over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help - Injection Site is Swollen

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK - this has never happened "to me" before. Here's what happened: If you read the recent calf injection post I "struck-out" 3 times :( I had removed all the blood (a tiny bit always remains stuck on the "plastic part" of a pin) from pin. I double the amount in pin then injected what amounts to 75mg Tren and 50mg Winny into my left quad.

Almost immediately, it started swelling at the injection site. It grew in size about the amount you can cup in you hand - slightly smaller. This was yesterday morning. By evening, it was causing me a major anxiety attack (worried shitless about getting an abcess).

Now the site is only "very slightly" warm to the touch. There's no redness, then or today. And - it doesn't hurt, just a huge knot. I did ice it for a loooong time.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?!?

thnx
xcel

Last edited:
Maybe this will make ya feel better, maybe not. I get the same things on my ass every once in a while. It used to worry me, but besides the pain, I've never had a problem and after 6 or 7 days it's gone. It's probably nothin, you'll be ok.

hm...

honestly just sounds like some bleeding inside your leg. Must have went through a capillary or vein?? Nothing to worry about it happens.... abcesses take to long to pop up... something that quick shouldnt be anything?

alternate betw hot water towel and ice frequently , u shud be fine bro . :) .

Hey Bro.

I think you'll be just fine. It does sound like you hit a vessel. The trick now is to just keep down the inflammation.

I would suggest:
Anti-inflammatories - naproxen sodium (alleve, naprosyn, generic) is a good one. You might want to stop orals for the days you do this so you don't tax your liver too much.

Keep the knee bent as much as possible, putting the quad on stretch. This is something I picked up during some surgery related training I had. Probably helps to speed recovery in part by release of local growth factors (long story...).

Don't shy away from exercise, esp. cardio (I know you're not. 8^) Don't try to destroy that quad w/ a wt. workout, of course, just keep on schedule.

YOu mighe even try wrapping it with an Ace bandage if the swelling persists. Just be careful its not too tight and that you remove it occasionally to see if there is fluid accumulating to the sides (above and below) it.

-Randy

Thanks for the quick responses!

You guys are the best!

Get this - I just noticed a knot on my right leg from previous day's injection! It's not near as big though. This was my first time in this cycle using these two gears. I put EQ and prop in the other quad.

Maybe since I'm really starting to get lean, injections are going to be a problem :confused: Believe it or not, I always prepped for a contest clean - so this is new ground for me.

If my muscle's gonna swell like this everytime I inject, lookout Bi's and Calves - LOL :D

xcel

it could be from using an oil and water mix in one syeringe and then they seperated once u got it in. i would not worry about it.

X it sounds like yours is going to go away but I get this sometimes! if its really bad I always go in the hot tub at my house and give it one hell of a message then when I get out I ice the hell out of it! ALSO DUDE ELEVATE YOUR LEG AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE SO IF INFECTED IT WILL DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 2 weeks ago I had a similar problem in my arm around day 4 I couldn't even lift a five pound dumbell and my arm was twice the size and red and swollen! I went to the doc! I always go in any doubt if you catch things early its no problem at all! I t was a winny spot inj! The doc told me not to wrap it becuase all you will do is possibly spread the infection by pushing it around ! He said take some Benedryll(50mg ed), ibubrofen(600mgs e 8 hours), and gave me a anti-biotic called Keflex 500mg(4 times daily) It cleared up almost immedietly! Though I dunno if your is this bad and it sounds like it is going to clear up! I would see if you could possiply score some keflex or maybe another anti-biotic like amoxicllin or penecillian just in case for this or future problems! Also since there pretty harsh on the liver I wouldn't take joos while on the course! Hope this helps dude!!

Would agree with the others just hit blood vessel, the one thing I do find is the leaner you get the more knots , hit vessels, more bad shots you have.

stackdizzy said:
He said take some Benedryll(50mg ed), ibubrofen(600mgs e 8 hours), and gave me a anti-biotic called Keflex 500mg(4 times daily) It cleared up almost immedietly! Though I dunno if your is this bad and it sounds like it is going to clear up! I would see if you could possiply score some keflex or maybe another anti-biotic like amoxicllin or penecillian just in case for this or future problems! Also since there pretty harsh on the liver I wouldn't take joos while on the course! Hope this helps dude!!
I'm allergic to penecillan. I did a search on Keflex and it's easily obtainable and relatively inexpensive in generic form. From what I was reading, a high dose is 500mg 2X ED. How many days did the doc have you taking it? I know they say to continue taking it (even after infection is gone) until you use up the entire presciption.

xcel

He gave me 40 caps total for 10 days! The generic is Cephalexin 500mg! Pm if this is an emergency and I could send you a few until you get yours!:D

stackdizzy said:
He gave me 40 caps total for 10 days! The generic is Cephalexin 500mg! Pm if this is an emergency and I could send you a few until you get yours!:D
Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty sure I'm OK this go around.

They're cheap enough, I'm geting some to have on hand. This way I WON'T have any problems in the future. Kinda like whenever you take an umbrella with you, it doesn't rain!

xcel

Also dude I know some vet supplie store sell amoxicillin and penicillin in my state you do not need a prescription for these. I know you said that you were allergic to the P but the amox works pretty good, though if you already have the hook I 'd go with that but just posting for some other guys who find themselves in simliar situations. Though I must say about 4 hours after I took my first keflex my arm was way better and the swelling had gone down!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws