over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help please

Cdn

Registered
I am friends with a high level amateur athlete, and world record holder, who has had a few major issues which could prevent him from moving forward. The first is severe siatica which comes and goes. The second more immediate issue is Cubital tunnel syndrome. He has been told he needs surgery and he already had back surgery which did nothing. Is there any sport doctors or experts here who have any ideas on what he can do? Steroids are out of the question but anything and everything else is an option at this stage. He does not want to go thru another surgery. The medical team involved has no new ideas.

Plenty of smart experienced dudes on this board - but prob should just listen to his doctors lol…

First thing I'd suspect with the sciatica is something puting pressure on the spine , he needs some X-ray , CT or MRI to figure that out exactly what's causing that.
The issue with his elbow can possibly fixed with just rest and PT , maybe some peptides but again he's gonna need to figure out EXACTLY what is causing it.

I'd highly suggest finding a good athletic orthopedic to deal with , that may require him to travel a little ways but if he's planning or being a higher level competitor then he needs someone that deals with athletes.
If you are needing a transmission rebuilt for a 1000hp sport car would you let the crack head down the road rebuild it in his garage or ship it out to a pro shop that known for building race parts

I assume when you say his back surgery did nothing, you’re referring to the sciatica issue (which is typically from a herniated disk or bone spur), since cubical tunnel syndrome in every case I’ve seen refers to the ulner nerve in the elbow.

If that’s the most pressing issue and doctors are suggesting surgery, I assume rest/braces/non-invasive treatments have all been tried, and failed, yeah? In that case, he may have no other option than surgery to clean up whatever is putting pressure on the nerve.

Same with sciatica tbh, a herniated disk/bone spur is usually a surgical fix, but I’ve seen them remedied (I am not suggesting this but hey) with a reverse hyper machine

Reactions: Cdn
Many back surgeries fail as the Dr. did not diagnose the problem correctly. Going to a good dr. to start with is the first step.

First thing I'd suspect with the sciatica is something puting pressure on the spine , he needs some X-ray , CT or MRI to figure that out exactly what's causing that.
The issue with his elbow can possibly fixed with just rest and PT , maybe some peptides but again he's gonna need to figure out EXACTLY what is causing it.

I'd highly suggest finding a good athletic orthopedic to deal with , that may require him to travel a little ways but if he's planning or being a higher level competitor then he needs someone that deals with athletes.
If you are needing a transmission rebuilt for a 1000hp sport car would you let the crack head down the road rebuild it in his garage or ship it out to a pro shop that known for building race part
Google stuart mcgill
I shared his name thank you.

I assume when you say his back surgery did nothing, you’re referring to the sciatica issue (which is typically from a herniated disk or bone spur), since cubical tunnel syndrome in every case I’ve seen refers to the ulner nerve in the elbow.

If that’s the most pressing issue and doctors are suggesting surgery, I assume rest/braces/non-invasive treatments have all been tried, and failed, yeah? In that case, he may have no other option than surgery to clean up whatever is putting pressure on the nerve.

Same with sciatica tbh, a herniated disk/bone spur is usually a surgical fix, but I’ve seen them remedied (I am not suggesting this but hey) with a reverse hyper machine
They took a year to figure it was siatica oddly. And months to diagnose the other. The team is not great. The young man is a world record holder and Olympic hopeful.

They took a year to figure it was siatica oddly. And months to diagnose the other. The team is not great. The young man is a world record holder and Olympic hopeful.
If that’s the case, I wouldn’t be getting advice from a steroid forum, despite the wealth of knowledge possessed by members here.

I don’t think anyone that frequents this board has subject matter expertise on stuff like this, especially considering that stuff that may help (peptides, etc) are banned by WADA.

That being said, I still default to my recommendation that he connects with other high level athletes to find a doctor/surgeon who has a track record of rectifying issues of this nature.

The elbow is likely an overuse issue, and the sciatica is likely due to a hernia from overload/excess stress on the spine under load. Reverse hyper for back, pressure bands for the elbow are the only remedies outside of a scalpel and general physical therapy protocols

I second Dr Stuart McGill. He lives in Canada. With that kind of talent it would be worth the trip.

Out of curiosity, what's his sport/event? (weightlifting, wrestling, boxing, etc)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws