over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help Advice with diet please

Musclechick

Newbies
Ok I have had enough of the off season bulking diet I want to get lean. Tried the carb cycling, keto, high protein low carb even no eating!

Want to compete later this year but would like to slowly start losing before beginning contest diet in July.

Any help suggestions would be most appreciated.

MC

Musclechick

Could give us a status on "where you are now (body-wise)" and "what you're eating" then we can critique away!

xcel

Diet:

Breakfast
1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 scoops of protein powder and small pottle of low fat yoghurt.

Morning Tea
Protein shake with flaxseed oil (no milk) or protein bar

Lunch
Chicken, Tuna, Fish or Egg Whites
1 1/2 cups of Salad or Vegetables or small potato or 1/2 cup of rice

Afternoon Tea
Apple

Dinner
Chicken, Tuna, Fish, Lean Red Meat or Egg Whites
1 1/2 cups of Salad or Vegetables

Trying to eat as clean as possible. My only concern with this is that I might not be eating enough. Also trying to drink at least 3 litres of water per day.

Not sure of bf% I am 5.8 and about 154 pounds ideally would like to be sitting around 132 and I think thats pretty realistic. Last time I competed was two years ago at 110.

Since you're far enough out, try this.

I'm a strong proponent of "no dairy" for pre-contest. While it's a ways off, I believe that you'll benefit more by dropping ALL dairy now (it not the fat or lack of it, it's the lactose-milk sugar). I've always been told this but always had to keep a little skim milk in the program.

Since I've been off all dairy, my skin's MUCH thinner (I have real thick skin and am not vascular at all) and vascularity is coming out. And I'm 8 weeks out as of today - but I quit the dairy back in the summer. H*ll, I'm even starting to see a split in my biceps - probably just staring too hard at myself - LOL

So - replace the yogurt with egg whites.

I'd add a protein drink for mid afternoon instead of apple. I like to use milled flax instead of oil as it gives you much needed fiber.

A "protein" snack in evening probably won't hurt.

xcel

bump on what xcel said , and also maybe add in a few more cardio sessions . what works for me is 2 cardio sessions a day with no carbs in the evening at all .

Ok guys I will weigh myself tomorrow put your suggestions into place and then report back. I say a good month and I should notice some changes. Fingers crossed! Using no fat burners at the moment so hitting it hard.

well , its ur decision but fat burners go a long way in supressing ur appetite and increasing ur over all metabolic rate , so its an invaluable addition .

Found someone who can supply me with some good ones. So they are now on the list also.

That diet is your current cutting diet? What's the nutrient breakdown of your Protein powder? You plan to do a show in July, right? IMO you are not eating enough. The closer you get you can start dropping foods. I'm also a little concerned about your carb intake. Where are they? The only carbs your getting is in the oatmeal and potato or rice so that's roughly 50-75g for the day. Most veggies only have trace carbs because of the dietary fiber. You really only have 3 meals. I know we are all different but I would starve on that diet:D How many cals did you eat while bulking? At 154lbs you need @ least 1848kcals to maintain that weight. That is computed for a sedentary person not someone that works out. So just sitting on a couch all day you would need to eat almost 2000 calories.;)

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner