over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help a new guy out

drewstevens

Newbies
I'm trying to get in shape as well as gain some mass. I can't say that I've struggled with weight but I had a ton of baby fat until 3 years ago when I hit a huge growth spurt gaining almost 6 inches over the summer. I am now 6'5 183.2 pounds. I'm not fat but I'm not thin and tinge only defined muscles I have are in my arms and that's after a workout. I have been using MusclePharm combat protein powder and their pre workout. At the gym I'm normally doing the workouts on the machines as well as some of the workouts I've been looking up online and trying the workouts some of the bigger guys at the gym are doing (with less weight of course). I have been doing 1 day upper body 1 day core and 1 day legs then repeat. So I guess my question is do I have a good start? I have pretty big legs already I've played soccer since I was 5 or so until the last couple of years and I'm 18 now. I should probably also include that I've had some back issues and I know I need to strengthen my back basically I grew to fast and my joints locked up causing my muscles to work harder than they're used to. Any tips to help me get a good start? I've included a couple pictures of the gym I go to also. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420412718.385438.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420412735.734014.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420412745.251728.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420412766.068304.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420412826.651988.jpg

I'm trying to get in shape as well as gain some mass. I can't say that I've struggled with weight but I had a ton of baby fat until 3 years ago when I hit a huge growth spurt gaining almost 6 inches over the summer. I am now 6'5 183.2 pounds. I'm not fat but I'm not thin and tinge only defined muscles I have are in my arms and that's after a workout. I have been using MusclePharm combat protein powder and their pre workout. At the gym I'm normally doing the workouts on the machines as well as some of the workouts I've been looking up online and trying the workouts some of the bigger guys at the gym are doing (with less weight of course). I have been doing 1 day upper body 1 day core and 1 day legs then repeat. So I guess my question is do I have a good start? I have pretty big legs already I've played soccer since I was 5 or so until the last couple of years and I'm 18 now. I should probably also include that I've had some back issues and I know I need to strengthen my back basically I grew to fast and my joints locked up causing my muscles to work harder than they're used to. Any tips to help me get a good start? I've included a couple pictures of the gym I go to also. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it!View attachment 74668View attachment 74669View attachment 74670View attachment 74671View attachment 74672

I'm sure there are some guys on here that can point you in the right direction. I wish I started lifting at 18. A big tool you have at your disposal now is the internet. I would start with full body workouts and basic workouts. Don't focus on how much weight but your form. I'd read up as much as I could about dieting. Your diet should be top priority if your looking for muscle growth. Without proper rest and diet you'll get no where. And when it comes to supplements, don't believe everything you read on the label. Do your homework. There is a vast amount of info out there. You'll get there, you just have to put the work in. It's not a sprint, but a marathon. Oh and don't leave out proper stretching and core work. Not only are those things important but they helped my back out tremendously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you really are a total newbie at this, I'd start with full body workouts three days per week.

One exercise and one set each. Then go to two sets per exercise, then three etc.

When the workouts start getting too long, then consider a split.

The one thing I wish I would have done was hire a coach and learn everything you can about nutrition. Proper from is more important than weight on the bar.

I would find someone to teach you how to squat, dead lift, and press. That should be the foundation you build everything else on.

for "starters" every other day is a proficient scheduling, Diet, and nutrient timing is key!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws