over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me save time

rookx750

Registered
I was listening to this weeks advices radio where Scott Stevenson said something that shit on my parade. For the last 8 plus month have been take a high dose (2grams throughout the day) of berberine and the fat loss(got pretty low, a true 10% veins starting to come In abs)and being able to keep it off has been out of this world. Clearly I had some insulin sensitivity issues before taking it but I eat like shit, a lot of shit to and can’t get fat. Soooto get to my point they said that metformin, and even more berberine totally stops or hinder the ability to be anabolic and gain muscle. Scott said, in of course the most scientific way that it something to do by telings the body that the energy coming needs to be not be store at all and to flush it out causing food not to have any anabolic effect:eek:. So I guess I will have to drop it and actually start a real diet because the main goal is to grow.

So here’s the question, there are so many new type 2 diabetic drugs coming out(trulicity and many more). I was wondering how these drugs work? And why are they not being used in the B.B. seen. I know metformin and basil insulin are popular but I feel every day there is a new pre diabetic/ type 2 enhancers that help low the insulin amounts pre day.

HOW DO THEY WOR? I know some work through the kidneys by removing excessive sugar others by helping the pancreas release insulin.

I AM NOT LOOKING TOO START TAKING THSES DRUGS. I just want to start conversation and hopefully lean without having to put in the time digging lol

.... he has literally no proof in that claim

Better tell this to Meadows, Luke Sandoe, and numerous other bodybuilders how take metformin.

My experience with both met and berberine clearly leads me to believe in and support Scott's claim... great compounds to stay or get lean, but the absolute opposite of insulin when it comes to gain size/build muscle.

Hence why even if on a strict diet and aiming to lose bf, I'll never take berberine (met causes me awful stomach issues :eek:, not berb) pre or post workout, in order to maximize the anabolic effect or training... each time I did I ended up flat as a pancake after the gym, while I'm usally staying super pumped for hours afterwards if not on anything. :(

Homonunculus (Dr Stevenson) backed with science what my body told me. That being said, FOR HEALTH, which is another subject, both met and berb are awesome supps. :)

My experience with both met and berberine clearly leads me to believe in and support Scott's claim... great compounds to stay or get lean, but the absolute opposite of insulin when it comes to gain size/build muscle.

Hence why even if on a strict diet and aiming to lose bf, I'll never take berberine (met causes me awful stomach issues :eek:, not berb) pre or post workout, in order to maximize the anabolic effect or training... each time I did I ended up flat as a pancake after the gym, while I'm usally staying super pumped for hours afterwards if not on anything. :(

Homonunculus (Dr Stevenson) backed with science what my body told me. That being said, FOR HEALTH, which is another subject, both met and berb are awesome supps. :)

Ugh, where were you when I bumped the topic on this yesterday?:lightbulb:

I'll skip the prwo berb, i'll try it again on my next cut. What do you think about a very low dose of berb and other GDA's in the morning with MK 677?

Ugh, where were you when I bumped the topic on this yesterday?:lightbulb:

I'll skip the prwo berb, i'll try it again on my next cut. What do you think about a very low dose of berb and other GDA's in the morning with MK 677?

^^^^ this is exactly what I was thinking. How long do these effects of ber on the body are active. For instance I want to recomp so I take a GDA and ber right in the am when I wake up with cardio to get the most out of cardio for fat burning. Will ber mechanisms be totally done if you train in the evening and out of the way as you recover as you sleep. I mean half life or active life isn’t really going to tell you when your body stops using that mechanism of berberine and food.

^^^^ this is exactly what I was thinking. How long do these effects of ber on the body are active. For instance I want to recomp so I take a GDA and ber right in the am when I wake up with cardio to get the most out of cardio for fat burning. Will ber mechanisms be totally done if you train in the evening and out of the way as you recover as you sleep. I mean half life or active life isn’t really going to tell you when your body stops using that mechanism of berberine and food.

Agreed, berberine has a shorter window than met. There may be something to not using it pre-workout, though ive heard plenty of people argue thats the best time for it as it cancels out the negative effects to mtor (Mike Arnold quote.)

I guess ill save it for the moment and wait till my next cut to experiment with it.

I was taking it pre, for my carbs I take while training. Was planning on using metformin for meals instead of slin.... Guess we'll see what the credit is

Well... if I were to use both MK and berb (combined with other GDA's or not), in a perfect world I would NOT take them at the same time.

Think I'd go with MK at night before sleeping (mainly to avoid being too lethargic during the day if taken upon waking), and then in the morning and before your other meals until late afternoon small-medium doses of berb (400-500mg each).

This way, theorically again :eek:, you'd restore during the day the slin sensitivity you might have lost at night due to the MK.

Seems to make sense... at least on paper! :p;)

Last edited:
I was taking it pre, for my carbs I take while training. Was planning on using metformin for meals instead of slin.... Guess we'll see what the credit is

Mark my words, metformin won't bring you near the same kind of results slin would... guaranteed. In an attempt to oversimplifly, I'd portray met and berberine as the ANTI-slin's.

Which for health and leaness is optimal, not so much for muscle growth. :cool:

I just want to comment that I had no issues regaining 30-40lbs of muscle memory when taking 1500mg metformin daily. Of course I was on an AAS stack too though. Never used Berberine.

Last edited:
Mark my words, metformin won't bring you near the same kind of results slin would... guaranteed. In an attempt to oversimplifly, I'd portray met and berberine as the ANTI-slin's.

Which for health and leaness is optimal, not so much for muscle growth. :cool:

I got fat and bad bloating from slin last time I tried it.

I just listened to that pod cast today. I was like wtf! Berberine is out. Metformin I guess is ok as long as ur not trying to go supper high with carb? That what I got out of it. So doesn’t metformin restrict androgen receptors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berberine only works if there are carbs there from what I read.

Well... if I were to use both MK and berb (combined with other GDA's or not), in a perfect world I would NOT take them at the same time.

Think I'd go with MK at night before sleeping (mainly to avoid being too lethargic during the day if taken upon waking), and then in the morning and before your other meals until late afternoon small-medium doses of berb (400-500mg each).

This way, theorically again :eek:, you'd restore during the day the slin sensitivity you might have lost at night due to the MK.

Seems to make sense... at least on paper! :p;)

Have you heard anything about berb and these GDA messing with morning fasted readings. I know MK we’ll drive it up very quickly but for the last year I have had on and off high faster reading BUT a1c always comes back at the lower end of normal. Also when I jacked up the doses of berb fasted sugars came down to 82-87 awakening, it still have been all over the place in the mornings for at least a year. I know about the syndrome where it’s almost like a false reading in the morning(????wakening syndrome) and usually happens to muscle males. I have expressed my concerns to multiple doc in all different fields and they all have no worries( prob cause they see diabetes more that colds now a days) but I don’t want to play around with that bs.
Btw mk is a compound I still can’t understand, if I take even 10 mg of mk alway high glucose in the morning from first day of taking it but never over 107 after a couple weeks of use. The fat loss is great and I’m always dry af in the mornings, most people it have the opposite effect. Because of the glucose reading I can’t take it but think it’s well worth the $$$$$$$ even if your young.

Dammmmmm!! See there is no short cuts in this game. All I want is sensitivity to be perfect lol. I guess it’s back to the basics of cardio and diet.

It offers many other benefits than just glucose disposal

So it only has a "negative" muscle building effect if taken around workouts? Could I use it with other meals?

So it only has a "negative" muscle building effect if taken around workouts? Could I use it with other meals?

That the million dollars question right now.

Just took 600 mg ber nd another GDA and rala 30 mins before a heavy meal and filled out over the last few hours better than I have all week not taking it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws