over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy Duty Training

EastTheBeast

Newbies
hi guys,

ive been looking around and doing some research on mike mentzer and his HIT training and im pretty sure im gonna start a similar programme in the near future.

just wanted to ask if anyone

A) has any experience with this
B) can direct me to some good articles on the subject

thank you

if u want to use a Mentzer routine use one of his early ones, not the ones he espoused later on with a workout every like 10 days

DC training and BFT training are much better options, i have used both with good results

I did it for 10 years in a row, it is very good, you just have to adjust it to you and adjust the diet for the season, it worked for my clients and competitors, i did bouth Heavy Duty I and II and i loved it, just fallow the principles explained on the books and you should only get great size and strenght.
I hace lots of coments here, just search.

EVERY THING WORKS..... JUST DO IT WRITE!!!!

I did it for 10 years in a row, it is very good, you just have to adjust it to you and adjust the diet for the season, it worked for my clients and competitors, i did bouth Heavy Duty I and II and i loved it, just fallow the principles explained on the books and you should only get great size and strenght.
I hace lots of coments here, just search.

EVERY THING WORKS..... JUST DO IT WRITE!!!!

heinz, it does seem like u've made the most progress since u started training with munoz which is more of a volume routine, ur physique improvements testify to this

heinz, it does seem like u've made the most progress since u started training with munoz which is more of a volume routine, ur physique improvements testify to this

Sure!!! i am very happy with my progress, i was so sticket to it, and i have got all i am write know from Heavy Duty....After i meet Victor i realize that periodization will work beautifull. My plan for next year is start competing at the two last shows so i can have time to do a good off season and diet down trying to come at least 10 pounds heavier, so i will start with Heavy Duty I for at least 4 month since i get back the strenght and some weight after my last show. Then re- shape the new mass .

In my experience, guys with a different genetics and muscle form, will get from Heavy Duty all they need, i am talking about people full of details and rounded muscles naturally so they should only train to gain and grow those muscles and they will look big and in great shape.

When i first meet Victor he sayd, you are big and thick but you look like a football player!!!....We have to re- shape you body, i knew it already but he put me on track in the right way. It is been very hard and difficult battleling against genetics but you get what you work for, impreovements are coming and i will keep working to get the High competition level some day.(maybe at my 50's , but i will do it)

Sure!!! i am very happy with my progress, i was so sticket to it, and i have got all i am write know from Heavy Duty....After i meet Victor i realize that periodization will work beautifull. My plan for next year is start competing at the two last shows so i can have time to do a good off season and diet down trying to come at least 10 pounds heavier, so i will start with Heavy Duty I for at least 4 month since i get back the strenght and some weight after my last show. Then re- shape the new mass .

In my experience, guys with a different genetics and muscle form, will get from Heavy Duty all they need, i am talking about people full of details and rounded muscles naturally so they should only train to gain and grow those muscles and they will look big and in great shape.

When i first meet Victor he sayd, you are big and thick but you look like a football player!!!....We have to re- shape you body, i knew it already but he put me on track in the right way. It is been very hard and difficult battleling against genetics but you get what you work for, impreovements are coming and i will keep working to get the High competition level some day.(maybe at my 50's , but i will do it)

Bigheinz,

with Heavy Duty I you us preexhautions (spelling ?) , Flys and then the benchpress etc.
What do you think about Big A´s approach where you do the isolation movments after the compound movments ?
First Benchpress and then Flys etc ?

Last edited:

Heavy Duty 1 consists of what? I mean the workout outline, i assume this isnt the super-slow method. Do you think u will modify Heavy Duty 1 to include what u have learned from Munoz in terms of training frequency or possibly modify it the way people like Dorian did?

Considering ur Heavy Duty roots, would u consider doing a DC routine as they are very effective for size, strength and are influenced by Mentzers theories but a bit more scientific and less philosophical which is where I believe Mentzer made his biggest mistakes as the body is scientific not philosophical and anyone who has taken some courses in Philosophy knows u basically never come to an answer unless u only go with one philosopher like Ayn Rand as Mentzer did. Mentzer tried to be scientific and claimed to be but in all honesty it he never really was. His philosophical views seemed to cloud his scientific stance and it got to a point where he became somewhat intellectually dishonest or at the very least not open-minded which is completely the opposite of science and philosophy no matter how much he admired Socrates, Plato and Aristotle who tried to attain truth

plus science has improved greatly and does not claim HIT to be ineffective but generally not as good as other routines that include more frequency

Heavy Duty 1 consists of what? I mean the workout outline, i assume this isnt the super-slow method. Do you think u will modify Heavy Duty 1 to include what u have learned from Munoz in terms of training frequency or possibly modify it the way people like Dorian did?

Considering ur Heavy Duty roots, would u consider doing a DC routine as they are very effective for size, strength and are influenced by Mentzers theories but a bit more scientific and less philosophical which is where I believe Mentzer made his biggest mistakes as the body is scientific not philosophical and anyone who has taken some courses in Philosophy knows u basically never come to an answer unless u only go with one philosopher like Ayn Rand as Mentzer did. Mentzer tried to be scientific and claimed to be but in all honesty it he never really was. His philosophical views seemed to cloud his scientific stance and it got to a point where he became somewhat intellectually dishonest or at the very least not open-minded which is completely the opposite of science and philosophy no matter how much he admired Socrates, Plato and Aristotle who tried to attain truth

plus science has improved greatly and does not claim HIT to be ineffective but generally not as good as other routines that include more frequency

I'm trying my best to stay out of this, but virtually all the HIT variations that Mentzer/Jones/Darden/Hutchins came up with are junk. THis includes all of Mentzer's later work, SuperSlow (a true bodybuilding failure), and all the rest.

Well i have to say i did my first training in this manner last night it felt great and i was knackered and was sweating like nothin normal!

Anyway i do remain sceptical!
I have started a journal on another site titled "my Heavy Duty Experiment" hinting towards the fact that i am unsure if it will work!

If anyone cares i could report back on here also to see if it works or doesn't work for me!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131