over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me pick a used vehicle-Poor man vehicle

Alexender

Registered
Ok guys i need to change my car.

Im not rich. Im on a budget and i cant afford something too expensive.

I will not disclose why i cant afford something more expensive, so please dont ask. Just pick one on the list and tell me why.

Heres a list of vehicle im interested.

Pick one in that list and tell me why.

1. 2014 SUV Jeep cherokee 2.4 4 cylinder, 9 speed automatic FWD
2. 2013 SUV Mazda CX-5 2.0 4 cylinder, 6 speed manual FWD
3. 2013 SUV Ford Escape 2.5 4 cylinder, 6 speed automatic FWD
4. 2011 PICK UP Ford F-150 3.7 v6, 6 speed automatic, 4x4
5. 2013 PICK UP Ram 1500 3.6 v6, 8 Speed automatic 4x4

Which one would you choose and why in that list?

Thank you

Ok guys i need to change my car.

Im not rich. Im on a budget and i cant afford something too expensive.

I will not disclose why i cant afford something more expensive, so please dont ask. Just pick one on the list and tell me why.

Heres a list of vehicle im interested.

Pick one in that list and tell me why.

1. 2014 SUV Jeep cherokee 2.4 4 cylinder, 9 speed automatic FWD
2. 2013 SUV Mazda CX-5 2.0 4 cylinder, 6 speed manual FWD
3. 2013 SUV Ford Escape 2.5 4 cylinder, 6 speed automatic FWD
4. 2011 PICK UP Ford F-150 3.7 v6, 6 speed automatic, 4x4
5. 2013 PICK UP Ram 1500 3.6 v6, 8 Speed automatic 4x4

Which one would you choose and why in that list?

Thank you

Depends how many miles each has on it as well as its current condition. Also depends on what part of the country you live in (e.g. does it snow a lot? how important is 4-wheel drive?) and what you'll be using it for (e.g. if you have a 2 hour commute to and from work 5 days per week, a pickup might cost you a lot in terms of gas and not be very practical).

Last edited:
Depends how many miles each has on it as well as its current condition. Also depends on what part of the country you live in (e.g. does it snow a lot? how important is 4-wheel drive?) and what you'll be using it for (e.g. if you have a 2 hour commute to and from work 5 days per week, a pickup might cost you a lot in terms of gas and not be very practical).

Snow 5 months out of the year.

I would try to find a SUV with 4 wheel drive, like one of those Jeep Cherokees. Shouldn't be too hard to find one in your price range. Any SUV with 4 wheel drive would be good really. Research them online and look for problems in the design of each to figure out reliability. I don't know anything about those kinds of cars so I cant help, sorry. I drive sports sedans and sports cars.

I do have one recommendation though. If you can, I recommend buying a Volvo with all wheel drive. You should be able to find an older one in your price range. My wife owns an XC60 with about 140,000 miles on it and no major problems. It did have the rear differential go out, but the dealership replaced it free of charge because we have a life time warranty. I think if you find one with 140k plus miles on it then the rear diff might have already gone out and been replaced. My wife's car drives like it is new.

Last edited:
How much do you have to put down, what is your monthly payment range?

Something like this would be great IMO:

**broken link removed**

or

**broken link removed**

The T6 engine in the second one is what we have in ours and its the best engine that car offers. It puts out around 270 HP and runs well.

Last edited:
Buy a used all wheel drive KIA. They have two or three models that fit your criteria and are bulletproof when it comes to maintenance and longevity.

Buy a used all wheel drive KIA. They have two or three models that fit your criteria and are bulletproof when it comes to maintenance and longevity.

Username checks out.

LOL, j/k...you are correct on the KIAs.

Kia are great cars and have by far the best warranty, best bang for the buck (along with Hyundai). I reccomend getting one new though so you have the warranty.

I would pick a Cherokee over any other vehicle...Comfortable, good power with the SRT and always liked the bodies since the 2003 models!

The mazda because of reliability and it's a manual. Chicks dig guys with a stick shift.

Pick ups hold their value but that also makes them more expensive to buy, Jeeps you could say the same but the one on your list has the drawback of no 4x4, not sure if you need that. The others on the list are just beat up and discard vehicles.

I'm assuming these are at a dealer that you found which can finance you and this is their selection, if not and they are cash cars I would say find an old 4runner instead, cheap and incredibly reliable.

I would go for the Jeep or the F150 depending on if you need 4x4 or not just because they will have value when you're done with them, the ram may seem more appealing but god are they terrible vehicles I think they come with factory rust. The mazda and escape are worthless.

Just saw you have snow 5 months out of the year, then it's the F150 hands down.....without a doubt.

1. You'll have a hard time re-selling a non 4x4 SUV somewhere it snows
2. Manual cars are worthless to 95% of the population
3. Worthless vehicle in general
4. WINNER
5. If it's not a rust bucket already it will be after the first year they salt the roads, my friend is an engineer for chrysler and even they crack jokes about what junk their cars are. Their motto is if you didn't lease it you got ripped off, you can lease a ram big horn for $250 a month 0 down over here in Michigan....what does that tell you about the product value?

I used to buy and sell cars on the side and have an ownership share in a car dealership, I'm not talking out of my ass here.

Buy a used 4-runner. I am on my third one. Last two i sold with over 360 thousand miles. Really no problems and running strong when I sold them. I did have to rebuild the automatic transmission in the last one. First one had to get a new clutch.

where do you live where you have snow 5 months out of the year? damn!

where do you live where you have snow 5 months out of the year? damn!

November to March in the Midwest and northeast at least, that’s like a third of the country buddy.

How is it living in that bubble?

Bro your two best bet is the Cherokee or the Ford 4x4 pick up..

The Cherokee is great but they are gas guzzlers

The Ford f-150 I tell you I have one from my company with 356,000 miles and it still run perfectly fine. And it's driven about 300 miles a day till today

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420