over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HELP!! Contest Prep Snacks

jay_steel

Registered
I am doing about all my prep my self with no help, due to wanting to come in to the show with no one knowing I was competing, but I have never done a prep before.

I am 11 weeks out right now and sitting at 196 @ 9%bf and need to get to 176. That should not be an issue at all with the way things are going and looking. I have no problems with my diet it is spot on, but extremely strict.

I don't snack that is the problem that is driving me nuts and do not want to snack unless it will benefit me. So I was curious of times of day I could snack and whats the latest you would.

Meals are broken down as showen.

0730 cup of egg whites, two slices of ezekiel bread, and two cuties (those lil oranges), and avocado
1000 protein shack 60grams
1230 chicken breast and cup of brown rice and a tbl spoon of olive oil
1530 protein shack 40 grams
1720 half a chicken breast half cup of brown rice (pre workout)
1930 dinner changes each day, but lean protein from either pork tenderloi, chicken, steak, or fish, veggies are spinich, broccoli, asperagus, brussel sprouts, and thats it i think No carbs at dinner
before bet 60 grams of protein

What other good foods can i fit in and still achieve 4% bf and have no issues.. I am taking this pretty strict because its my first cut and i dont want to come in over. I am holding my size GREAT... went from 207 and now 196 and actually looking larger.

Snacks I was thinking about that I love is carrots and humus.

If you have any more ideas please let me know and adjustments to my diet as well. This is my first show ever and first cut so please dont tell me I dont know what the hell I am doing because honestly i don't lol. Just looking for legit help so any negative or bad posts please keep this clean and informative. I am hear to learn...

Ive never realy had "snacks" in a contest prep , Being 7 weeks out and needing drop 20 pounds means you are WAY behind and would seem to me that a pretty radical diet would be called for pretty much cutting your carbs out and only having them on carb up days.
I'd look into a palumbo style diet RIGHT NOW

I hate to see sombody say they need to make a certain weight so far out , dropping weight in a contest prep is not directly coerelated with fat loss , I generaly steadly taper my dose up during contest prep so as not to lose to much weight but drop more fat reatining even adding some muscle.

post up a current pic and see where you are , youcan drop 20 pounds in 7 weeks but its gonna suck and you are gonna likely lose some muscle

ill post up a pic this weekend. between work and the gym and prepping food i have no time right now. So this sat. I'll snap some shot.

Also would it be worth it to throw in hgh into it? I plan on running it at 4iu's. Can't afford much more than that.

post this in either the open board or the beginner section, it will get more views and responses to help you faster.

hmmm that freakn crazy odd bro, Im doing the same, comming into a show with all my own work and guess what its APRIL6, let me find out were competing at the same one lol... good luck bro as i am doing the same so any knowledge is good knowledge..

One glaring correction that jumps out is the large gap between 1230 and 530 meals. You need to add a meal at 3pm. this will speed up metabolism and help lose more weight.

I would get the snacking out of your head now. If you want to be your best, NO SNACKING. thats for bikini competitors who cant do what we do

good luck bro

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420