over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help! Prostate health for my dad...

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, so here's what's going on:

My dad wasn't on TRT last year in hopes of getting it prescribed instead of self administered, his PSA levels came back at 4.1 and so he went in for a biopsy..

Long story short the doctor we went to didn't know shit and almost killed my dad giving him the wrong info and he got sepsis and ended up in a hospital.. His current Urologist saved his life and did blood work and went ahead and prescribed him with TRT..

After a few weeks (200mg, 1 shot per week) he got blood work done and his Test levels were at 922 and his PSA came back at 6.1 and his doc said his Test is too high and his PSA raised, so naturally thought it was the TRT so he came off, my dad hasn't been on TRT for 8 weeks and his Test levels are down to 290 but his PSA is 8.0..

Doc still thinks it's the Test that raised it and refuses to put my dad back on TRT though he feels worse without it.. Not just the benefits of TRT but he was also urinating better on TRT etc..

I've read studies that there's no correlation or hard evidence on TRT and the Prostate...

What I thought was my dad was taking too much Test so I recommended taking the Emeric protocol of 20mg EOD instead of 200mg once a week and to take something for prostate health..

So guys, is there anything my pops can take with TRT for Prostate health to improve PSA??

Biopsy came back negative and we already know through 3 blood tests and stopping and starting TRT that it hasn't had any correlation with each other...

Any help is appreciated

Hey guys, so here's what's going on:

My dad wasn't on TRT last year in hopes of getting it prescribed instead of self administered, his PSA levels came back at 4.1 and so he went in for a biopsy..

Long story short the doctor we went to didn't know shit and almost killed my dad giving him the wrong info and he got sepsis and ended up in a hospital.. His current Urologist saved his life and did blood work and went ahead and prescribed him with TRT..

After a few weeks (200mg, 1 shot per week) he got blood work done and his Test levels were at 922 and his PSA came back at 6.1 and his doc said his Test is too high and his PSA raised, so naturally thought it was the TRT so he came off, my dad hasn't been on TRT for 8 weeks and his Test levels are down to 290 but his PSA is 8.0..

Doc still thinks it's the Test that raised it and refuses to put my dad back on TRT though he feels worse without it.. Not just the benefits of TRT but he was also urinating better on TRT etc..

I've read studies that there's no correlation or hard evidence on TRT and the Prostate...

What I thought was my dad was taking too much Test so I recommended taking the Emeric protocol of 20mg EOD instead of 200mg once a week and to take something for prostate health..

So guys, is there anything my pops can take with TRT for Prostate health to improve PSA??

Biopsy came back negative and we already know through 3 blood tests and stopping and starting TRT that it hasn't had any correlation with each other...

Any help is appreciated

How old is your dad?

Additional tests by qualified people. All practices are not the same. Find the best practice within a couple hour drive or plane ride. One with the best outcomes if done early. Not one to trifle with. What state? What city?

How old is your dad?

He just turned 48 today... We just came back from the Doc and they are doing a "Kscore" test (if I recall the name correctly) and they want to do another biopsy but my dad is petrified because of what happened to him last time.

Additional tests by qualified people. All practices are not the same. Find the best practice within a couple hour drive or plane ride. One with the best outcomes if done early. Not one to trifle with. What state? What city?

I get where you're coming from but his Urologist is very good and happens to be the one who saved his life the first time so we do trust him but he hasn't given my dad anything to reduce PSA or swelling etc so I'm wondering if he can take any supps that help as I believe it can help more than a script that helps one problem but causes another.

a) you need to read everything you can from Abraham Morgentaler (where low testosterone has been shown to cause prostate cancer)

b) Look into getting some of the new prostate testing that involves MRI's moreso than biopsies which could make the cancer spread (is some peoples theory)

c) I have left a lengthy post on prostate supplements and prostate cancer on a thread previously....its in a thread titled "my thoughts" or something like that

As someone in this field, i can say that the PSA shouldn't really go up that high on TRT. The average is usually by about 0.4 points, which is negligible.

A couple things may be at play - your dad is very sensitive to DHT, so glandular tissue is growing/responding to that.

Or, there is underlying cancer.

With rising PSA in the face of negative biopsies, he needs a multiparametric MRI. These are becoming more common, but you need a center that has this exact protocol, with a 3.0 Tesla MRI. And you need a radiologist experienced in reading THOSE who will read it/interpret it.

It's understandable for medico-legal purposes that they stop the testosterone while sorting this issue out, even though testosterone does not CAUSE prostate cancer (nor does DHT).

Best of luck!

a) you need to read everything you can from Abraham Morgentaler (where low testosterone has been shown to cause prostate cancer)

b) Look into getting some of the new prostate testing that involves MRI's moreso than biopsies
which could make the cancer spread (is some peoples theory)

c) I have left a lengthy post on prostate supplements and prostate cancer on a thread previously....its in a thread titled "my thoughts" or something like that

YES! Screw biopsies! Ive read plenty of prostate MRIs in my day and they are soooo much better then getting DREs or random biopsies. Id opt for a 3T so you dont have to get the rectal coil. I used to hate putting those in patients on the 1.5T

But just to clarify I say screw biopsies not because im fearful of spread of cancer because i dont believe in that with respect to prostate but because biopsies mess with my ability to read the MRI for a while, it can be nondiagnostic because you are shooting in the dark, its hurts and there are risks.

Last edited:
As someone in this field, i can say that the PSA shouldn't really go up that high on TRT. The average is usually by about 0.4 points, which is negligible.

A couple things may be at play - your dad is very sensitive to DHT, so glandular tissue is growing/responding to that.

Or, there is underlying cancer.

With rising PSA in the face of negative biopsies, he needs a multiparametric MRI. These are becoming more common, but you need a center that has this exact protocol, with a 3.0 Tesla MRI. And you need a radiologist experienced in reading THOSE who will read it/interpret it.

It's understandable for medico-legal purposes that they stop the testosterone while sorting this issue out, even though testosterone does not CAUSE prostate cancer (nor does DHT).

Best of luck!

AAAND i didnt even read your post before i posted...carry on lol

Thanks so much guys, I'm going to read up on all this stuff and I already told my parents..

We're looking into it all as we speak

in my thread in the sponsor section you can see what cardealer did to cut his psa score in half over the course of a year... mid 4s to mid 2s.

while staying on trt...

the admin 1x wk is bad news...

you need to keep e and dht in check...
bigger peaks lead to more sides.

some supps may have helped too.

most info is posted.

:welcome:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member