see me fat and eating shit foods and getting really out of shape. Of course I try to grow big and I put on weight but overall it's always about quality over quantity with me.

I also don't blast really high doses but they can get up there from time to time but nothing crazy. I do stay on moderate doses for long periods though so again nothing great. I will come down to a legit TRT dose though which I think is important. Right now is the most I have cruised on by far being 250mg test and 120mg mast because it's usually 150mg test. At the same time I don't see that higher cruise dose being really bad for me as long as I monitor blood work, eat healthy, do cardio and walk the amount I do.

I should add GRF is one area if that started lowering I would be extra cautious with things and that would mean dropping all drugs (except TRT). In addition to eating and supplementing in such a way to improve all kidney and related areas.
I will agree with this. If someone's AAS use is lowering their GFR... actual kidney function and they are allowing it to happen I'd lump them in with the kid Lloyd they are knowingly killing themselves because they feel a couple lbs of muscle is worth death. Kidneys are not negotiable.

This is gfr. People mistake egfr which is a worthless reading that is nothing more than creatine plugged into a formula for GFR.

I will agree with this. If someone's AAS use is lowering their GFR... actual kidney function and they are allowing it to happen I'd lump them in with the kid Lloyd they are knowingly killing themselves because they feel a couple lbs of muscle is worth death. Kidneys are not negotiable.

This is gfr. People mistake egfr which is a worthless reading that is nothing more than creatine plugged into a formula for GFR.
Where do you draw bloods from? I haven't seen that test offered.
I use direct labs and the only avail tests are EGFR for cystatin C or the creatinine option in the metabolic profile

Where do you draw bloods from? I haven't seen that test offered.
I use direct labs and the only avail tests are EGFR for cystatin C or the creatinine option in the metabolic profile
I am not familiar with cystian c but have heard others mention it as a good look at kidney function

You can only draw bloods and get your creatinine level. This is then plugged into a formula to give an estimated GFR. Essentially the higher your creatine the lower they estimate your GFR will be. If your creatinine is high that could be a sign of kidney trouble, but could also mean your dehydrated, training hard, stressing your kidneys and need to back off and no permanent damage is done.

I'd say If that creatine is up to 1.5 or so maybe start to get additional testing done. Mine was 1.7 once and then they ordered a 24 hour urine test ri find my true GFR, and it was not bad, so the 1.7 creatine was a red flag but a more comprehensive test showed my true GFR was not so bad.

Years later I have lost weight, use less AAS, my creatinine is usually 1.0 so I can assume (never know for sure) my kidneys are doing better, less stress on them at 185 using 400mg than at 210lb using 1.2g.

Also, a urinalysis and seeing protein in urine can indicate kidney distress.

Blood test gives Creatine which is used to estimate GFR (egfr) the e is for estimate. But a 24 hour urine collection is needed to get true GFR. Only is typically ordered when doctor thinks there may be a problem (many high creatine readings or very high or other indication that kidney are in trouble).

I do TRT and never let anything get out of range. I'm a stickler for good-bloods. Just because im odd like that.
My hematocrit was 51 a couple years go. (50 was the limit).

I added IP6 and it was down to 48, three months later. "In range" isn't "be all end all". I just like seeing them in-range.
(And I dont like being toxic, which many of these drugs can be at certain doses). Body wants (and likes) homeostasis...
How much Ip6 do you use ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity