over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help! Lost job but need to bulk

Hoffmeister

Newbies
Hi Guys

Sadly I lost my job a couple of days ago, and I am two weeks into a bulking cycle which had started very well. It will likely take me about a month and a half to get a new job but maybe even more.

The issue is, that if I stop now, not only will I crash off my cycle meaning I will be probably very unimpressive at interview but also I feel like I should keep it going to have a goal whilst i'm sat around at home with nothing to do (except applying for lots of jobs on the internet of course).
On the other hand however bulking is fairly expensive from a food perspective and money is going to be very tight over the next few weeks.

So I have decided to keep the bulker going so i have something constructive to do during this time but was wondering if anyone here has any tips for cheap but good eating when bulking?

The good news is that I have lots of time to prepare the food :)

Thanks very much, appreciate your help

I don't see the harm in continuing your bulk providing you can afford too. But I think your main focus should be getting a new job. A month and a half unemployed doesn't look good on your C.V.

A month and a half in london for professionals is fine trust me, I am (or was) a recruitment director for one of the largest recruitment firms in the world.

The average CV we would get over the last year is of someone who hasn't worked in 3-6 months.

I have some money anyway, my issue is just how to eat cheaply and if anyone has any tips

A month and a half in london for professionals is fine trust me, I am (or was) a recruitment director for one of the largest recruitment firms in the world.

The average CV we would get over the last year is of someone who hasn't worked in 3-6 months.

I have some money anyway, my issue is just how to eat cheaply and if anyone has any tips

I'd go with chicken breast, lean meaty ones, buy your fish fresh fish, then clean it yourself, nothing canned or frozen except tuna, plenty of fruit and vegetables, soups and salads. That's just for starters. A good size steak and potatoes with sour cream and a glass of cold beer on Saturdays for dinner.

I am in your exact same shoes my friend I lost my job in the beginning of March but have several interviews set up for next week so hoping for the best!
the main thing I did with my diet is I cut way back on protein (I don't use protein powder all food) from probably 400 or so grams a day to 150grams and replaced with carbs since they are so much cheaper.

Hi Guys

Sadly I lost my job a couple of days ago, and I am two weeks into a bulking cycle which had started very well. It will likely take me about a month and a half to get a new job but maybe even more.

The issue is, that if I stop now, not only will I crash off my cycle meaning I will be probably very unimpressive at interview but also I feel like I should keep it going to have a goal whilst i'm sat around at home with nothing to do (except applying for lots of jobs on the internet of course).
On the other hand however bulking is fairly expensive from a food perspective and money is going to be very tight over the next few weeks.

So I have decided to keep the bulker going so i have something constructive to do during this time but was wondering if anyone here has any tips for cheap but good eating when bulking?

The good news is that I have lots of time to prepare the food :)

Thanks very much, appreciate your help

Chicken breast , rice , oatmeal , peanut butter. What food can be more inexpensive than that. Tilapia also. Find a place where it's cheap on your area. Investigate. I get chicken around my way for 2.99 a pound bro. And how much is a gigantic bag of rice at a Costco.

get you some foodstamps, get on unemployment and live the life of a pro for a few months, train, eat, drug, sleep, drug, train. Hey you payed for it out of your check already. FUCK THE RAT RACE FOR A SHORT TIME, ITS GROW TIME!!!:headbang:

Last edited:
get you some foodstamps, get on unemployment and live the life of a pro for a few months, train, eat, sleep, train. Hey you payed for it out of your check already. FUCK THE RAT RACE FOR A SHORT TIME, ITS GROW TIME!!!:headbang:

Fucking LOL.

What's funny is, I think Klowndog is actually serious!

:headbang:

Im not a very smart man, but my momma taught me that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Its your chance to go all out dude, you might not get another chance to do YOU for another 10-20 years. Live each day like it is your last.

Im not a very smart man, but my momma taught me that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Its your chance to go all out dude, you might not get another chance to do YOU for another 10-20 years. Live each day like it is your last.

I agree with you mate! I'm going to be sat at home, i won't be spending any money on going out to expensive restaurants or bars, and I have already paid for the gear so i'm going to just hit the gym hard and make sure I am eating all the correct things (as cheaply as poss).

Its actually the perfect time to do it as it will keep me positive (i normally go insane sitting round the house), give me a project to do and keep my confidence.

Thanks for the help guys!

I agree with you mate! I'm going to be sat at home, i won't be spending any money on going out to expensive restaurants or bars, and I have already paid for the gear so i'm going to just hit the gym hard and make sure I am eating all the correct things (as cheaply as poss).

Its actually the perfect time to do it as it will keep me positive (i normally go insane sitting round the house), give me a project to do and keep my confidence.

Thanks for the help guys!

Your going to be a beast and crush your next interview as a result of this bulk. Lol

Hi Guys

Same thing happened to me last year.. had a great off season because of it! Roll with it if you can afford it, why not?

So I have decided to keep the bulker going so i have something constructive to do during this time but was wondering if anyone here has any tips for cheap but good eating when bulking

I personally keep it pretty plain:
Carbs: rice, oats, pop tarts (post training), frozen veggies
Protein: chicken, whey, red meat, fish
Just get used to adding hot sauce to everything and you will be good.

Cheap foods:
Rice, Pasta, Noodles, Oats, Crackers
Mixed Frozen Veggies
Cottage cheese
Milk
Whey
Egg whites

OoOoooOOOoOooo

Time for Mcdonalds dollar Menu
2 Mcdoubles just ketchup
1 Mcchicken no Mayo
Small Fry

Food

Pasta, dollae menu, oodles and noodles, canned tuna , rice, beans,

Oats and whey are your new best friends brother, best of luck :eek:

I know a guy who was as broke as broke could be, but still wasn't going to let that stop him from his goals. He lived off oats, whey, and olive oil. I kid you not, its all his diet consisted if during that time frame.

Test, tren, oats, whey, and olive oil lol. He had an amazing physique during that time period of living on virtually nothing and still met his goals.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Tesco Value Oats (1kg @ £0.75)

For flavoring add stock cubes and Tesco Sieved Tomatoes Passata 500G @ £0.44

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar