advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help: injection site quite sore from slin pin in quads...abscess or virgin muscle?

tmuscle

Kilo Klub Member
sup guys

my quads got hit with a 1ml 200mg/mL test cyp on the rectus femoris/sartorius in the right quads and 1mL of 200mg/mL eq in the tear drop in the left quads and using a 1/2" 30g slin pin for both

both sites are very sore when walking around. no swelling and no bruising or any visible signs of an abscess, no fever or chills, just excruciating soreness pain when walking or going up/down stairs. this is the first time i used a slin pin for the quads and maybe i wasn't lean enough to do it. when i sit down, however, i feel pretty much fine, except it still has that lingering sore feeling. it does hurt like a bruise feeling when i try to massage the areas

i'm curious if i let the gear go subq b/c my BF may not have been as lean as it should have for a slin pin in the quad. is there any cause for concern here?

I have hit the teardrop before and the outer edge of the quads with a 1.5" needle without as much pain as i have now. but it has been a while. this is the most pain i have ever had from an inject. hopefully it will go away

anyone ever had a similar issue? what do u suggest i do?

i figure i'd ask u guys before this problem escalates. it is day 3 after inj and soreness is all time high.

Yikes, you hit sartorius? I have always hit vastus lateralus when pinning quads... Never did inner thigh... Either the muscle is sensitive or maybe some oil went sq... If your not experiencing symptoms of infection, I wouldnt worry... Maybe try a hot compress on the affected areas?

well it could have been sartorius since it sweeps from middle to the inner but i believe it is the femoris (middle quad muscle)

i injected on both sides of my quads also, i used a 1" 23g needle. Everytime it hurt like hell and i walked with a limp for a week. you are fine and the pain will go away 6 to 10 days from injection. For me quad injections were always the most painfull. The glutes is the least painfull, you need a 1.5 needle, try shoulders with a 1 inch25gauge needle. It is way less painfull then quads, I use my shoulders and glutes. I willl never use my quads again. If its still sore in morning take 6oo mg iboprofren and you can still hit shoulders that day. I havnr injected my lats yet, but heard it was also a good spot.

yea bro, i hear ya, quads hurt like a mother.

from now on i dont think i'm going to hit quads ever again...or use a slin pin for watching gear unless i'm 3-4% competition ready bodyfat lol

i've always used glutes as well, 1.5"

what i'm worried about is cellulitis or some kind of complication from a subq inject if i haven't hit the muscle due to the slin pin usage

there is no abses, or bump, or discoloration, just pain. how long ago did you inject?

actually, my teardrop has a slight amount of redness to the area

slight pain in the skin when i touch

still sore as hell though

injected 3 days ago

that makes sense it should be red cuz its sore. You have nothing to worry about dude. Take iboprofren for the pain, it also will help reduce the swelling.

i only pin my quads with a 29g 1cc slin... 2cc in each quad every 3 days.... i always hit the outer side of the quad right above where your fingers touch if you put your hands down by your side... been doing this for over a year... never any issues.. im around 11% bf... but that spot is fairly lean on me...

I cant do quads either cause it leaves me crippled for a week. Like a dummy I said maybe I just knicked a nerve so I did it again lol. I could have strangled myself. Never again. Inside 5" above knee is a wonderful site to use but I use 23g 1" pins

I've tried pinning quads (lateralis) on both left and right legs more than a handful of times but man...this just isn't my site. I wouldn't be able to walk right for the rest of the week, each time! I discussed this with some local buddies and apparently they have issues with other sites that i'm personally okay with, so i'm guessing some sites just..don't work for some?

Well i have pinned the outer quads before, but i dont recall it being as bad as this. Hitting the femoris (middle) is damn near debilitating.

Im still worried about my tear drop inject tho, the area is slightly red. I may give it a few days and then visit the doctor and tell them i did a vitamin b12 inj

1in in the quads...never an issue...

I've tried pinning quads (lateralis) on both left and right legs more than a handful of times but man...this just isn't my site. I wouldn't be able to walk right for the rest of the week, each time! I discussed this with some local buddies and apparently they have issues with other sites that i'm personally okay with, so i'm guessing some sites just..don't work for some?

This goes for me as well it doesnt matter how many times I have pinned quads it hurt like a bitch everytime for at least 4 days

From my personal experience and talking to a pharmacist where I get my compounded Test blend, I have more of a reaction from the BB Benzyl Benzoate if I inject subq or shallow IM, with a ½" 27ga… now if I go deep IM the pain is there, just Not as bad or the duration of time.

My guess is maybe more nerve endings at the Sub-q level?

A friend of mine that uses the same Pharmacy has the same reaction, he has injected a saline solution, the next day~at the injection site and says the pain subsidies…

I've never done that, as the Pharmacy switched me to a hypoallergenic Test.

Quads are a tough spot bro, you need to get used to it. use at least a 1" 25 gage. I learned my lesson the hard was. About 18 years ago I hit my first shot in the quad, a sostenon preload with and 18 needle, I did not walk right for 2 weeks. It was so bad I could barely get in and out of my car.

Quads are a tough spot bro, you need to get used to it. use at least a 1" 25 gage. I learned my lesson the hard was. About 18 years ago I hit my first shot in the quad, a sostenon preload with and 18 needle, I did not walk right for 2 weeks. It was so bad I could barely get in and out of my car.

Yikes an 18g that is like being shot with a speargun.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131