over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy front squats...28 days until worlds

Great job.
One thing, YOU NEED BETTER SPOTTERS SIR. (not that you need any ;-))
The one on the left should not be touching the barbell.

Great power!!:eek:

Wish I had access to a bar like that. Doing heavy front squats is a bitch keeping the bar from slipping down. I used to not be able to go over about 365 or so because I could no longer keep the bar up. Great form on that and I think those bench squats work well.

great squat! i used to have access to a bar like this in my old gym but never used it for front squats always have done front squats with regular barbell but seeing it used for this makes me think it be a great idea

impressive!

Great job Shawn!!!

Do u get pressure in ur lower back when u have that much weight pushing down on ur spine when in the seated position? I have a lower disc issue so it looks painfull to me I know the belt helps with that but i was also told that belts take away from developing core stability....just curious

Thanks guys.

As for the belt issue I am a powerlifter so I wear my belt. I still train my abs as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Do u get pressure in ur lower back when u have that much weight pushing down on ur spine when in the seated position? I have a lower disc issue so it looks painfull to me I know the belt helps with that but i was also told that belts take away from developing core stability....just curious

if your disc issue is a bulged disk a belt doesn't help at all. A bulged disk is effected by compressive forces which a belt does not help with in any way.

A belt taking away from developing core stability is largely a myth... If you cinch the belt super tight and use it as a crutch letting your abs go slack then yes, but this is improper use of a belt. It should eb snug but not overly tight and you should keep your abs very tight. All the belt does is provide something for your abs to isometrically contract against. It in fact BUILDS core stability by providing a barrier for your abs to push against HARDER

Very nice I wish my gym had one of those bars.

Shawn that rocks socks bro!

I like that bar too; I wish I had one of those suckers!

if your disc issue is a bulged disk a belt doesn't help at all. A bulged disk is effected by compressive forces which a belt does not help with in any way.

A belt taking away from developing core stability is largely a myth... If you cinch the belt super tight and use it as a crutch letting your abs go slack then yes, but this is improper use of a belt. It should eb snug but not overly tight and you should keep your abs very tight. All the belt does is provide something for your abs to isometrically contract against. It in fact BUILDS core stability by providing a barrier for your abs to push against HARDER

good to know....thanks for clearing that up

As a powerlifter IF you can breathe...it's not tight enough. :)

clearly its working for you Future, you've put up a great raw total especially your squat, for me if i get the belt too tight for max attempts i can't seem to get my air very well and have trouble keeping my abs tight and i lose stability

clearly its working for you Future, you've put up a great raw total especially your squat, for me if i get the belt too tight for max attempts i can't seem to get my air very well and have trouble keeping my abs tight and i lose stability

Everyone is different. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Very impressive strength. What weight division do you compete and are you having to cut weight?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws