over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help getting off stims : ideas?

by and large therapists are like mental prostitutes, on top of that they basically make money from the suffering of others. it behoves them that our society function on these sort of myths.

what i say comes from a loving place with lots of experiecne behind it.
playing it safe would be not taking a totally unneccassary and boring drug every day for 20 years in the first place.

from most perspectives i abuse every substance and activity known to man and i know 100% that in the times when i am weak and continune doing things that are not in my best interest when i want to stop, that it is purely due to my own choice to be weakness in that moment, choosing not to stop.

when you want to do something you do. its basically just that simple.
You're missing my point too lol. I am not debating the role of therapists or whether addiction is a "disease", etc. All I am saying is not every addiction/dependance/whatever you want to call it, can be quit cold turkey whether you "want to do it" or have the will power or what have you.

Quitting cold turkey and having that will power to be done with it is great except in some cases physiologically the body cant handle it and you can have severe health consequences beyond just feeling shitty for a while... like dying. Thus it is better to go slow and use whatever support you want (therapist/meditation/yoga/read/etc) to stay the long course to not only quit your substance but make it through the process with no health consequences.

OP won't die from cold turkey quitting stimulants. He will possibly feel very very shitty for a while. Maybe if he goes cold turkey that shitty feeling will make him question his resolve. Maybe not. Why make it harder to do than necessary if there is another way though? And by that I mean tapering off 20+ years of use.

My cautions about the risks of quitting a substance/addiction/dependence withdrawal are more broad as many people don't know there is a difference in substances and some are more dangerous to stop than others. That's all I am saying.

You're missing my point too lol. I am not debating the role of therapists or whether addiction is a "disease", etc. All I am saying is not every addiction/dependance/whatever you want to call it, can be quit cold turkey whether you "want to do it" or have the will power or what have you.

Quitting cold turkey and having that will power to be done with it is great except in some cases physiologically the body cant handle it and you can have severe health consequences beyond just feeling shitty for a while... like dying. Thus it is better to go slow and use whatever support you want (therapist/meditation/yoga/read/etc) to stay the long course to not only quit your substance but make it through the process with no health consequences.

OP won't die from cold turkey quitting stimulants. He will possibly feel very very shitty for a while. Maybe if he goes cold turkey that shitty feeling will make him question his resolve. Maybe not. Why make it harder to do than necessary if there is another way though? And by that I mean tapering off 20+ years of use.

My cautions about the risks of quitting a substance/addiction/dependence withdrawal are more broad as many people don't know there is a difference in substances and some are more dangerous to stop than others. That's all I am saying.

this was a thread about 25mg of dmaa ed, not a 20 year habit of liter of jack ed. pretty different creatures. wasnt a thread about 20 years of benzos either. idk whachu talkin bout willis.

this is form the perspective of someone who has used tobacco for 30 years, alcahol 30 years, coke 20+ years, oppiates (though moderation 20+ years ) aas 20+ years etc, etc, etc. im not talking about something i read.

“Just stop”. Wow why haven’t addicts or therapists or physicians thought of this approach before?!

Or maybe drugs effect everyone differently. I’d have thought of all places PM would have a good understanding of that. What’s low to others may not be low to him. Besides, whatever dose is on it’s been 20 to 25 years. There’s some level of dependence after two decades of use. God forbid someone asks for help and plays it safe…
You're right, probably shouldn't have voiced my opinion here 😉

switching one drug for another can make it easier for sure. but in this case like you point out its a small dose of very ehh substance- purely mental. stims are shitty for working out anyways.
Exactly mate 👍

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner