over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy HIT

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Heavy HIT training has gotten me growing again. I was training with Shelby years ago and got hurt doing it and stopped. I have been repping my ass off to failure and doing well but topped out my program with little to no gains.
By returning to a very simple two working sets per body part I have totally reversed things and am moving the direction I need to to be competitive.

I guess the take away here is "never stop switching it up", keep trying shit until you find that happy spot for (YOUR) body. I'll be riding this horse for a while. :)

CG

Good to hear annecdotes like this, thanks CG

I love mountaindog training and have been doing it religiously for coming on two years now - but I've been strongly considering a DC or HIT program post-competition to try and add the size I know I need to be more competitive at the next level

yeah i have never been one that could stick to any one program for an extended period of time without plateauing. I have always had to switch it up

Good to hear annecdotes like this, thanks CG

I love mountaindog training and have been doing it religiously for coming on two years now - but I've been strongly considering a DC or HIT program post-competition to try and add the size I know I need to be more competitive at the next level

You may want to check into Fortitude Trainings as well. This is a high frequency program with two hypertrophy days and two HIT. The HIT is made up rest/pause sets call muscle rounds.

I've been using this program along with Shelby's nutrition for about six weeks and I'm making nice gains.

You may want to check into Fortitude Trainings as well. This is a high frequency program with two hypertrophy days and two HIT. The HIT is made up rest/pause sets call muscle rounds.

I've been using this program along with Shelby's nutrition for about six weeks and I'm making nice gains.

I really like Scotts Fortitude Training.
And even before switching to that, I loved me some Big Beyond Belief-style high frequency training.

Heavy HIT training has gotten me growing again. I was training with Shelby years ago and got hurt doing it and stopped. I have been repping my ass off to failure and doing well but topped out my program with little to no gains.
By returning to a very simple two working sets per body part I have totally reversed things and am moving the direction I need to to be competitive.

I guess the take away here is "never stop switching it up", keep trying shit until you find that happy spot for (YOUR) body. I'll be riding this horse for a while. :)

CG

These types of workouts are a great way to measure progress; it's difficult when you just use the scale and mirror. Adding weight, reps or resting less between sets gives positive feed back that we are doing something right.

These types of workouts are a great way to measure progress; it's difficult when you just use the scale and mirror. Adding weight, reps or resting less between sets gives positive feed back that we are doing something right.

Ya, your dead on the money with that. Every time I go up either a rep or by adding weight in a set I'm stoked. It ain't fat or water moving it. lol

CG

Ya, your dead on the money with that. Every time I go up either a rep or by adding weight in a set I'm stoked. It ain't fat or water moving it. lol

CG

You do get some strength especially early on just from your motor units becoming more efficient and coordinated, but as time wears on that effect goes away and then its all muscle growth causing the increases. It is a great feeling to be going through what you are and I hope it continues for awhile! After gains start to stop then you can detrain for awhile and hit it again.

CG, do you work up to a heavy set of something like 6-12 reps and then a slightly lighter set for 8-15 reps?

Are there any good tutorial videos are anything explaining and showing how to do fortitude training propley?

I seen bits here and there an it honestly interests me as this high volume training has only gave my about 10lb lbm in the last 3 years, I need to try something eles, but looking at what people write "1 working set" an wat knot I just can't imagine going from 15 sets on chest to 1

An know Jordan peters is like 320lb at 5.5 or something crazy and he swears by it

try negative and static training only with HIT-it works great on cold days when your joints are sore

i know you started really upping the protein as well.... how much weight have you gained so far from when u made the changes?

Recently went back to lower volume and only training 3 days per week m/w/f. Higher volume had me feeling burned out and looking flat. Hoping to actually recover from my training now instead of dragging ass and not making any progress for a while.

i know you started really upping the protein as well.... how much weight have you gained so far from when u made the changes?

About 4 to 5 "real" pounds. But as things are turning out, I'm going to be competing in the Classic BBing and at my height I have to make 192lbs.:eek:

At least I'll be at the top of my weight in class. lol

CG

I got this from one of milos programs. Except, he did the lighter set first. I like your/mine set up better :)

Ya I do also. I also do several warm up sets for each new body part.

I'm actually 3 days on with 1 off and then again just doing the same body parts in the same order with different types of lifts. I'm lovin it at the moment.

CG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity