advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help-Anyone work in Construction(Trade) Field?

Alexender

Registered
Help-Anyone work in Construction(Trade) Field?

I got a question.

... what's the question?

OK.

What would you guys say is the LESS STRENUOUS(More easy physically), Field in the construction(Trade) Field?

Between HVAC, Plumber, Painter , Electrician?

You want to choose a less physically demanding trade so it doesn’t hamper your workouts?

Yep that’s a bodybuilder alright [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to choose a less physically demanding trade so it doesn’t hamper your workouts?

Yep that’s a bodybuilder alright [emoji846]

Some people have said that commercial painting is the easiest.

Electrician also.

They said to not go for brick laying, hardest.

Just trying to figure out if someone work in construction here, I think concreter does.

Some people have said that commercial painting is the easiest.

Electrician also.

They said to not go for brick laying, hardest.

Just trying to figure out if someone work in construction here, I think concreter does.

That’s the guy id ask.

But he’s also a 50 yo kryptonian who drinks, smokes, and takes steroids; stays shredded year round too lol

Might not be the reference point for a normal person

I'm an electrician, it is one of the hardest trades if you actually work, rather than jerking around and getting paid. It's by far the most climbing up ladders vs other trades, I average 12 miles per day. I work with 2 guys who needed knee replacement after 12-15 years on the job. Alot of our material is very heavy and cumbersome to carry. But what will get to you the most is the risk of live electricity, and how many times you have to work with it because of time constraints. So when you're talking 480 volts or more, if you get shocked you're dead, or best case never to have the same usage of your limbs. So yea it's a great field.

I did floor covering for 28 years. Don't go that route.

HVAC is not good. Especially if doing residential. Pretty nasty up in those attics in the summer.

If you are looking to not exhaust yourself with your job in order to save your energy, etc. for the gym, I recommend not getting into construction period.

Electrician hands down. Also the most in DEMAND by FAAAAR.

Hvac is not 'easy' unless you get a gig where you're testing flow rates and not doing actually preventative maintenance or removal and replacement.

High voltage electrician is what i recommend to ANYONE that doesnt have a career or getting out of high school. You'll be 20-21 years old taking in 70k minimum.

Hvac is not 'easy' unless you get a gig where you're testing flow rates and not doing actually preventative maintenance or removal and replacement.

High voltage electrician is what i recommend to ANYONE that doesnt have a career or getting out of high school. You'll be 20-21 years old taking in 70k minimum.
If you're talking a high voltage lineman, then yes, 70k would be realistic. But an average commercial/residential electrician is making about 40-50k

OK.

What would you guys say is the LESS STRENUOUS(More easy physically), Field in the construction(Trade) Field?

Between HVAC, Plumber, Painter , Electrician?
All of the above you will be climbing ladders. 1-Electrician will pay the most.
2-Hvac unless it you're own company no go.
3-Plumbing is ok but don't expect to make much money again unless it you're own company.
4-painting is the easiest out of all of them but the same. Don't expect to get paid really good unless it's your business.

I've done all that you mentioned. But I ended up staying as a window installer. Not my own company. But as a contractor. Done it for over 25 years no helpers. Me alone claiming ladders with impact windows on one hand and holding on to the ladder with the other. Wearing a tool belt with drill, tapcon, caulking gun and more. Talk about being exhausted? But I still go home at the end of the day showered and hit the gym. And hit it hard. I competed at that time too. So no easy going in the gym or diet. That work was hard but paid very well. I got big and strong. But comes with a price. Now at 47 years old. I have 3 hurniated disc and lots of back pain constantly.I get nerve block surgery every 7 to 8 months. I don't do that work anymore. But I still hit the gym hard and I'm a big and shredded mofo [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Painter. General contractor/owner of company for 25 years. Been retired since 2014 but if I wanted to work any of the trades and not kill my self I’d paint. Or be the BOSS

I've been a electrician for 12 years now , it can be very physically demanding depending what field of the trade your in.
Service electrician you can be digging trenches one day , climbing around attics running wire or removing knob and tube , digging up light post embedded in concrete , digging more trenches to run underground wire/conduit for outdoor lighting or doing roof top units on a roof when it is 95° out and the sun is blazing.
Most of those tasks are given to the apprentice or helper but you can't always rely on them. You can also use machinery for some tasks but again that's not always a given.
There is also industrial, commercial, residential and high voltage electrician ,they all have some moderate physical labor.
I can get a job anywhere being a electrician.
Just saw a article about young people not wanting to get into trades. More money and work for me [emoji14]
Like others mentioned painter would probably be the easiest. I personally despise painting.

If you wanted a very high paying trade I would try for the elevator union. It's hard to get into but they make a shit ton of money and it can be physically demanding if your in the construction field, personally I would opt for the service side. Less physical labor.

All trade will have some physical labor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've been a electrician for 12 years now , it can be very physically demanding depending what field of the trade your in.
Service electrician you can be digging trenches one day , climbing around attics running wire or removing knob and tube , digging up light post embedded in concrete , digging more trenches to run underground wire/conduit for outdoor lighting or doing roof top units on a roof when it is 95° out and the sun is blazing.
Most of those tasks are given to the apprentice or helper but you can't always rely on them. You can also use machinery for some tasks but again that's not always a given.
There is also industrial, commercial, residential and high voltage electrician ,they all have some moderate physical labor.
I can get a job anywhere being a electrician.
Just saw a article about young people not wanting to get into trades. More money and work for me [emoji14]
Like others mentioned painter would probably be the easiest. I personally despise painting.

If you wanted a very high paying trade I would try for the elevator union. It's hard to get into but they make a shit ton of money and it can be physically demanding if your in the construction field, personally I would opt for the service side. Less physical labor.

All trade will have some physical labor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

+1 on the elevator union. My cousin is in the Bay area in California and his pay just went up to $88/hr. With overtime, he can make 200k a year. It's physically demanding and dangerous work, but he doesn't mind it for that kind of money. He keeps trying to get me to get in on it, but I'm pretty sure I'd hate it.

Painter. General contractor/owner of company for 25 years. Been retired since 2014 but if I wanted to work any of the trades and not kill my self I’d paint. Or be the BOSS

This, I own my own General Contracting business too. I don't do any physical work, but let others do the job for me. I am just basically a manager.

Dont even think about Drywall lol. 20 yrs was enough for me. Before the housing bubble I made killer but those days are gone. Good riddance I say.

All of the above you will be climbing ladders. 1-Electrician will pay the most.
2-Hvac unless it you're own company no go.
3-Plumbing is ok but don't expect to make much money again unless it you're own company.
4-painting is the easiest out of all of them but the same. Don't expect to get paid really good unless it's your business.

I've done all that you mentioned. But I ended up staying as a window installer. Not my own company. But as a contractor. Done it for over 25 years no helpers. Me alone claiming ladders with impact windows on one hand and holding on to the ladder with the other. Wearing a tool belt with drill, tapcon, caulking gun and more. Talk about being exhausted? But I still go home at the end of the day showered and hit the gym. And hit it hard. I competed at that time too. So no easy going in the gym or diet. That work was hard but paid very well. I got big and strong. But comes with a price. Now at 47 years old. I have 3 hurniated disc and lots of back pain constantly.I get nerve block surgery every 7 to 8 months. I don't do that work anymore. But I still hit the gym hard and I'm a big and shredded mofo [emoji16]

I assume you are piece work? So get done at a different time every day?
That's how I was when I was doing the floor covering so I started training at 4 AM.

Thankfully I live in Vegas and the gyms are all open at that time.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Dont even think about Drywall lol. 20 yrs was enough for me. Before the housing bubble I made killer but those days are gone. Good riddance I say.

That is some tough work isn't it!? All the new homes around here seem to be built by Hispanics, probably Mexican or Central America. Same with roofing.

I assume you are piece work? So get done at a different time every day?
That's how I was when I was doing the floor covering so I started training at 4 AM.

Thankfully I live in Vegas and the gyms are all open at that time.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
Yes sir. Piece work. But I always finish early. I was a work horse. I start a house at 9am and by 2:30 or so I was done. And that was on a 2 story house. Roughly around 30 sum windows and about 3 French doors or sliding doors. When I did the small houses it was about 12 windows and 1 sliding door. I finish those by 12 pm. But also it was new houses. Meaning the openings where already bucked. I just had to caulk install and caulk the outside. I never did retrofit. I hated it. Did a few but that's about it.

Go for who gets paid the most! Or who has the better union! I would say the electricians have a great union especially here in SF. Plumbers get paid really well tho too!

Or join me as a Safety Professional, I get paid well and I don’t do any labor.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear