over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy metal contamination in raws

swim15

Registered
I want to be clear I’m not saying that this is the case with this thread but want to gauge potential.

I’m a relatively new medical school student and was recently diagnosed with mercury toxicity this past week after turning over a lot of other medical stones to no avail.

I have meticulously considered any other way I could have been exposed - I live in a relatively new house, Ive worked in clean medical environments or been in school most of my adult life. No reasonably presumed work exposure, I don’t own anything containing mercury and Ive looked very thoroughly. I’m too young for amalgam fillings although my mom has them so probably some exposure during pregnancy.

My test was via IV challenge (with DPMS and not here to talk the controversy on that test) with a pre and post tests to assess baseline.

I’ve been brewing since I was 19 and on HRT or otherwise for around a decade.

So - only reason to post this is to see if anyone has ever had any similar issues or had any testing done on the raws.

I kind of doubt it would be raws since I think a lot of people would be reporting issues but it’s still the only thing I can reasonably think might be a cause currently.

Looking into getting my current raws tested if anyone has suggestions for labs that would do that.

The only cases of mercury toxicity I've heard with bodybuilders have been tied to their diet - too much fish. Jason Huh had it a few years ago and it basically led him to quit working out. Dominick Cardone just got over it 1-2 months ago.

The only cases of mercury toxicity I've heard with bodybuilders have been tied to their diet - too much fish. Jason Huh had it a few years ago and it basically led him to quit working out. Dominick Cardone just got over it 1-2 months ago.
This is a sad fact about fish and the only reason I don't eat it daily

Check your drinking water. Actually, all your drinks and food consumption. I remember years ago, this guy, Don Hooten (an "evils of steroids" type), cited a study (no reference provided) that 21% of juice coming from China contained impurities, bacterial, mercury, lead, cadmium, etc. Is it possible? Sure. But it's just as possible with any large pharmaceutical. Likewise for OTC supps that hardly ever get scrutiny.

So are you going to go through some form of chelation or what?

Also, Labcore can definitely test for heavy metals and other impurities.

Do you eat sushi? A friend of mine was eating the tuna several times a week. He was so sick at one point he thought he was dying. A friends wife suggested a test for heavy metals, which was bizarre because he didn't work around it and sure enough he came back positive with extremely high levels. They traced it back to the raw tuna in his diet. After many months he started feeling better.

Do you eat sushi? A friend of mine was eating the tuna several times a week. He was so sick at one point he thought he was dying. A friends wife suggested a test for heavy metals, which was bizarre because he didn't work around it and sure enough he came back positive with extremely high levels. They traced it back to the raw tuna in his diet. After many months he started feeling better.

Wow. That’s crazy and so dissappointing. I’m borderline obsessed with Sushi. Arrggg

Thanks for the input guys. I do think it’s unlikely but probably gonna test my raws anyways before I use any more gear.

I do eat sushi but not very often (maybe 1-2x a month and a tad bit more in the summer possibly). Don’t eat much in the way of fish besides sushi, maybe a couple ahi tuna steaks a year.

After reading a lot of the pitfalls of chelation I am going to be starting but I’m going to be using a drug called OSR/emeramide which is an orphan drug but the only one that is fat soluble and Will safely penetrate the blood brain barrier and CNS. This is instead of DMSA or DMPS which I will likely use in very small doses alongside the OSR to prevent a lot of redistribution.

If/when I get raws tested I’ll post up results. Just kind of my own curiosity at this point. I definitely don’t think any contamination would be intentional if there is any, just likely poor QC wherever the stuff is coming from.

Thanks for the input guys. I do think it’s unlikely but probably gonna test my raws anyways before I use any more gear.

I do eat sushi but not very often (maybe 1-2x a month and a tad bit more in the summer possibly). Don’t eat much in the way of fish besides sushi, maybe a couple ahi tuna steaks a year.

After reading a lot of the pitfalls of chelation I am going to be starting but I’m going to be using a drug called OSR/emeramide which is an orphan drug but the only one that is fat soluble and Will safely penetrate the blood brain barrier and CNS. This is instead of DMSA or DMPS which I will likely use in very small doses alongside the OSR to prevent a lot of redistribution.

If/when I get raws tested I’ll post up results. Just kind of my own curiosity at this point. I definitely don’t think any contamination would be intentional if there is any, just likely poor QC wherever the stuff is coming from.
This is doubly concerning to me because I'm halfway to pescatarian as it is. I don't think a day goes by when I don't have something aquatic for at least one or more meals. It's so light and just digests so easily. And not just fish but other seafood like shrimp, clams, mussels, scallops, crab, lobster, squid etc. I eat tons of all that.

If you wouldn't mind, keep us up to date on any treatment and how well it worked.

And definitely post up any/all testing results. Don't name drop until we know all the facts though. Not shielding sponsors, but just so we determine whether it could have been a single batch, prolonged exposure over many years, only one particular compound, etc.

Here's some seafood mercury info I found. Fortunately, most of what I eat is low end mercury but still. And look at canned tuna. Hell, I buy 2 or 3 cases of Bumblebee Albacore at a clip (Amazon) several times per year. During Covid lockdown was even more. I should get tested.

20211024_161605.jpg

We're you having symptoms ? Wondering what brought you to test for heavy metals.

I've had my old amalgam fillings since about 1976. No problems here.

We're you having symptoms ? Wondering what brought you to test for heavy metals.

I've had my old amalgam fillings since about 1976. No problems here.

Yeah my parents both have lots, seems to be a highly individual thing which probably boils down to environment and genetic detox pathways/mutations which I have one or two of.

Long story but my health has deteriorated over several years. Went from competing and training to now not being able to train for the last 2 years and barely able to keep my head in the game with school. Was housebound for several months at one point.

Lots of tests turned up nothing until I finally got a Lyme diagnosis two months ago. After being neck deep in the Lyme world for a while though I realize that almost all cases are rooted in mold or heavy metal toxicity which kicks the immune system over and let’s the Lyme take hold. I had some mild mold exposure which has since been resolved by moving and then I just wanted to check the heavy metals to make sure there wasn’t something hiding - glad I did otherwise I’d probably still be guessing a year from now.

Lyme treatment is going well but felt like there was something holding my immune system back and sky high mercury levels now makes a lot of sense. Hoping 6-12 months of slow chelation will get my immune system back online

As far as test results I’ll let you guys know and won’t be dropping sponsor names unless Ive had multiple tests come back clearly positive and even the I’ll talk to mods first to discuss how to handle that so still quite a ways to go. At this point I’m just guessing too since I could have been exposed other ways and just didn’t know but right now gear makes the most sense.

Ive got test e, tren, superdrol, EQ and some other raws right now along with years worth of stuff already made so I’m working on finding a lab to do the tests.

I have no personal experience here but this holistic doc I was banging always talked about something called Zeolites. Apparently it’s for detoxing the body of heavy metals and works wonders. Again, no personal experience but possibly worth looking into. This chick was bat shit crazy but she was smart too.

This is a sad fact about fish and the only reason I don't eat it daily
Same here. For a few years I ate 3lbs. of shrimp per week with no issues but that's one of the safest seafoods for mercuy.

I really like swordfish and wish I could make it a regular part of my diet but can't justify the amount I'd eat with the potential health risks.

This is doubly concerning to me because I'm halfway to pescatarian as it is. I don't think a day goes by when I don't have something aquatic for at least one or more meals. It's so light and just digests so easily. And not just fish but other seafood like shrimp, clams, mussels, scallops, crab, lobster, squid etc. I eat tons of all that.

If you wouldn't mind, keep us up to date on any treatment and how well it worked.

And definitely post up any/all testing results. Don't name drop until we know all the facts though. Not shielding sponsors, but just so we determine whether it could have been a single batch, prolonged exposure over many years, only one particular compound, etc.

Here's some seafood mercury info I found. Fortunately, most of what I eat is low end mercury but still. And look at canned tuna. Hell, I buy 2 or 3 cases of Bumblebee Albacore at a clip (Amazon) several times per year. During Covid lockdown was even more. I should get tested.

View attachment 147196
Jason Huh got it from Chilean sea bass and Dominick Cardone got it from tuna-based sushi.

I have no personal experience here but this holistic doc I was banging always talked about something called Zeolites. Apparently it’s for detoxing the body of heavy metals and works wonders. Again, no personal experience but possibly worth looking into. This chick was bat shit crazy but she was smart too.
The science on zeolites is mixed but Cardone did say he used it in his recovery.

To give more info on causes, side, effects, etc., here are interviews Dave Palumbo did with Huh and Cardone discussing their mercury toxicity. Really good stuff. I've started both where they talk mercury.

With seafood, I think it is mostly animals high up on the food chain that you have to worry about. So shrimp is ok. As you move up the food chain, the mercury concentration increases more and more. Sharks have a lot and tuna too.

I used to eat a lot of canned tuna, but it was the light tuna that doesnt have as much mercury. Im wondering if my levels got high. I used to have 2 cans for a meal and it wasnt uncommon for me to eat about 8 cans a week or so, maybe more.

"
Similarly, you may ask, which tuna has most mercury?
There are two main kinds of canned tuna: chunk light and solid or chunk white (albacore). All canned white tuna is albacore. Its mercury levels are almost three times higher than the smaller skipjack tuna, used in most canned light tuna products.
"Beside above, which fish has the least mercury? Five of the most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish."

I think that farm raised fish would be very low in mercury. Wild caught out of the ocean having the most.

**broken link removed**

Check your drinking water. Actually, all your drinks and food consumption. I remember years ago, this guy, Don Hooten (an "evils of steroids" type), cited a study (no reference provided) that 21% of juice coming from China contained impurities, bacterial, mercury, lead, cadmium, etc. Is it possible? Sure. But it's just as possible with any large pharmaceutical. Likewise for OTC supps that hardly ever get scrutiny.

So are you going to go through some form of chelation or what?

Also, Labcore can definitely test for heavy metals and other impurities.

Taking a ton of otc supps have jacked up my liver enzymes before

Interesting productive comment. It was a simple question. I’ve seen only one case of something like this and it was someone who was recently vaccinated. It’s clear I hurt your feelings by asking a simple question.
Don't take it personally. Vaccines in multi-dose vials (very few) may contain a preservative thimerosal where the mercurial component is ethylmercury. Ethylmercury is eliminated by the body unlike the poisonous elemental mercury (methylmercury). Thimerosal was entirely removed or almost entirely removed from vaccines 20 years ago in favor of single-use preparations. But regardless, the amount of thimerosal a vaccine contained before even 1998 was so small (~50mcg) that it would take so many vaccinations to be toxic it was not even realistic.

For comparison, a few large servings of orange roughy or swordfish probably contain more mercury (300-400mcg methylmercury) than the combined benign mercury (ethylmercury) in every vaccine you've had or will recieve in your lifetime.

Selenium also binds to mercury rendering it harmless and is abundant In fish. But I have to look into that more. I say this because in countries or cultures where fish and seafood are eaten in abundance, the people have perfectly normal or better life expectancies. Some eat fish almost exclusively aside from fruits or vegetables. Why aren't they sick with PCB and mercurial poisoning? Not to mention, doesn't mercury fall on plants or seep into groundwater? To say nothing of the fact that we eat primarily the muscle of the fish or animal. The mercury in my body is in my liver, kidneys, brain, CNS, not in my muscles. So regarding seafood, I'm not quite sold on the poisonous fishies thing yet.

Taking a ton of otc supps have jacked up my liver enzymes before
I could easily see that. Although I know some good people that would never stand for toxins in their supplements, the OTC space certainly has had its share of unscrupulous individuals.

A graphic of interest regarding selenium and methylmercury in fish:

Mercury-and-selenium.png

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member