over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Check

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone ever did Heart Check with Life Line Screening company? They will be in my area in couple of weeks.
I just want to check basic things, i dont have any issues or symptoms . I am 48 y old and my Dr. at Kaiser wont check it since i have no symptoms..
Its $149 for these test:
Carotid Artery Scan
PAD Arterial Disease Test
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Test
Atrial Fibrillation Test

Just wondering if anyone did it through them....

Anyone ever did Heart Check with Life Line Screening company? They will be in my area in couple of weeks.
I just want to check basic things, i dont have any issues or symptoms . I am 48 y old and my Dr. at Kaiser wont check it since i have no symptoms..
Its $149 for these test:
Carotid Artery Scan
Atrial Fibrillation Test

Yes. I have used them twice in the past. Definitely gives a little peace of mind. Well worth the money.

Its $149 for these test:
Carotid Artery Scan
Atrial Fibrillation Test

I have used them, great value and good piece of mind..I followed up with calcium score test and it was good to know both were clear..I posted video in past from doctor who prefers the carotid artery scan because he claims it will show soft plaque. Dr Ford Brewer

Thx for that, was looking for something like this, and they are in my area next month! Signing up now.. sweet...

I have used them, great value and good piece of mind..I followed up with calcium score test and it was good to know both were clear..I posted video in past from doctor who prefers the carotid artery scan because he claims it will show soft plaque. Dr Ford Brewer
This test seems to scan the carotid arteries though (in the neck) and not the heart, correct? (To look for risk of stroke)?

I have considered it. From what i read the results are only as good as the technician that is doing the tests.

This test seems to scan the carotid arteries though (in the neck) and not the heart, correct? (To look for risk of stroke)?
yes its like a ultrasound they run probe over the carotid artery as they look at computer for plaque. another of the tests listed is they put blood pressure type cuff on both wrists and both ankles and they look for a difference in pressures which can tell if circulation problem which could be plaque

I have considered it. From what i read the results are only as good as the technician that is doing the tests.
very true...these guys travel around and do the same tests day after day so hopefully the become skilled at it

yes we had a program where our employees at work went through this screening. it saved one guys life who was in chronic afib...he knew his heart was beating erratically but assumed it was due to working out, caffeine etc. they had to restart his heart to get the normal rhythm back. it also caught 2 guys who had early thyroid cancer. both had their thyroid glands removed. one came back to work. the other guy had to retire as the cancer had spread.

the most accurate for heart health is the coronary calcium test. the prob is, it only identifies calcified plaque (which is generally not harmful) and does not measure soft plaque which is the stuff that causes heart attacks. HOWEVER, if you have a high amount of calcified plaque, it can be assumed you have a high amount of soft plaque so further tests are performed. if you have very low calcified plaque, it can be assumed you have low soft plaque....but you just don't know for sure.

@Dado5 good to see you posting! Even though you have Kaiser, I would look into this... https://cleerlyhealth.com/ and see if the out of pocket is doable. A test like this will give you piece of mind on all fronts!

@Dado5 good to see you posting! Even though you have Kaiser, I would look into this... https://cleerlyhealth.com/ and see if the out of pocket is doable. A test like this will give you piece of mind on all fronts!
I agree, this type of testing is the future..the closet one to me is 2 hour drive but I believe this service will expand. 2 hr drive is nothing for piece of mind but I had 0 calcium score and clean CIMT so I will see about this testing in about 2 years

Reactions: Bio
yes we had a program where our employees at work went through this screening. it saved one guys life who was in chronic afib...he knew his heart was beating erratically but assumed it was due to working out, caffeine etc. they had to restart his heart to get the normal rhythm back. it also caught 2 guys who had early thyroid cancer. both had their thyroid glands removed. one came back to work. the other guy had to retire as the cancer had spread.

the most accurate for heart health is the coronary calcium test. the prob is, it only identifies calcified plaque (which is generally not harmful) and does not measure soft plaque which is the stuff that causes heart attacks. HOWEVER, if you have a high amount of calcified plaque, it can be assumed you have a high amount of soft plaque so further tests are performed. if you have very low calcified plaque, it can be assumed you have low soft plaque....but you just don't know for sure.

Bingo.

Lots of misinformation / misperceptions related to CAC.

Zero score is great but doesn’t rule out the menace - soft plaque activity/formation

A CT-angiogram would be needed to assess soft plaque burden (but costs $1,500 or so).

As shared above, a CIMT is a valuable tool in assessing risk, but frustratingly - highly vulnerable to user/technician error.

Its $149 for these test:
Carotid Artery Scan
Atrial Fibrillation Test

Carotid artery scan is done via duplex ultrasound. PAD testing is done via Ankle-Brachial Index assessment. AAA test is done via abdominal U/S. A-Fib should be done via 24 hour telemetry (Holter) monitor. All are simple, easy, and inexpensive to test w/the exception of a portable U/S machine.

Got my results back and everything is perfect. No issues and artery is clear.

Reactions: Bio
You want to the Ultimate data set for atherosclerosis look into gettting Cleerly analysis. Its a analysis of CCTA test that shows you ALL types of plaque and you have exact data to track with.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity