over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help, 6 days a week training

cashrolling

Registered
Yes, i have a lot of time on my hands, im bored and need to workout 6 days a week to pass my time! Im used to 3-4 x a week, i will be doing push-pull-legs and repeat. Im used to go all out every time and then rest the next day. My main concern is not to over tax my cns, as i love training very intense i know im gonna have to hold back. Any idea on sets,reps, failure or not, ecc.........is well accepted.

Compound lifts impact the cns. Limit to twice a week or even every 5 days

Yes, i have a lot of time on my hands, im bored and need to workout 6 days a week to pass my time! Im used to 3-4 x a week, i will be doing push-pull-legs and repeat. Im used to go all out every time and then rest the next day. My main concern is not to over tax my cns, as i love training very intense i know im gonna have to hold back. Any idea on sets,reps, failure or not, ecc.........is well accepted.

I just read an article from a popular pro right now who claimed no such thing as overtraining. I call complete BS!!!! Especially for the average person with a job,,,life,,,and other things responsible. Cut back on the frequency and try upping the intensity while you are training.

fitnesskatz

check out john davies,,,ive been to several his seminars for my continuing education hours he has books, articles, you name it he use to do alot with usp labs,,,i just mention him cuz he teaches old school, push, pull, press, squat,,,look up renegade training

If you have the free time, hit it hard.
Body becomes its function.
Sure train 6 days a week. All those amazing physiques from the 60-80s were built on constant marathon training.
Who cares if you overtrain for a bit? Then when you cut it back you will burst forward.
Didn't Phil's program work up to 3x a day 6x a week Bulgarian Burst training?
When I have gone very high volume and frequency in the past, I kind of hit a wall at the end of week 2 going into week 3, then in week 4 - 6 my strength shot up.
Give it a shot and see how you respond.

Reactions: cal
I just read an article from a popular pro right now who claimed no such thing as overtraining. I call complete BS!!!! Especially for the average person with a job,,,life,,,and other things responsible. Cut back on the frequency and try upping the intensity while you are training.

This top me is very dependant on lifestyle and gear usage. Working 12 hour shifts and being quite busy with my son on days off I have to be a little careful of to much Leg work and dead lifting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Do it! I've just started doing this (again) recently because I'm just sick of years now of stagnating-ass cardio with questionable results. I'd rather spend that other hour lifting.

Yeah, you might have to hold back on the drop sets and shit, but so what? Do another perfect set instead!

But what's been key for me, is this: Stopping when the reps on whatever exercise are no longer perfect. More light sets working up in weight, squeezing perfect form, and then heavier sets are fine. But stop when that lest rep loses form. Then do another perfect set.

This (for me) = less CNS stress, more direct muscle stress. And WAY better overall feeling on a daily basis.

Will I get massive this way? I guess, if I take more drugs and eat more. But Im happy feeling and looking good. Not taking two weeks to recover from a Leg day or even regressing in strength from a beat-up CNS.

I look better for doing this and most of all, I FEEL better, like the hormones are doing what they should. Sleep better, wake up hungry and horny, clear headed. Like you'd imagine bodybuilding SHOULD make you feel. ;)

I agree with u. I have time for napping every day and a 9 hr sleep every night. Im gonna try not to kill myself every set, i will indeed do perfect form to the point it cant be perfect do more and focus a lot on feeling. I also hate cardio, so im gonna use volume to stay lean just by lifting weights. Traini.g this way i would think doing something like this:
Do 3 exercise for 4 sets each on big muscle groups, while 2 exercicses at 4 set each on smaller ones. Those are working sets after a good warm up. Keeping reps between 12 and 8.

Do it! I've just started doing this (again) recently because I'm just sick of years now of stagnating-ass cardio with questionable results. I'd rather spend that other hour lifting.

Yeah, you might have to hold back on the drop sets and shit, but so what? Do another perfect set instead!

But what's been key for me, is this: Stopping when the reps on whatever exercise are no longer perfect. More light sets working up in weight, squeezing perfect form, and then heavier sets are fine. But stop when that lest rep loses form. Then do another perfect set.

This (for me) = less CNS stress, more direct muscle stress. And WAY better overall feeling on a daily basis.

Will I get massive this way? I guess, if I take more drugs and eat more. But Im happy feeling and looking good. Not taking two weeks to recover from a Leg day or even regressing in strength from a beat-up CNS.

I look better for doing this and most of all, I FEEL better, like the hormones are doing what they should. Sleep better, wake up hungry and horny, clear headed. Like you'd imagine bodybuilding SHOULD make you feel. ;)

I've recently switched to a push/pull/legs style where I go 3 days on 1 day off and then repeat.

I keep the weights light (relatively of course) and focus on the negatives, feel, squeeze, and pump etc. but the reason I started this way is I wanted to give my joints a break for a month or so(depending on how they feel).

So far I haven't noticed any difference in muscle growth or my look but I feel better! And the scale is moving up at around the same pace as it was before.

Overall, its working for me. But I also have an easy desk job and sleep plenty and take naps when I can

Emeric said he trained 6 days a week 2 times a day at at ages 40-50. So there u go.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws