over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heavy negatives with no spotters

the problem is that youll only be able to do singles.

my college strength and conditioning coach programmed squat negatives into our training a couple times. I think it was like 20% above our 3RM. But we had a spotter behind us and one on each side. Slow negative down, all 3 spotters bring us up. Did something like 3 to 5 reps.

Seems impossible to do without spotters.

Would love a solution but then what....take weight off and reset it?

I keep to myself in the gym but if someone asked me I would definitely help, need two guys though.

Yes it would be for singles only but 5 slow controled singles with more weight than you have ever felt in your hands should be pretty effective

Would love a solution but then what....take weight off and reset it?

I keep to myself in the gym but if someone asked me I would definitely help, need two guys though.
Pretty much. Spotter arms can also allow you to do Anderson squats and dead-stop good mornings, which I’ve always found exceptionally effective. Same for pin presses as well. Taking the stretch reflex out can be a very effective accessory or even main lift. Shouldn’t use it all the time though.

This reminded me of a guy back in college who couldn't grow some kept doing more and more. One day he's benching and has 315 on the bar which I thought was strange since I doubted he could bench it but figured he was maxining.........so I help him lift it out, he lowers it to his chest and begins the press......makes it a couple inches and it stalls so I help him to the top, he then yells out he's getting 10 reps so let go........I said "Fuck you" and pulled the bar onto the rack as I had no intention, nor did I think I'd be able to upright row 315 nine more times.......lol

This reminded me of a guy back in college who couldn't grow some kept doing more and more. One day he's benching and has 315 on the bar which I thought was strange since I doubted he could bench it but figured he was maxining.........so I help him lift it out, he lowers it to his chest and begins the press......makes it a couple inches and it stalls so I help him to the top, he then yells out he's getting 10 reps so let go........I said "Fuck you" and pulled the bar onto the rack as I had no intention, nor did I think I'd be able to upright row 315 nine more times.......lol

Yep, it is like they select the weight based on how big their spotter is, lol.

Worst part is that you spot the douche once and you are immediately his forever-friend. So you start working out at different times, but he figures that out too, lol.

Worst part is that you spot the douche once and you are immediately his forever-friend. So you start working out at different times, but he figures that out too, lol.
Rookie mistake. You gotta change gyms lol.

Hahha fucking truth right here

the problem is that youll only be able to do singles.

my college strength and conditioning coach programmed squat negatives into our training a couple times. I think it was like 20% above our 3RM. But we had a spotter behind us and one on each side. Slow negative down, all 3 spotters bring us up. Did something like 3 to 5 reps.

Seems impossible to do without spotters.
Why is that bro, why wouldn't spotter bars work if by yourself

sounds like a great way to tear the pecs

Because you'd have to unrack the entire thing AND you'd only be able to do singles.

Say you squat low 500's. You'd put 570 or whatever on the bar, unrack it and slowly lower it down. Then you're screwed.
You can only do a single. And then you'll have to pull all the weight off in order to lift the bar back up and rack it.

Why is that bro, why wouldn't spotter bars work if by yourself

Because you'd have to unrack the entire thing AND you'd only be able to do singles.

Say you squat low 500's. You'd put 570 or whatever on the bar, unrack it and slowly lower it down. Then you're screwed.
You can only do a single. And then you'll have to pull all the weight off in order to lift the bar back up and rack it.
Or get it down to 315 by taking off plates and then squat it back up. Tough to start off on the bottom like that and I'd not recommend it.

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Ironman/AccentuateNeg.PDF

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Ironman/LessBump.PDF

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Ironman/Facts.PDF

http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Ironman/BestExercise.PDF

Arthur Jones has done more research into the effects of 'negative' exercise than everybody
else in the world combined.

And you are absolutely correct. The hardest part is getting training partners and getting
the weight into position for the next rep.

What you are talking about, I think, is 1 rep with a bunch of rest between sets or you could
be attempting just one rep.

Regardless, these are good articles I think.

Hope this helps,
Ron

just get stronger at the concentric portion of the lift and your eccentric portion will get heavier and you can get all the "negatives" in you want - while still moving the fucking barbell like an independent and capable entity.

Don't box yourself into a hole that you need 3 other fucking people to squat lmao

As a strength trainer though I might try and incorporate this. I train alone in my garage.

"Spot yourself" by lifting with both limbs and lowering unilaterally. This will work with most any bilateral machine (left and right sides coupled together) where you've got a safety stop in place and can do so without risk of getting caught / injured by the machine:

Leg presses, calf pressing, most knee and ham curl machines, many chest and OH presses.

You can self assist on DB concentration curls, a unilateral cable tri extension, may preacher curl and triceps extension machines, etc.

-S

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity