over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

help - low DHEA blood test results

Registered
I got bloodwork done recently. My DHEA-S is in the gutter apparently. 2.4 umol/L. That's basically child-like.

I think im on the way to an endocrinoligist. What does this mean in the grand scope of bodybuilding? Of life.. aging??

Before that: three questions. What does this mean? What are my options to take action? What's my prognosis?

Obviously these are questions for doctors, but id take the word of a well-educated, well-versed bber over a doctor in many cases.

If this forum isnt appropriate for this question, can someone forward it or advise me if im posting innappropriately?

Only time I had low DHEA-S was when I did not do a good enough pct and was not recovering well/was going through andropause. If you have low DHEA-S you can also have low Test levels. If you want to you can supplement with DHEA and that can bring it up.

Need a little more info though to really help. How long have you been cycling? Did you just come off or been off for a while? Age? Are you on TRT?

Only time I had low DHEA-S was when I did not do a good enough pct and was not recovering well/was going through andropause. If you have low DHEA-S you can also have low Test levels. If you want to you can supplement with DHEA and that can bring it up.

Need a little more info though to really help. How long have you been cycling? Did you just come off or been off for a while? Age? Are you on TRT?

Ya i was short on info there. im 30 and my test levels were high-normal after not a cycle for a year. ive done a half dozen in the past.

ive never thought much about dhea in the past but now im starting to think about how this could be affecting me.

I naturally had low dhea levels. been taking 25mg time released dhea 2x per day for like 5years now. Zero sides and got bloodwork and its normal now. Didnt really notice a huge diff in anything else though.

I naturally had low dhea levels. been taking 25mg time released dhea 2x per day for like 5years now. Zero sides and got bloodwork and its normal now. Didnt really notice a huge diff in anything else though.

Werent you concerned about low dhea to the point of maybe over-compensating even?

What side effects were you originally concerned about??

Seems like a way to age prematurally. How old are you? Im 30... not like 60.

i have low dhea levels too i just supplement

I started using DHEA this year. I found it works.
Sometimes I don't use everyday, but I notice a difference when I take it.
Good for depression/energy.

Ronnie Coleman takes some DHEA in one of his videos(Cost of Redemption) and says it helps kickstart his day.

I'd recommend 25mg to 200mg a day.

I started using DHEA this year. I found it works.
Sometimes I don't use everyday, but I notice a difference when I take it.
Good for depression/energy.

Ronnie Coleman takes some DHEA in one of his videos(Cost of Redemption) and says it helps kickstart his day.

I'd recommend 25mg to 200mg a day.

you are recommending 200mg a day of DHEA?

Werent you concerned about low dhea to the point of maybe over-compensating even?

What side effects were you originally concerned about??

Seems like a way to age prematurally. How old are you? Im 30... not like 60.

Well I should have been more clear. I had low test naturally, i think. I started lifting at 19 and this guy who owned a nutrionshop sold me all these prohormones. I did like 3wks on, then tribulus for pct(back then thats what they thought pct waslol) that then another one for a few weeks on then off,etc.. did maybe 4-5total. then at 21 i decided to get bloodwork before i did my first aas cycle. Test levels were like 225 on a range from 220-800. lh and fsh were fine. So i did a cycle, then did pct and months later got tested again. same results. also dhea was low both times. So i did 2 more cycles with pct, lost most my gains afterwards and and then just went on hrt at 23. im not 28 and soooooo glad i did. was never concerned about sides from dhea as most dont get sides from it if you keep it at 50mg/day. My dad has low levels and his endo had him on 100mg/day and they were still low. went to 200mg/day and now they are in range. He's 65 though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131