over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy Metals

pickapeck

Registered
Anyone get their levels tested for heavy metals? Sicne most here are using UGL stuff made from Chinese powders I'm wondering how our levels are. Would be interested in knowing. You can get a test done for about $250. Probably I will do when I get my bloods done in another 8 weeks or so.

I got the test done. They said I have a lot of Slayer and Pantera in my blood. :headbang:

Also worth testing for if you consume a lot of fish. Though Jason Huh retired from competition years ago, he had to stop working out last year due to mercury poisoning from too much chilean sea bass.

Only thing I have ever confirmed to contain heavy metals in quantity that could possibly pose thread was DNP.

But you'd have to do it lil' slice style.

Careful. Each of these supplements you listed inhibit the benefits of exercise.

Im certainly still getting the benefits... And my health is of more concern than whatever minute excercise benefit people may get from avoiding antioxidants

Im certainly still getting the benefits... And my health is of more concern than whatever minute excercise benefit people may get from avoiding antioxidants

What I'm saying is based on the research, certain antioxidants (like vit c, e, nac, and resveratrol) may do more harm than good for someone who regularly exercises. There are a lot of variables at play. I wouldn't use those particular supplements unless there was a good medical reason. I don't see how they would remove metals from the body. Some sort of chelation therapy may be a better way if one was really dealing with a lot of heavy metal contamination.

Not sure how any of these would help in heavy metal poisoning. The treatment is chelators.

**broken link removed**

ALA is a chelator. It and NAC increase gluatatathione production. The cysteine in NAC is a mercury carrier...

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

ALA is a chelator. It and NAC increase gluatatathione production. The cysteine in NAC is a mercury carrier...

Ah OK sulfhydryls. Makes sense.

Article about chelation, not sure how accurate it is. Interesting stuff. Mentions the blood brain barrier and how youll need something that can cross that once you are ready to clean that out.

**broken link removed**

Article about chelation, not sure how accurate it is. Interesting stuff. Mentions the blood brain barrier and how youll need something that can cross that once you are ready to clean that out.

**broken link removed**

It does recommend NAC and ALA BUT "DMSA and the Brain
DMSA can NOT get metals out in your brain without some help from another supplement. The brain has what is called the ‘blood brain barrier‘. This barrier stops DMSA from entering your brain, You can however take ALA (alpha lipoic acid) at the same time you take DMSA and then DMSA WILL get into your brain. When in the brain the heavy metals will bind to the DMSA and be chelated from your body." looks wrong to me as I haven't seen anything to indicate that ALA helps OTHER supplements crosss the blood brain barrier with it? The chelation in the brain is from the ALA itself... I'm welcome to read anything showing otherwise

Detox is always a good idea. I do not do it all the time but I do try to detox maore often than I did in the past maybe 2 times per year for one month each. I feel like shit the first week or so but then I start to feel very good and clearer if that makes sense. I do stomach health, and liver detox, and then a blood cleaner. I do the stomach health and detox liver at the same time. Then a few months later clean the blood. It has never hurt my workout goals. It has actually helped my body process my food more efficiently, and a healthy liver helps your body fight off fat. So that is always good.

It does recommend NAC and ALA BUT "DMSA and the Brain
DMSA can NOT get metals out in your brain without some help from another supplement. The brain has what is called the ‘blood brain barrier‘. This barrier stops DMSA from entering your brain, You can however take ALA (alpha lipoic acid) at the same time you take DMSA and then DMSA WILL get into your brain. When in the brain the heavy metals will bind to the DMSA and be chelated from your body." looks wrong to me as I haven't seen anything to indicate that ALA helps OTHER supplements crosss the blood brain barrier with it? The chelation in the brain is from the ALA itself... I'm welcome to read anything showing otherwise

ALA sounds like it can be dangerous if you take too much at once, see redistribution. The Surprising Connection Between Alpha Lipoic Acid And Heavy Metal Detox | Take Back Your Health with Robin Shirley

Article even says not to take it if you have amalgam fillings. I have 4 of those. They don't seem to use them anymore, shame if you ask me because they last so long.

Site selling it talks about using it along with DMSA. Use DMSA alone for awhile to get your heavy metal stores down some before taking the ALA. Makes sense.

I think Ill just hold onto my heavy metals.

Yes her video actually pointed me to the fact that ALA was a chelator. I believe consistent dosing and the use of other carriers (such as cysteine) to help bring the metals to the liver can prevent redistribution

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws