over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me decide on what shot gun to buy.

aminoman74

Banned
Im buying a mossberg 500 pursater or a mossberg 590 -A1. I want all the goods that the pursater has but like the goods that pursater has on the 590- A1.
I like the thicker barrel the 590 has and the metal safety and metal trigger guard like the 500 doesnt have. I also like the gost ring sights the 500 has. So im wondering if i should buy the 590 for 100. more and add the goods that the 500 has. Its going to be for home deffence and shooting for fun.I wont be throwing it around or anything like the army would.

I dont know what one to buy.

I have both the 500 flex and the maverick 88. Both awesome guns. Honestly the maverick is still sweet although advertised as a cheaper 500. Both i think are awesome and you can't go wrong with any mossberg. I keep hearing to not get a pistol grip only and I agree. The gun has a kick but a dude can handle it easily.

To your question. If money is a concern, the 500 is great and you wont be disappointed. If you got the extra spending cash then spend it on the 590. And my 500 has a metal trigger guard but plastic safety.

Im buying a mossberg 500 pursater or a mossberg 590 -A1. I want all the goods that the pursater has but like the goods that pursater has on the 590- A1.
I like the thicker barrel the 590 has and the metal safety and metal trigger guard like the 500 doesnt have. I also like the gost ring sights the 500 has. So im wondering if i should buy the 590 for 100. more and add the goods that the 500 has. Its going to be for home deffence and shooting for fun.I wont be throwing it around or anything like the army would.

I dont know what one to buy.

how much $ u tryin to spend?

What is your intended goal for the weapon?
This will help you choose the correct one.

ive got the mossberg 500 12g and i love it cant go wrong i also have a metal trigger guard, also i have a mossberg 20 g that my wife is way more comftorable using and is very effective at dispatching home threats

I believe the 590A1 is the only military approved Mossberg.

Check out the Rem 870s.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_870"]Remington Model 870 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The 590A1 is pretty similar and has cool accessories unlike the 870 (which can be drilled out). Its a Chev vs Ford argument. The one thing I dont like on mossberg pistol grips is the safety placement.

In a home defense situation you want a very light short shotgun. You don't want to be swinging around a gun that's heavy and long like a highland games caber toss event.

Some things I think about when buying a gun for practical use (as opposed to hobby) ... think ... if civilization collapses and its a Zombieland ... are you going to find shells/bullets? Are you going to be able to replace parts?

Practical use you want to look at what the UN/Military is using because those are going to be common on the underground black "zombieland" market.

Both the 870 and Mossberg 500s are popular guns tho.

Last edited:
Well if you want to be the baddest man on your block, check out SRM 1216 shotgun. Google it. You will not be disappointed!

Best shot gun for home defense saiga. Realy just depends on how much money you want to spend.

another thing you want to consider, in a home defense shotgun, is whether or not you're going to have to replace all the drywall once you shoot your attacker with a 48 round automatic shotgun! i have to admit tho the SRM1216 is a wicked design. i just don't know how reliable the roller action is. when you are protecting your wife and kids you need a reliable action.

Saiga 12 gauge shotty.....nothing else will do. My buddy brought one of these down and my neighbor called and said it sounded like his first tour in Tora Bora. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing you want to consider, in a home defense shotgun, is whether or not you're going to have to replace all the drywall once you shoot your attacker with a 48 round automatic shotgun! i have to admit tho the SRM1216 is a wicked design. i just don't know how reliable the roller action is. when you are protecting your wife and kids you need a reliable action.

If youre in a life or death situation the last thing you should worry about is your drywall...collateral damage ie overpenetration yes...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Saiga 12 and it's a blast to shoot but for home defense I'll rely on my Remington 870 as it's more reliable. The Saiga can be finicky cycling certain types of rounds. But with the prevalence of armed home invasion robbers wearing vests I may just switch to the ar15. Hopefully those rounds tumble enough when hitting drywall that over penetration isn't a real cause for concern.

Benelli M2/CQB 14" SBS

For home defense, I'd prolly stick with a pump shotgun.

The king of all pump shotguns is the Mossberg 590A1. The 590A1 is a better shotgun all around than the 500.

Any specific feature you like on the 500 can be added to the 590... Mossberg sells these guns in all different configurations.

Important additions you'd want:
"Speedfeed" brand stock (hold extra shells)
Side Saddle (Hold 6 extra shells)
"Surefire" brand fore-end with light (Best way to mount a light)
Ghost-ring sights..... optional.

The only thing you need to pick is the length of the barrel.

Last edited:
I got the mosberg 500 with the breecher barrel.
Have no complaints or regrets.

Just shot my maverick 88 for the first time and the kick was horrible. It makes me think that a pistol grip would be useless in practical use. My 500 though I shot 100 rounds this weekend and didn't blink and eye.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear