over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

heart meds

chestrockwell420

Registered
I was searching for a post where everyone was discussing what heart meds they took, for healthy management, while on gear. I was looking for a particular med and just cant think of the name or find the post. Am looking to start taking some once more research is completed. Thanx in advance

By meds do you mean supps?, don't think many here take heart "meds"

A good omega 3 / fish oil supplement
Ubiquinol
A good quality Hawthorne Berry supp

is what I take daily for cardiovascular health

Coq10, fish oil, garlic, tumeric, hawthorn berry, baby aspirin (just to prevent clots), proper hydration (don't OVER HYDRATE) are all good for the heart.

damn i knew i shoulda saved the link as i would forget! it had to do with hypertension and strengthening the heart. it was a prescription medication i believe normal dosage was 40mg daily. i will keep searching and hopefully find it.
altho the info above is good stuff and will add COQ10 along with my aspirin and fish oil

damn i knew i shoulda saved the link as i would forget! it had to do with hypertension and strengthening the heart. it was a prescription medication i believe normal dosage was 40mg daily. i will keep searching and hopefully find it.

altho the info above is good stuff and will add COQ10 along with my aspirin and fish oil

Lisinopril, Losartan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think you're talking about Telmisartan/Micardis brother

L-citrulline malate 2:1 is not a bad idea also.

perhaps AU the description of the med sounds very similar to what im looking for..thax

Telmisartan to me is mandatory. The articles that have been continuously posted along with what gotgame said about it negating certain effects of AAS makes it ignorant not to use it IMO.

Ubiquinol, curcumin, Citruline Malate, Magnesium, and Vitamin K I would say are the must haves

The others that I also use that are worth consideration are garlic, hawthorne berry, pycnogenol, D-ribose, arjuna (and metformin which is an RX)

Of course ideally, you'd get blood work and see what it is you need to address in order to choose what to take

Telmisartan to me is mandatory. The articles that have been continuously posted along with what gotgame said about it negating certain effects of AAS makes it ignorant not to use it IMO.

Ubiquinol, curcumin, Citruline Malate, Magnesium, and Vitamin K I would say are the must haves

The others that I also use that are worth consideration are garlic, hawthorne berry, pycnogenol, D-ribose, arjuna (and metformin which is an RX)

Of course ideally, you'd get blood work and see what it is you need to address in order to choose what to take

Telmisartin forgot all about this. I use lisinopril. You happen to have the link again why telmisartin is so much better?

Telmisartan to me is mandatory.

thats it Nothuman, and i remember ur post and avatar now. thanks alot for chiming in. now i can read up some more

What about those who do not have high blood pressure? Mine hovers around 115/62 ish atm. My HH are high, but everything else is fine. Would this be a bad idea to take since it may lower blood pressure significantly?

Telmisartin forgot all about this. I use lisinopril. You happen to have the link again why telmisartin is so much better?

I've posted them so many times so just google telmisaratan life extension and you'll find ieasily

thats it Nothuman, and i remember ur post and avatar now. thanks alot for chiming in. now i can read up some more

Yup np

What about those who do not have high blood pressure? Mine hovers around 115/62 ish atm. My HH are high, but everything else is fine. Would this be a bad idea to take since it may lower blood pressure significantly?

Good to take even in the absence of high BP. I doubt 40mg will significantly lower your bp. It doesn't lower mine all that much from what it seems like, but I've also been on it 3 years now.

If that is your blood pressure I would be careful adding things in. Do it one at a time. All those supps are great but some are definitely not needed for you. It's about weighing up their benefits to the amount they lower blood pressure. A good example is Ubiquinol can lower blood pressure but you should be fine and it has so many good properties for everyone so that is a thumbs up from me. Now Hawthorne Berry is something that can lower blood pressure and the benefits aren't as plentiful so I would avoid that.

Nothuman's post is fantastc and guys should be going from that. But for you I would be careful adding in the likes of magnesium and high dosing citrulline malate. Now the curcumin and vitamin k should be gtg but again one at a time and only if you feel the will benefit you personally. Some guys take stuff because they feel they have to but sometimes they shouldn't when going by their personal blood work and genetics.

If that is your blood pressure I would be careful adding things in. Do it one at a time. All those supps are great but some are definitely not needed for you. It's about weighing up their benefits to the amount they lower blood pressure. A good example is Ubiquinol can lower blood pressure but you should be fine and it has so many good properties for everyone so that is a thumbs up from me. Now Hawthorne Berry is something that can lower blood pressure and the benefits aren't as plentiful so I would avoid that.

Nothuman's post is fantastc and guys should be going from that. But for you I would be careful adding in the likes of magnesium and high dosing citrulline malate. Now the curcumin and vitamin k should be gtg but again one at a time and only if you feel the will benefit you personally. Some guys take stuff because they feel they have to but sometimes they shouldn't when going by their personal blood work and genetics.
Good call on that. I had super low BP prior to TRT (90-100/55-65) for the longest time. I've been up to about 135-140/85 at a stressful time in my life and on tren lol. Other than that, my BP has always been low.

Makes me wonder how much genetic makeup accounts for heart conditions over outside factors. The human body is quite the rub-ix cube.

True. Ideally he would have a bp monitor at home so if he adds something and if he drops too low, he knows to stop taking it. Diastolic of 62 is starting to push it if it goes below (I can't ever get mine above 62 personally). Systolic of 115 can be less if he wants.

dandelion root at 2000mg would always bring down my BP when im on dbol, anadrol, or tren or whenever i feel my neck throb.

FWIW, these drugs are in two different classes and yours is not considered inferior. It too has kidney-protective effects. It's also in a drug class (ACE-inhibitors) that is first-line treatment for heart failure patients and reduces all-cause mortality in this group. While telmisartan and those in its class (ARB) may also do this, currently the clinical evidence just isn't there (yet).

Also, you would not want to run both of these drugs at the same time. If another blood pressure medication was required, typically something out of the calcium channel blocker class, such as amlodipine, is added.

The benefits, if any, that you'd see from switching medications from lisinopril to telmisartan would likely be negligible.

BONUS CONTENT: For those reading this--if you're African-American, disregard this information. You'd want to be on either diuretics or a calcium channel blocker. You can google treatment recommendations and why if you'd like to know more (physiological differences).

FWIW, these drugs are in two different classes and yours is not considered inferior. It too has kidney-protective effects. It's also in a drug class (ACE-inhibitors) that is first-line treatment for heart failure patients and reduces all-cause mortality in this group. While telmisartan and those in its class (ARB) may also do this, currently the clinical evidence just isn't there (yet).

Also, you would not want to run both of these drugs at the same time. If another blood pressure medication was required, typically something out of the calcium channel blocker class, such as amlodipine, is added.

The benefits, if any, that you'd see from switching medications from lisinopril to telmisartan would likely be negligible.

BONUS CONTENT: For those reading this--if you're African-American, disregard this information. You'd want to be on either diuretics or a calcium channel blocker. You can google treatment recommendations and why if you'd like to know more (physiological differences).

This is for those with real health issues though. I think he wants to know which is better for longevity.

As someone who works in a cardiac unit, it seems like ill advice to advise anyone to take any ACE inhibitors, ARBs, BB, CCB etc as using them as off label instead for there true therapeutic purposes. Your best just not to mega dose gear, training too frequently- imflammation excess and get so big it causes cardiomegaly. Which can lead to hr failure and arrhythmia and or value disorders to follow.

However if your going to follow this ridiculous advice most cardiologist will hold/not give most bp meds If bp is less than 100/60 generally. BB or beta blockers follows this same rule for bp, but HR needing to be over 60 beats.

Again being in sports and know a little something about cardiomegaly, HR failure, arrhythmias these drugs will do llittle for you unless you meet the criteria above. I know notuman has some kind of cardiac history. I'm sure his medicine is necessary for him, but you all probably not so much.the real.issues. your abuse, need to be address than try to place a bandaid on it. Taking more shit to deludes you even more into think you can bypass the silver bullet.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131