over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Echo Results

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Thought this would be worth sharing on here

I had a physical yesterday with a PCP in a very long time; he detected a slight mumur during the exam, and ordered an Echo for me (on top of an echo for carotid for a bruit he heard, and abdominal for hernia; which is what I originally went in for)

I had the echo done this morning, and got the results.

Findings:

Left ventricle: The cavity size was normal. Wall thickness was
increased in a pattern of mild LVH. Systolic function was normal.
The estimated ejection fraction was 55%, by biplane method of
disks
. Wall motion was normal; there were no regional wall motion
abnormalities. Left ventricular diastolic function parameters were
normal.
Aortic valve: Structurally normal valve. Trileaflet; normal
thickened leaflets. Doppler: There was no stenosis. No
regurgitation.
Aorta: Aortic root: The aortic root was normal in size.
Mitral valve: Normal thickened leaflets. Mobility was not
restricted. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis. No
regurgitation. Valve area by pressure half-time: 4.07cm^2.
Indexed valve area by pressure half-time: 2.05cm^2/m^2. Peak
gradient (D): 2mm Hg.
Left atrium: The atrium was normal in size.
Atrial septum: The septum was normal.
Right ventricle: The cavity size was normal. Systolic function was
normal.

Pulmonic valve: Not well visualized. The valve appears to be
grossly normal. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis.
No regurgitation.
Tricuspid valve: Structurally normal valve. Mobility was not
restricted. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis.
Trivial regurgitation.
Pulmonary artery: Normal pulmonary artery pressure.
Right atrium: The atrium was normal in size.
Pericardium: There was no pericardial effusion.
Quality of study: Image quality was good.

Was anticipating much worse

I had to pay my $1k deductible, but I'm glad I got this done. I'm more on the conservative side with things, and definitely not a big guy but I was definitely anxious for the findings. My HR was 100 during the exam from anxiety, and I kept annoying the tech with questions. The variability in calculating the EF is pretty evident as they do the scan; the measurements they select for the wall width can throw it 5-10%<>; the tech was nice enough to show that to me. I'm not an expert at interpreting echos, but I wonder if they are actually calculating it based on numbers they gather or relying on the computer doing it for them per selection width

My doc is a pretty smart guy who sized me up, and the lifestyle pretty fast; didn't mention anything to him even though he asked. Wonder if he just put down a reason to test my heart for safety sake

TLDR: Went in for hernia exam; no hernia found but got an echo done instead

Congrats bro happy for you! I just got a CT Scan of my coronary arteries and I'm now going to get an echo done next. Wish me luck!

Great results!

Thought this would be worth sharing on here

I had a physical yesterday with a PCP in a very long time; he detected a slight mumur during the exam, and ordered an Echo for me (on top of an echo for carotid for a bruit he heard, and abdominal for hernia; which is what I originally went in for)

I had the echo done this morning, and got the results.

Findings:

Left ventricle: The cavity size was normal. Wall thickness was
increased in a pattern of mild LVH. Systolic function was normal.
The estimated ejection fraction was 55%, by biplane method of
disks
. Wall motion was normal; there were no regional wall motion
abnormalities. Left ventricular diastolic function parameters were
normal.
Aortic valve: Structurally normal valve. Trileaflet; normal
thickened leaflets. Doppler: There was no stenosis. No
regurgitation.
Aorta: Aortic root: The aortic root was normal in size.
Mitral valve: Normal thickened leaflets. Mobility was not
restricted. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis. No
regurgitation. Valve area by pressure half-time: 4.07cm^2.
Indexed valve area by pressure half-time: 2.05cm^2/m^2. Peak
gradient (D): 2mm Hg.
Left atrium: The atrium was normal in size.
Atrial septum: The septum was normal.
Right ventricle: The cavity size was normal. Systolic function was
normal.

Pulmonic valve: Not well visualized. The valve appears to be
grossly normal. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis.
No regurgitation.
Tricuspid valve: Structurally normal valve. Mobility was not
restricted. Doppler: There was no evidence for stenosis.
Trivial regurgitation.
Pulmonary artery: Normal pulmonary artery pressure.
Right atrium: The atrium was normal in size.
Pericardium: There was no pericardial effusion.
Quality of study: Image quality was good.

Was anticipating much worse

I had to pay my $1k deductible, but I'm glad I got this done. I'm more on the conservative side with things, and definitely not a big guy but I was definitely anxious for the findings. My HR was 100 during the exam from anxiety, and I kept annoying the tech with questions. The variability in calculating the EF is pretty evident as they do the scan; the measurements they select for the wall width can throw it 5-10%<>; the tech was nice enough to show that to me. I'm not an expert at interpreting echos, but I wonder if they are actually calculating it based on numbers they gather or relying on the computer doing it for them per selection width

My doc is a pretty smart guy who sized me up, and the lifestyle pretty fast; didn't mention anything to him even though he asked. Wonder if he just put down a reason to test my heart for safety sake

TLDR: Went in for hernia exam; no hernia found but got an echo done instead

Can I ask why you were expecting much worse??

Was it just the anxiety of the doc hearing a murmur during the physical exam?

Congrats bro happy for you! I just got a CT Scan of my coronary arteries and I'm now going to get an echo done next. Wish me luck!

Good that you are doing all of this bro, it's well worth it. Best of luck

I'd suggest a CT calcium score, they can be found for around $100 without insurance, make sure it's a low radiation scan made for calcium only.

Can I ask why you were expecting much worse??

Was it just the anxiety of the doc hearing a murmur during the physical exam?

My dad a triple bypass when I was 4 years old. I've spent a lot of my teens and early 20s in clinics and pharmacies waiting in line

I have a very different lifestyle compared to him, but it's still a lingering thought of genetic heritage

I'm not an anxious person in day to day life; but laying on your side with a wand over your chest staring at a monitor provokes some interesting thoughts. Confucius wasn't wrong when he said that a healthy person wants 10,000 things, but a sick person only wants one thing

I have no regrets though as I feel good, look good, and have done well with the genetic tools my parents gave me

I'd suggest a CT calcium score, they can be found for around $100 without insurance, make sure it's a low radiation scan made for calcium only.

It's next on my list of things to get later this year or early next year

I don't expect a lot of hard plaque at 25, but it's a good to establish a baseline from a younger age going forward

My dad a triple bypass when I was 4 years old. I've spent a lot of my teens and early 20s in clinics and pharmacies waiting in line

I have a very different lifestyle compared to him, but it's still a lingering thought of genetic heritage

I'm not an anxious person in day to day life; but laying on your side with a wand over your chest staring at a monitor provokes some interesting thoughts. Confucius wasn't wrong when he said that a healthy person wants 10,000 things, but a sick person only wants one thing

I have no regrets though as I feel good, look good, and have done well with the genetic tools my parents gave me

My dad had 5 bypasses with 2 heart surgeries in a span of some 30 years, about 7 heart attacks in total, eventually with only 20% of capacity remaining his heart quit at 82 years old. Throughout my adulthood studying a way to not replicate my dad history, one of the things I learnt is that "indirectly" he was killed by mainstream medicine. True, they extended his life, but that is like stretching a rubber band. You are not enlarging that rubber band, all you ae dong is just stretch it. In his case, they delayed the process of dying, but the underlying condition was never approached and cured, simply because allopathic MD directed medicine has no training nor knowledge to manage and cure chronic symptoms and conditions. They only rely on drugs and surgeries. Cholesterol DOES NOT cause heart disease, fat DOES NOT cause heart disease, in fact cholesterol and animal fat are essential for health. The problem is chronic inflammation, oxidative damage, free radicals, cholesterol and calcium buildup, and this last does not come from how much cholesterol you eat or your liver produce, but rather is the "WHY" your body is depositing that cholesterol in the arteries. That is the approach, main stream medicine refuses to acknowledge this, and they insist in poisoning people with drugs and surgeries which puts the patient in a difficult situation because once shit hits the fan, what are our options? Of course you will sign your life away in a piece of paper to a guy in white coat hoping he can save your life. But this situation was possible to avoid all along by approaching the situation in a holistic way.

Second thing I realized, genetics have a very little influence in this. Just because our fathers and/or grandfathers had this medical history, does not necessarily mean that we will too. Their history in reality, more than genetics, was their lifestyle. Same nutritional habits, same level of stress, same way to approach life, same experiences in life passed from one generation to the next. And these are the main factors that create heart disease. It is basically the combination of what we put in our bodies plus what we do not put in our bodies. What we put in our bodies is not only through out mouth, but also what we are exposed to. Toxic fumes, chemicals, radiation, wifi signal. EMF, cellphone waves, microwaves, etc, and the psychological factors. Work stress, emotional stress, responsibilities, problems, etc. All that combined produces tremendous amounts of oxidative damage and chronic inflammation. Now what we do not put in our bodies, is mostly through our mouth. The United States of America has one of the most toxic nutritional habits in the planet. Our food supply for the most part is plain garbage and poison. Full of chemicals, processed food, gluten that has become even harder to digest due to farming techniques, etc. But one of the most catastrophic aspects of our food supply, is the fact that it contains almost ZERO essential nutrients. Every single cell in our bodies need every single day of our lives essential nutrients in order to perform ever single biochemical task they are created for. Wether is to repair tissue, to absorb sugar, to secret insulin, to pump blood, to absorb nutrients, whatever, you name it, we have around a trillion of cells in our bodies to make this noble machine work. And each one of those trillion of cells need essential nutrients. In total, our bodies need 90 essential nutrients. 60 trace minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 amino acids and 2 fatty acids.

These nutrients ARE NOT in our food supply. Even if you buy organic, non gmo, all you are doing is buying basically "cleaner" food, but that doesnt mean you are getting the nutrition you need. The nutrients are not in the soil anymore. Simple as that. An organic non gmo banana as an example, has nowhere near the same amount of potassium a natural banana had 150-200 years ago. The soil has been depleted from over farming and most of the soil is intoxicated with pesticides, antibiotics, herbicides, and gmo seeds. When a doctor says "just eat some 3 salts every day and you are good" that can't be any more further from the truth. That is not true, 3 salads a day in terms of essential nutrients will do almost nothing. Keep in mind, an MD had no more than one semester of nutrition, and zero nutritional science in medical school.

Of course this is not the holy grail of immortality, but what has been tried already for so many decades, does not work. Art least in my experience.

^ A lot of this isn't accurate. Genetics DO matter, cholesterol DOES matter IF you have heart disease, nutrients aren't "gone from our food supply." This all gets more and more far-fetched the further it goes. It's sprinkled with half-truths, like the accurate fact that inflammation is ultimately behind CAD and that cholesterol doesn't really matter IF you DON'T have heart disease and/or genetics for it. I get what you are getting at, and you are correct there is problems in this area, but it's not nearly as extreme as you are saying.

Your father had bad heart genetics AND he lived way past the average age, seems like a win for modern medicine.

I would highly suggest you take similar precautions, people with a genetic predisposition start laying down plaque as early as adolescence.

^ A lot of this isn't accurate. Genetics DO matter, cholesterol DOES matter IF you have heart disease, nutrients aren't "gone from our food supply." This all gets more and more far-fetched the further it goes. It's sprinkled with half-truths, like the accurate fact that inflammation is ultimately behind CAD and that cholesterol doesn't really matter IF you DON'T have heart disease and/or genetics for it. I get what you are getting at, and you are correct there is problems in this area, but it's not nearly as extreme as you are saying.

Your father had bad heart genetics AND he lived way past the average age, seems like a win for modern medicine.

I would highly suggest you take similar precautions, people with a genetic predisposition start laying down plaque as early as adolescence.

Thank you, I am taking precautions "just in case", But there is no such thing as bad genes. There are mutated genes. If a gene was coded to be bad, it would defy Darwin's law of natural selection. Mother nature doesnt allow a faulty copy to pass the bad gene to the pool. A bad gene would have to be there since the moment the creation took place and it would have either filtered out, by natural selection, or mother nature would have rendered the species useless and let it go extinct. Now, if the gene was not always there, then is a mutation, and mutations have their foundation in external factors plus nutrient deficiency. In this case a multi generational deficiency in ORAC points. For example it is scientifically proven the efficacy of Selenium supplementation, which is an essential nutrient of which the vast majority of Americans are chronically low on, on prevention of breast cancer, and even used as part of therapy to combat breast tumors. Because the gene for breast cancer is not a bad gene, is a mutation in a gene. Still, main stream allopathic directed MD medicine uses barbaric methods like chopping off a breast as a way of "cure", when it can be prevented from the moment a mother gets pregnant and throughout the lifespan of the offspring with proper amounts of essential nutrients. Ultimately a cultural shift in supplementation of enough anti oxidants could eradicate breast cancer as an example in a matter of 2-3 generations, but that would equal hundreds of billions of dollars in losses to pharmaceutical corporations, therefore is labeled as quackery.

I put my money on my grandpa (who had similar heart history as my dad) and my dad on gluten. They were wheat farmers, hillbillies. Lived far out in the country in the days where not even electricity existed in those remote areas. Made and built everything themselves and all their diet was based on wheat (gluten) Now, even though there is preliminary science, gluten besides being toxic for the majority of the population, it seems like it affects differently depending on blood type. My family we are all A2+ blood type, which is conventionally known to have very delicate digestive system. Mainstream MD medicine also refuses to acknowledge the dangers of gluten, but in my own research, gluten is not only the cause and foundation of all autoimmune diseases, but also I am finding some date correlating gluten toxicity to chronic inflammation and CAD.

I will still of course use all the available technology to exam and monitor my Cardiac system, and even though all I have read might be indeed quackery, only time will tell. I might go down catastrophically from a massive heart attack, or I might be able to outlive my ancestors without any heart condition which will prove what I have been reading as true.

This is great that many of our members are posting these stories. I believe it will motivate others to get checks done.

I need to get myself checked out as I missed last year's exam. Hopefully I'll be able to do it before the summer here.

Thank you, I am taking precautions "just in case", But there is no such thing as bad genes. There are mutated genes. If a gene was coded to be bad, it would defy Darwin's law of natural selection. Mother nature doesnt allow a faulty copy to pass the bad gene to the pool. A bad gene would have to be there since the moment the creation took place and it would have either filtered out, by natural selection, or mother nature would have rendered the species useless and let it go extinct. Now, if the gene was not always there, then is a mutation, and mutations have their foundation in external factors plus nutrient deficiency. In this case a multi generational deficiency in ORAC points. For example it is scientifically proven the efficacy of Selenium supplementation, which is an essential nutrient of which the vast majority of Americans are chronically low on, on prevention of breast cancer, and even used as part of therapy to combat breast tumors. Because the gene for breast cancer is not a bad gene, is a mutation in a gene. Still, main stream allopathic directed MD medicine uses barbaric methods like chopping off a breast as a way of "cure", when it can be prevented from the moment a mother gets pregnant and throughout the lifespan of the offspring with proper amounts of essential nutrients. Ultimately a cultural shift in supplementation of enough anti oxidants could eradicate breast cancer as an example in a matter of 2-3 generations, but that would equal hundreds of billions of dollars in losses to pharmaceutical corporations, therefore is labeled as quackery.

I put my money on my grandpa (who had similar heart history as my dad) and my dad on gluten. They were wheat farmers, hillbillies. Lived far out in the country in the days where not even electricity existed in those remote areas. Made and built everything themselves and all their diet was based on wheat (gluten) Now, even though there is preliminary science, gluten besides being toxic for the majority of the population, it seems like it affects differently depending on blood type. My family we are all A2+ blood type, which is conventionally known to have very delicate digestive system. Mainstream MD medicine also refuses to acknowledge the dangers of gluten, but in my own research, gluten is not only the cause and foundation of all autoimmune diseases, but also I am finding some date correlating gluten toxicity to chronic inflammation and CAD.

I will still of course use all the available technology to exam and monitor my Cardiac system, and even though all I have read might be indeed quackery, only time will tell. I might go down catastrophically from a massive heart attack, or I might be able to outlive my ancestors without any heart condition which will prove what I have been reading as true.

I think this is just semantics though

Yes, a carrier of sickle cell anemia will have an advantage in a malaria infested land, but that doesn't really mean sickle cell anemia doesn't have it's downsides

Yes, a preventative approach to chronic illnesses isn't something that is prioritized in this country, but there are people who are predisposed to certain things at a far greater rate. And some of them regardless of proper exercise and diet will require medication for cholesterol management to prevent future cardiac events. I know first hand cases of people who have had this issue. John Meadows is probably one of the most meticulous guys when it came to health management, and he suffered a cardiac event (which thankfully he's recovered well from). That clotting issue is a familial thing more than anything else.

If I look at a young fit guy with elevated LDL but every other marker in range with little inflammation, I wouldn't get terribly concerned.

But if a sedentary overweight man comes in with elevated numbers, a statin (or any other class of cholesterol metabolism drug) isn't out of the picture, because this guy is probably not going to lose the weight, or reduce the TV dinners he's eating. So cleaving off one part of the equation which is Cholesterol can keep him enjoying vacations with his kids at Disneyland instead of being wheeled into the Cath lab

This is the stuff they should be mandating in schools for education instead of European history

P.S- Things like cancer are more complicated than just utilizing antioxidants

@thethinker48

Sorry I'd didn't get back to your texts the other day. My wife and I are doing some remolding putting hardwood flooring down in a few rooms. Fun times 😁

This is good news! Kudos for taking the precautionaries!

Yeah, the brain-trusts of genomics teeter their thoughts that epigenetics trumps genetics on selective gene transcriptions giving fortification to health or lack thereof.

I'm sure there's intersections that play pivotal roles. Who knows 😏

I don't believe that inborn error metabolisms can be correct with a plateful of nutraceuticals regaining the fruitfulness of health.

Pondering thoughts, what if the foundation (pop quiz) for gene transcriptions wasn't there, how do we proceed 🤔

I think Djufo = eaglecall :cautious:

@Stewie

No worries, I figured you were busy with work or something else

Man, no gene trans would give that average mortality graph some funky numbers to work with

It's like that movie where people have an x amount of days to live, and they use time as currency. I'm sure people would find ways to make tribes and groups out of that too :)

Gene mutations are obviously both inherited and environmentally caused. Cancer, for example, is usually a combination of both, a genetic predisposition combined with an environmental trigger.

I think this is just semantics though

Yes, a carrier of sickle cell anemia will have an advantage in a malaria infested land, but that doesn't really mean sickle cell anemia doesn't have it's downsides

Yes, a preventative approach to chronic illnesses isn't something that is prioritized in this country, but there are people who are predisposed to certain things at a far greater rate. And some of them regardless of proper exercise and diet will require medication for cholesterol management to prevent future cardiac events. I know first hand cases of people who have had this issue. John Meadows is probably one of the most meticulous guys when it came to health management, and he suffered a cardiac event (which thankfully he's recovered well from). That clotting issue is a familial thing more than anything else.

If I look at a young fit guy with elevated LDL but every other marker in range with little inflammation, I wouldn't get terribly concerned.

But if a sedentary overweight man comes in with elevated numbers, a statin (or any other class of cholesterol metabolism drug) isn't out of the picture, because this guy is probably not going to lose the weight, or reduce the TV dinners he's eating. So cleaving off one part of the equation which is Cholesterol can keep him enjoying vacations with his kids at Disneyland instead of being wheeled into the Cath lab

This is the stuff they should be mandating in schools for education instead of European history

P.S- Things like cancer are more complicated than just utilizing antioxidants

I agree, but your post is based on the assumption that MD allopathic medicine is the only master medicine in the world, and that is where the huge mistake is. As mentioned before, allopathic medicine only relies on 2 things: Drugs and surgery. Thats it. Nothing more. Why? because that is what they are trained for, that is the purpose of their field. So when you talk about the guy walking in with bad LDL numbers, THAT IS TOO LATE. Basically this field of medicine, Allopathic MD, waits until shit breaks to then patch it which is the wrong approach.

Your car for example. Do you wait until the cylinders are about to burst to then take it to the mechanic and put oil? or rather you prevent any failure by changing oil, filter, checking all fluids and replacing filters? The latter correct? then why the body has to be treated different?

In fact, allopathic medicine is unable to provide preventative care, for the same reason. All they can do is provide early detection. Which again, it means to wait until shit breaks to patch it. Wrong approach.

The fair and proper way to care for health is a holistic way. The only preventative field of medicine is Naturopathic Medicine which is only licensed in some 32 states, courtesy of Pharmaceutical corporations. Of course, because Naturopath cure through nutrient therapy which is what the body is made of, not drugs. And by curing, pharmaceutical corporations lose billions of dollars. Therefore Naturopathic Medicine = Quacks.

If we had a real free medical market FOR THE PEOPLE, and not just strictly for profit, we would have insurance covered access to Traditional Chinese medicine, Acupuncture, Quiropractic Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine, Naturopathic Medicine, and Allopathic medicine with was created for trauma.

If I break a bone, that is what an MD is for. If I never took care of myself and my apendix is about to burst, that is what an MD is for. If I chop off a finger and need it reattached, that is what an MD is for. That is their field. But if my liver numbers are bad, an MD has ZERO jurisdiction there. Wrong specialist. All that MD can do in that case is "treat" me through drugs and surgery which is ridiculous, when the body has its own mechanism of repair and balance out when the raw materials are provided in the right amounts, for age and weight, and that field is Naturopathic Medicine.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear