over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Health problems related to cycle?

Haha, since you started training when I was 3yo I guess I'll take you word for it.

I tell you, the only time I remember that I had injured myself training was when it was with friends. I almost exclusively trained by myself through my 21 years of training. When I train with someone else I seem to meet the other person in the middle somehow and maybe add more weight, forget my internal perception of form or something that allows me to get to the point in which I am susceptible to injury.

My next thought is that you are at least ten years older than me and I wonder if you are not stretching as much as you need to be. As I'm getting older I feel the need to step back from training and stretch more than I used to years ago. Again, when I train with friends I often just lift and forgo the stretching portion of a workout.

Definitely guilty! My stretching amounts to a couple minutes just prior to hitting the weights hard. Outside a 6 year stint in the Army I've always been guilty of falling short in this area.As I get older it is even more important to incorporate more stretching.

Definitely guilty! My stretching amounts to a couple minutes just prior to hitting the weights hard. Outside a 6 year stint in the Army I've always been guilty of falling short in this area.As I get older it is even more important to incorporate more stretching.

Me too, I’m absolutely horrible about stretching and warming up. I never needed to do these things but now that I’m older, it’s clear I need to do these things and I always put it off. I really need to take yoga because I genuinely don’t know how to stretch properly. Plus I keep reading about stretching actually causing injuries.

One possible contributing factor

One factor could be that you are increasing the weight in exercises too fast. I know in the past I sometimes had to hold myself back from going too heavy too fast. I sustained several bad injuries when I let myself go nuts with the weight, your connective tissue isn't able to strengthen as fast as the muscle. More likely to tear ligaments or tendons I think. Be careful. You haven't mentioned what kind of rep ranges you are using. If you are doing dips with 100 pounds + then you might want to cut back and do higher reps for awhile. Go back to the weight you were using prior to the cycle and slowly work your way back up. Do higher reps for a bit.

One factor could be that you are increasing the weight in exercises too fast. I know in the past I sometimes had to hold myself back from going too heavy too fast. I sustained several bad injuries when I let myself go nuts with the weight, your connective tissue isn't able to strengthen as fast as the muscle. More likely to tear ligaments or tendons I think. Be careful. You haven't mentioned what kind of rep ranges you are using. If you are doing dips with 100 pounds + then you might want to cut back and do higher reps for awhile. Go back to the weight you were using prior to the cycle and slowly work your way back up. Do higher reps for a bit.

Very good point. I do a lot of higher reps as it is, but there is definitely something to be said of overtraining and putting too much stress on the ligaments and tendons too fast. I am coming back from a long lay off after a pec tear and jumping back too hard, too fast could be a problem. I trained light for two months with no gear to get used to handling weights again. Then a month with nothing but 500 mg test and then started this cycle a little over a month ago. Maybe that wasn't slow enough.

Probably the tren, mast, and var plus you seem to be overtraining certain muscles.

I would get off everything except for test and give it a few weeks. Keep monitoring that BP.

Me too, I’m absolutely horrible about stretching and warming up. I never needed to do these things but now that I’m older, it’s clear I need to do these things and I always put it off. I really need to take yoga because I genuinely don’t know how to stretch properly. Plus I keep reading about stretching actually causing injuries.

Stretching before is bad. Stretching after is heavenly.

Very good point. I do a lot of higher reps as it is, but there is definitely something to be said of overtraining and putting too much stress on the ligaments and tendons too fast. I am coming back from a long lay off after a pec tear and jumping back too hard, too fast could be a problem. I trained light for two months with no gear to get used to handling weights again. Then a month with nothing but 500 mg test and then started this cycle a little over a month ago. Maybe that wasn't slow enough.

Yes, take it slow. If you must, to avoid pain, do sets of between 15 and 20 reps. It still builds muscle and is better on connective tissue. Slowly increase the weight over a period of no less than 3 months. Slow and steady. Don't be afraid that you will lose muscle lifting light, you wont. Youll still grow especially since youre on cycle.

As far as I understand, warming up the muscle with cardio and doing like get stretching before helps prevent injury and the more intense stretching after lifting is then ok. But don't stretch with crazy intensity beforehand. But I would bet any stretching beforehand is better than not at all.

I agree with Maldorf. Ligaments take a while to gain strength while muscle can gain strength quickly and this is often forgotten or overlooked as it's fun to go heavy.

Lots of good point brought up here. I think I'm going to stretch my hams now.

Stretching before is bad. Stretching after is heavenly.

Yes stretching before lifting causes more injuries. Lots of studies that I learned this from.

My take on stretching. Not picking on you nothuman. It just got me to thinking . . .

Yes stretching before lifting causes more injuries. Lots of studies that I learned this from.

I keep reading that lifting weights causes injuries too but that does not stop us ;)
Ya gotta be smart about it . . . speed of movement, number of repetitions, learning
what exercises to avoid, how often to exercise . . . well, could go on and on but I
trust my point is understood.

Everybody has their own individual, limited range of motion. Obviously some
people are inherently more flexible than others but all people will benefit from
stretching. The key in my small mind is knowing what your range of motion
is and at a minimum, maintaining it, and if you are careful, improving upon
it, up to a point. Knowing that point is key as beyond that point, which is very
individual, is where injuries can and do occur, often at an alarming rate,
much like weight lifting.

Yes, yoga (‘retreats’ notoriously so) can and does cause injuries. That usually
happens when your ego gets in the way (like weight lifting) and you try to
emulate people who are, often times, inherently way more flexible than you. The
yoga magazines and videos often use models that were or are dancers or gymnasts
or some such activity that takes flexibility, sometimes a high degree, that most
people are not capable of no matter how hard or long they try. That part unfort-
unately they don’t tell you because they are more interested your wallet than your
well-being, again much like bodybuilding and its commercial interests. That is why
I would never, and have never, recommended bodybuilding drugs to a person.

(The way people toss around, recommend, steroid cycles and other drugs to people
they don’t know, even if they ask, would be just plain irresponsible for me. I guess
somebody has got to do it but it won’t be me. Guess it’s just the way I am wired.)

Years ago I took a yoga class consistently for many years and I always felt better
before class than I did after. I always thought it was just part of the deal, the way
everybody else felt, at least that is, if you listened to them. After all, who in their
right mind would pay good money to feel worse? And it was not until I quit going to
yoga class and started listening to my body, taking what ‘worked’ and disregarding
the rest, applying some simple logic (which seemed to escape me at the time, again,
my ego) and selecting the movements that were correct and beneficial for me did I
start to enjoy stretching.

As much as I don’t like speaking in absolutes, I think that there are certain ‘stretches’
that are universally beneficial like ones that improve or maintain hamstring flexibility,
lower back, neck or shoulder mobility for instance. Find the stretches that work for
you and apply them on a regular basis and I think you will be a happy camper, now
and years down the road.

We all can improve / maintain our flexibility. And much like weight lifting, we all
will get bigger and stronger but some will get bigger and stronger faster than others.
That is called life . . . get used to it.

Now here is the ’rub’ as they say. If you are older, how much flexibility can you safely
regain? Can you get back to what it was when you were a teenager? I don’t have
an answer for that or when it is the best time to stretch . . . pre or post workout?
I believe Tom Platz spent a large amount of time stretching pre-squatting so there
is one example. Personally, I have done both, pre and post, with no detrimental
effects. What is important I think is just making / taking the time to do it.

As we age, our muscles shrink (unavoidable regardless of how much or what kind
of gear you take) and we also become less flexible. So, in summary, I stretch,
at a minimum, to maintain my inherent limited range of motion. At best, I try to
improve upon it, but only to a certain point, where it feel safe. Beyond that is where
injuries occur. You can also stretch too much (think volume and frequency). Knowing
that point and what stretches to do requires that you lose your ego, educate yourself,
and pay strict attention to what your body is telling you and apply it on a regular basis.
Pretty boring I know.

Did Bi's and Tri's on Sunday and just 2-3 sets in my triceps felt like they were going to rip through my skin. During a set of seated dips I felt a tweak in my right tricep. I immediately quit doing dips and did a real light set of kickbacks and felt the same pinch in my left tricep. I shut it down for the night.

Yesterday I worked chest and during my second set of dumbell incline presses I felt the same type of feeling in my left tricep, so I shut it down.

This morning I woke up and it felt like both of my biceps were torn. I went to the ER because I have been experiencing constant pain for several weeks now. (shoulders, tris, bi's, elbows) They did a complete blood and urine work up and said everything was good/levels good except my white blood cell count was a little elevated and there was a slight hint of blood in my urine. However, my blood pressure was 177/114!

The dr said he cant tell from the tests what would be causing this constant muscle pain. I thought maybe dehydration but i am drinking at least 4 32oz bottles of water or Gatorade a day. Not an extreme amount, but enough that dehydration shouldn't be causing this.

So my concern naturally goes to gear. Today is day 34 on the following cycle:
80 mg Var ED
600 MG EQ WK
800 MG TEST WK
400 MG MAST WK
400 MG TREN WK

Anyone ever hear of these kinds of muscle pain caused by this kind of cycle? If it was winny I might expect it, but I don't appear that dry at all.

The BP problem is a bigger issue, but that's easier to answer.

You probably have inflammation. You'd need an ultrasound on the muscle to confirm. But Im pretty sure that's what it is. You've over-trained and under-rested. Body cant handle any more stress. Only way to get better is to not work those muscles. Could take weeks (if not months) for the inflammation to go away and wont take much to trigger it back again if not rested properly.

When I was in the ER, those idiots kept using cuffs too small to check my BP.

Story of my life, I was told for years my BP was elevated from doctor's. I than bought the best wrist BP device on the market and found out what I have always knew, that I didn't have high BP.

If you go to a doctor and they say to you that they are using a "Large Adult Cuff", tell the jerk off, cool story bro, now go locate the "Adult Thigh Cuff" as in the cuff desinged for human thighs. If your arm measures 17 inches and above, this is the cuff that should be used to determine your actual blood pressure.

Story of my life, I was told for years my BP was elevated from doctor's. I than bought the best wrist BP device on the market and found out what I have always knew, that I didn't have high BP.

If you go to a doctor and they say to you that they are using a "Large Adult Cuff", tell the jerk off, cool story bro, now go locate the "Adult Thigh Cuff" as in the cuff desinged for human thighs. If your arm measures 17 inches and above, this is the cuff that should be used to determine your actual blood pressure.

Story of my life too. I regularly get systolic readings roughly 20-30 above what I usually see on BOTH of my home monitors, and diastolic readings about 10-15 points higher. The worst is when I donated blood and this dumb lady gave me a stare like I have high BP and need to be aware of it and see a doctor. I just wanted to get out of there ASAP.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131