over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health Milestones

method2madness

Registered
I've discussed my epilepsy here before and I have recently reached a milestone that I thought I would never EVER see since my symptoms started 23 years ago. They were controlled with medication for a long time but they began to get out of control in mid 2013. Medication wasn't working and I was having grand mal (tonic-clonic) seizures anywhere from 6-8 weeks apart predictably. I had surgery and started on new medication two years ago and my symptoms decreased dramatically and as of TODAY I have been seizure free for a whole year! I wanted to share that with my brothers and sisters here in the PM community and I want you guys to share any milestones you've reached recently. What ya got??

That is really great news. The best I have read today :) To finally get this sorted out
is huge and I am very happy for you.

My Dad had epilepsy. It appeared late in life, like 60 years old. He took Dialaantin
(phenytoin) for it. Worked well until he got cancer then the seizures came back.
Prior to that, in the interim, new meds came out but he stuck with the old one,
did not want to stop driving for the required amount of time seizure free while the
new med proved them self.

What amedication were you on and what kind of surgery did you have if you don't
mind me asking?

That is really great news. The best I have read today :) To finally get this sorted out
is huge and I am very happy for you.

My Dad had epilepsy. It appeared late in life, like 60 years old. He took Dialaantin
(phenytoin) for it. Worked well until he got cancer then the seizures came back.
Prior to that, in the interim, new meds came out but he stuck with the old one,
did not want to stop driving for the required amount of time seizure free while the
new med proved them self.

What amedication were you on and what kind of surgery did you have if you don't
mind me asking?
Thanks brother!
I used alot of different meds over the years starting with dilantin but Ive used keppra, carbamazepine, lacosimide, lamotrigene, Trileptal,Valproic acid. All of these over the years in different combinations. THe magic combo is Briviact and depakote. As far as surgeries go I had a frontal lobectomy where they removed a small part of tissue from my right frontal lobe that was causing or magnifiyng my seizure electrical patterns.

I cant even pretend to understand what youve gone through but hearing your story you are tough as any steel or rebar ive ever worked with!

Congratulations. Seriously amazing what youve had to endure and what steps youve taken to fix it.

There are people out there struggling with food addiction or to quit smoking...i imagine you sound like walter white during his cancer treatments when you are talking to someone like that.

Thanks brother!
I used alot of different meds over the years starting with dilantin but Ive used keppra, carbamazepine, lacosimide, lamotrigene, Trileptal,Valproic acid. All of these over the years in different combinations. THe magic combo is Briviact and depakote. As far as surgeries go I had a frontal lobectomy where they removed a small part of tissue from my right frontal lobe that was causing or magnifiyng my seizure electrical patterns.

I agree with Bleed, just amazing what you went through. Just amazing.

I find the meds very interesting. I see some, like lamotrigene (sp) (Lamictal) are
phych meds also. They must quiet the brain, but nobody really knows but glad you
found the right combination. Some never do. :(

And the frontal lobectomy. Very impressive you would go to that length. Must
make much of the things we worry about; how many reps? how many sets?
how much weight? what drug to take? . . . all seem very insignificant. Puts things
in perspective, I know it would for me (knocking on wood).

I remember how happy I was to hear that you got to drive again. That would be one of the biggest things for me I think. I love to drive! I bet it is good to be able to transport yourself now whenever and wherever you want to go. I cant imagine having to rely on others to get around. Im scared that someday that will happen to me because of my heart condition.

Oh, I haven't had to be defibrillated since around November of last year. So over 3 months now.

I remember how happy I was to hear that you got to drive again. That would be one of the biggest things for me I think. I love to drive! I bet it is good to be able to transport yourself now whenever and wherever you want to go. I cant imagine having to rely on others to get around. Im scared that someday that will happen to me because of my heart condition.

Oh, I haven't had to be defibrillated since around November of last year. So over 3 months now.
Yeah, the independence of driving again has been a financial and emotional game changer. While everybody has their own challenges and struggles that are in proportion to their own lives, health conditions that like your's and mine ( and many others) that are completely out of our control give folks dealing with them some very unique perspective.

I cant even pretend to understand what youve gone through but hearing your story you are tough as any steel or rebar ive ever worked with!

Congratulations. Seriously amazing what youve had to endure and what steps youve taken to fix it.

There are people out there struggling with food addiction or to quit smoking...i imagine you sound like walter white during his cancer treatments when you are talking to someone like that.
Thanks brother, the decision to go through the surgery was the scariest but easiest choice I've ever had to make. Scary for the obvious reasons, I mean (brain surgery in that area comes with a shit ton of risks and side effects. I was fortunate to have a very minor visual impairment in the upper left field of vision that doesn't inhibit me in any practical sense. THe decision was easy though because If I didn't do it the prognosis was obvious, seizures increasing in intensity and frequency that would leave me with diminished cognitive capacity over time which would ultimately leave me unable to provide for my family and that was simply not an option! I figured if I didn't take care of myself first then I wouldn't be able to take care of my family. Easy choice there! Thanks again brother :cool:

That's incredible! I can't imagine how new life must feel...that's great!! To have a surgery like that sounds pretty serious. I'm glad you had the strength to face it and take that step! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131