over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy Leg Presses make my knees ache!

thebigguy84

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
2012 09 28 10 26 56 559 - YouTube
This is what caused my patella tendons to get achy too much damn weight:banghead: This video is from 3 months ago 9-28-12 just forgot to post. I have babied legs since this day except the 455 for 10 reps 2 weeks ago. Been going a lot lighter and a lot more volume.

It looks like you're trying to use more weight than you can handle properly.

It looks like you're trying to use more weight than you can handle properly.

That def was way too much like I said that was 3 months ago I normally would have kept my leg presses in the 20 rep range but I guess I wanted to see how much I could press.Guess my ego was getting too big then.:banghead:

Last edited:
I hear ya. I screwed up my right patellar tendon a couple months back, squatting with my toes turned out a little too much. Fortunately it's all back to normal now.

I hear ya. I screwed up my right patellar tendon a couple months back, squatting with my toes turned out a little too much. Fortunately it's all back to normal now.

I bought Inzer knee sleeves like you recommended to me and I started putting on icy hot bf workout and def helps the knees out alot. Do you squat in socks??? I noticed I have less knee pain and can handle weight better if I do leg workout in just socks Def more stability.

Looks like you are locking your knee's out without getting deep enough!

do you feel it in your quads when you do leg press like that?

Looks like you are locking your knee's out without getting deep enough!

do you feel it in your quads when you do leg press like that?

I don't lock my knees out I guess ya cannot see bc the knee wraps but yes I don't go super deep always been able to develop nice quads without having to do so. But yes ya feel in the quads. LOL Watch a branch warren heavy leg press he has less range of motion than I did. I do notice watching the video my legs should have been a little closer together but too late now haha

I bought Inzer knee sleeves like you recommended to me and I started putting on icy hot bf workout and def helps the knees out alot. Do you squat in socks??? I noticed I have less knee pain and can handle weight better if I do leg workout in just socks Def more stability.

I wear shoes when I squat.

yea too heavy for you brotha .. great to here the adjustments you look solid great traps and back from what I could see what ever your doing its working

yea too heavy for you brotha .. great to here the adjustments you look solid great traps and back from what I could see what ever your doing its working

Shelby works the magic I just do what I am told.;)

i never understood the whole "quarter rep" leg press thing...

i think shelby is MORE than right.....it looks like you wouldnt
be able to do one single FULL rep with that weight...

lessin the load.....and whalaaa

:cool:

i never understood the whole "quarter rep" leg press thing...

i think shelby is MORE than right.....it looks like you wouldnt
be able to do one single FULL rep with that weight...

lessin the load.....and whalaaa

Like I said I usually do less weight and no I don't go super deep on leg presses I normally go parallel and I def go parallel when I do squats. I said it already and agreed def way too much weight.Hell 1/4 reps work wonders on alot of things look at jason huh and watch a branch warren leg press video his rep range is super short and we all know branch has better legs than you tenny lol<<<<< I am just bsing with ya

Go to the 8:20 Second Mark in the video you will see branches reps.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1RHJwI6Wc"]Branch Warren Legs - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
the vid dont lie......

and please dont EVER compare yourself to Branch EVER again...

thank you

I never do less than 20 reps on leg presses and go as high as 40. I put my feet high on the platform with toes pointed slightly out. 5 plates per side is as heavy as I'll go and my knees are fine. I'd bet if you tried higher reps your knee problems would subside.

I never do less than 20 reps on leg presses and go as high as 40. I put my feet high on the platform with toes pointed slightly out. 5 plates per side is as heavy as I'll go and my knees are fine. I'd bet if you tried higher reps your knee problems would subside.

lol....you show your age..

i will never again go over 6 per side..

ill tell you what i do....

ill put on 6 per side, and hit 25..
then wait 10, 15 seconds, and try to hit 25 again
(but no less than 20), then wait 10secs.....and try for 20
again, no less than 15, and so on and so on....until
it takes me 3 or 4 sets to complete 10 (DEEP) reps...

i have not A CLUE wtf this kid is doing, except making himself look foolish

The question you have to ask yourself is, did you build up to that weight really slowly? I used to do full range leg presses with 10 plates a side and then two more pairs on the upper bar and get no knee pain at all when wrapped. I built up to that very slowly though and I never went below 10 reps, full range down to the point where I acutally bruised my ribs a couple of time , guess my thighs coming down on my rib cage must have done it. You have to build up that connective tissue really slowly. Maybe you made a big jump in weight really fast? Sometimes when youre on steroids you have to almost hold back the amount of weight you use because your muscles grow too strong for the connective tissue.

I would lighten up and do a more complete range of motion and no less than 10 reps. that platform is aweful small, maybe your foot placement isn't optimal.

Here is what I always used by nebula: **broken link removed**

Not sure what the point of this post was...already knew what the cause of your problem....no range of motion, a weight you coudnt do one good rep with... knee wraps...(shouldn't need them on leg press of all things) Somewhat rhetorical...

All the ego lifting for leg press...

The way Jason huh does his short reps is completely different than this poster...

Not sure what the point of this post was...already knew what the cause of your problem....no range of motion, a weight you coudnt do one good rep with... knee wraps...(shouldn't need them on leg press of all things) Somewhat rhetorical...

The way Jason huh does his short reps is completely different than this poster...

yes....its completely obvious Branch and Huh, can control the weight.

you can clearly see in the kids vid, he almost loses it a few times.
(because he went too deep)

the weight is just plain TOO heavy for him.....PERIOD!!!

Age has nothing to do with it Tenny.....I'm just weak as fuck! LOL!

I was not saying I was doing leg presses like jason huh I was refering to Tenny about a 1/4 rep bc he said never understood 1/4 rep thing- I think you miss understood that. I did say branch warrens range of motion was no more than what I did yet I proved that. Yes it was a ego move I already admitted that as well lol.

The question you have to ask yourself is, did you build up to that weight really slowly? I used to do full range leg presses with 10 plates a side and then two more pairs on the upper bar and get no knee pain at all when wrapped. I built up to that very slowly though and I never went below 10 reps, full range down to the point where I acutally bruised my ribs a couple of time , guess my thighs coming down on my rib cage must have done it. You have to build up that connective tissue really slowly. Maybe you made a big jump in weight really fast? Sometimes when youre on steroids you have to almost hold back the amount of weight you use because your muscles grow too strong for the connective tissue.

I would lighten up and do a more complete range of motion and no less than 10 reps. that platform is aweful small, maybe your foot placement isn't optimal.

Here is what I always used by nebula: **broken link removed**
I have worked my way up to pretty heavy but was not prepared for that much was quite a bit more than normal weight. like I said this was 3 months ago I learned my lesson. You are right about foot placement and that leg press never felt quite right. I never usually do less than 20 reps on legs. All the sets before hand where around 25 to 30 reps.

Basically was a lesson learned.And btw I have never compared myself to Branch I was just pointing out his Range of motion with super heavy weight.:banghead:

Yes the higher reps are def the only way and that is all I do like I said this one day I decided to try something I could not handle I was working out with a buddy and wanted to see how much we could press and well putting too much weight on the machine was not the best decision bc lead to knee or patella tendon pain. Ya live and ya learn:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws