over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me pick a used vehicle-Poor man vehicle

This,if you are on a budget the last thing I would buy is a used American SUV or truck, maintenance won't be fun.

Yes and no on this, I'm the biggest patriot you'll ever meet but every american car I've ever owned has been a piece of shit, just a tool to beat up and discard. I'm a big Toyota/Lexus guy and while a Toyota will rarely be in the shop, cost wise it's probably the same to own as any American car. Simply because everyone and their mom can diagnose and work on an American car and the parts are cheap as shit but a Toyota the parts are going to be more expensive and it's a lot harder to find someone to work on them correctly, the trucks anyway. In the end it probably evens out, the American cars will have a lot more problems but the Jap cars will cost more to fix.

I had a 1997 LX450 which is a Lexus Landcruiser since I was 16, it was my first car bought it in 2000 and I only sold it a couple years ago 17 years later. I had lots of other cars in between but I always kept it as my second vehicle, absolutely loved it and it was a monster never had a single major issue. But that being said any small issue and it was an absolute nightmare finding anyone who knew how to work on it plus it needed special maintenance because of the locking diffs and full time 4x4 which nobody knew shit about, I had one guy and he passed away and for the next 5 years I owned her it spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. Not because it had major problems it never had a single one but because every mechanic I tried had no idea what he was doing on it, a 20 year old vehicle needs regular maintenance and stock parts replaced eventually. I even took it to shops that specialized in 4x4 vehicles, yea well their "expertise" was bullshit they would keep it for months then say "oh yea we couldn't figure it out" if it wasn't a wrangler they had no idea what they were doing but sure as shit tried to take my money for it anyway. I didn't want to sell it but in the end i had no choice, unless I somehow at the age of 33 found the time and learned to work on it myself which wasn't going to happen. But for a 20 year old truck I sure did sell it for a lot so that was nice!

Toyota's are infinitely more reliable than any American car but as far as cost of ownership it's a wash in the end. If you're talking about a camry or corolla that's one thing but if you're talking about a full time 4x4 truck that's a whole other animal.

You're absolutely right about all that concerning Toyota, but I'll always be a Toyota man, regardless. Their resale value is very high, as well; especially for 4Runners and Tacomas. Great news for current owners who may sell one day, bad news for new buyers. I remember being able to buy an early 90s 4Runner with not-so-awful mileage for just a couple thousand bucks. Now, they're considered "classics" and you're lucky to find one under 10k. Great vehicles, but still way too high for what they are, in my opinion.

It's not 4x4 and it's a regular cherokee....

That's not a Cherokee then:p...Those fricken pup trucks driving around look stupid as shit lol.

When I noticed you first said it's not a 4x4, I said to myself do they make a Cherokee that's not 4x4?! I forgot until you just posted this that I was referring to the Grand Cherokees, and that they actually made a non-Grand Cherokee model for your daughter when she first starts driving:p:D

Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee bc I have owned several in my day. I love them but they do guzzle gas and who gives a shit what other people think about what you drive. I make a excellent living and will never buy a brand new expensive vehicle. I won't drive a piece of shit, but I don't want something which isn't an investment which cars are NOT.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear