over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart attack

On the weight training I think 2 body parts a session are enough.
Definitely don't have the stamina I had before so I've started with just 1 set per exercise & now I use 2 sets per exercise.
Sounds pretty pathetic but I think it's ok for now.
It's weird thinking I've 2 stents in my chest now.
I was told it's a main artery which is responsible for 2 thirds of my heart. I was 3,5 hours in the OP & awake. I got something so it seemed like 10 minutes.
The pain at first was excruciating & I seriously nearly passed. I honestly was lucky on that day. I remember thinking honestly, f*ck it ..it's happening. I had accepted it.
The second night in the hospital I woke up & really thought for a moment it was a dream..hard to explain.
But it is what it is...

Since you are active in this thread I will repost my post so you can answer the below. If not, Southern Muscle is correct.

You can reply and answer them in bold under each one. I even put a space between each one in case you don't know how to do that.

How about getting into the real nuts and bolts of why you had the heart attack besides "the genetics that you were dealt". From there members can help with some ideas.

-How do your current labs look?

-How have your labs looked over the last 25 years"

-Past gear use- dosages, durations, compounds, oral use, AI use and dosages"

-With your "genetic history" at what ages did you have a coronary calcium scan, CT angiogram, and stress echo?

-What has been your average BF% the last 25 year, how much cardio?

-Past and current blood pressure?

-Past diet over the last 25 years?

-Alcohol and Rec drug use, stimulant use, nicotine, smoking?

Hi my name's John & I've a question of a medical nature. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience & how it worked out.
In the beginning of February I had a heart attack & recieved 2 Stents in an artery. I'm sure people know what a stent is but I'll just quickly say it's a metal tube or mesh inserted into a blocked or partially blocked artery.
How quickly did anyone with this start seriously training again,?
Will be be speaking to my cardiologist soon so I will naturally ask.
Just wondering if anyone here had this experience.
Thanks John.
Medical guidelines for return to intense training after a cardiac event are 12-24 months. That’s where most sports cardiologist start. Now that’s for heavy training.

Exercising is still good and fine, but the level of fibrosis from your heart attack will determine when and and what level you should go back to.

After stenting it’s about plaque stabilization and revascularization of the heart. I would take the year and focus on being healthy with “exercise” and go off your echo and MRI test results with your cardiologist. Training heavy after a heart attack is asking for more issues. After 4 months minimum I’d ask your cardiologist for a CPET test as it will show you exactly how your heart performs under exercise loads.

After stenting it’s about plaque stabilization and revascularization of the heart.
More than one Doctor asked if I smoked but I don't.
I doubt if the odd beer I drunk is going to cause plaque 🙁
I've definitely stopped eating anything that could cause it. I never was a big eater always in moderation.

More than one Doctor asked if I smoked but I don't.
I doubt if the odd beer I drunk is going to cause plaque 🙁
I've definitely stopped eating anything that could cause it. I never was a big eater always in moderation.
Diet, genetics and gear all play a role when it comes to heart issues. Just don’t rush back into anything. Keep on top of bloodwork, BP and lipids. Light exercise and keep the diet tight for 4-6 months then get a CPET test.

Rushing back to heavy training could cause rhythm issues. My guess is they have you something like Nebilivol (beta blocker) after that and IMO would do.

Diet, genetics and gear all play a role when it comes to heart issues. Just don’t rush back into anything. Keep on top of bloodwork, BP and lipids. Light exercise and keep the diet tight for 4-6 months then get a CPET test.

Rushing back to heavy training could cause rhythm issues. My guess is they have you something like Nebilivol (beta blocker) after that and IMO would do.
Yeah beta blocker & statin ( Atorvastatin)
Which has side effects.
Statins as they're called are supposed to cause muscle weakness, & pains. So far I'm OK. However long term is not a good idea.
One medication I have to take for life because of the stents. A shit load of tablets twice a day

I don't use Gear & never have. I'm not against it just never used it, I know people who do but it's a personal choice.

What's alarming with this medicine is the so called mind fog people talk about. Apparently can affect your reactions & thinking 🤔 turn you into a zombie

Which has side effects.
Statins as they're called are supposed to cause muscle weakness, & pains. So far I'm OK. However long term is not a good idea.
One medication I have to take for life because of the stents. A shit load of tablets twice a day
Make sure you take coq10 with that statin. I have been on a statin for 15 years. I take 100 mg a day of Qsorb coq10. Ubiquinol is even better but i am on tight budget

On the weight training I think 2 body parts a session are enough.
Definitely don't have the stamina I had before so I've started with just 1 set per exercise & now I use 2 sets per exercise.
Sounds pretty pathetic but I think it's ok for now.
It's weird thinking I've 2 stents in my chest now.
I was told it's a main artery which is responsible for 2 thirds of my heart. I was 3,5 hours in the OP & awake. I got something so it seemed like 10 minutes.
The pain at first was excruciating & I seriously nearly passed. I honestly was lucky on that day. I remember thinking honestly, f*ck it ..it's happening. I had accepted it.
The second night in the hospital I woke up & really thought for a moment it was a dream..hard to explain.
But it is what it is...
I now only do two body parts per workout and no more than 6 sets total...that's about all i can do before I just run out of gas...

I guess I'm a madman! I had a major heart attack, 5 bipasses. Cut open like a Christmas goose! 6 weeks later I was doing a full 5 day split at least 16 sets per major muscle group. 10-12 for minors like biceps and triceps. Not only that but I was the personal training manager for a huge franchise. I was also teaching 7-9 aerobic classes a week. I got certified in many types of aerobics including bootcamp, Step, Aqua, etc. Aqua I took as a joke just to hang with the girls, ended up being their best aqua instructor! I was also training a minimum of 40-50 PT clients a week.
Never once got out of breath. I'm older now so I have slowed down.
My heart attack was 17 1/2 years ago. Severe heart disease in my family. Killed my father and my older brother.
My cardiologist used to have me speak to other patients just as an example. He said I was a tribute to strength training, cardio, and correct nutrition.
Never once slowed down till recently. Not saying yall should do what I did but I maintained my strength and conditioning all this time.
Took hrt the whole time also. Had a major physical a month ago. All my stats are fine.

Which has side effects.
Been on atorvastatin for years. 0 side effects.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws