over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

help w/my son

craig3758

Registered
Okay guys my son who is a wrestler needs to lose 6-8lbs. in 2 weeks.Not a lot I know,but I want him to do it healthy.He then wants to maintain after that.Was thinking
meal1-6 whole eggs 1/4 walnuts
meal2-1 scoop egg protein and 1 scoop of whey protein 1/4 c of walnuts
meal 3 chicken or tilapia w/asparagus 1tbsp of olive oil and apple cider vinegar
meal4 same as meal2
meal52 cans of albacore tuna
meal6 6 eggs w/asparagus
This diet I use to cut,but it takes awhile to get going w/the weight.Does it look good for him or do you have any other suggestions.Thanks

Depending on his water retention this low carb diet could take quite a few pounds of water weight off him... Hopefully some of these competing bodybuilders will chime in and give you some different tips... But i'd have to say if you want to do it "healthy" you're on the right track!

How much does your son weigh? For the most part i like it, but if he's not doing a lot of weight training right now you could get away with less protein.

Okay guys my son who is a wrestler needs to lose 6-8lbs. in 2 weeks.Not a lot I know,but I want him to do it healthy.He then wants to maintain after that.Was thinking
meal 3 chicken or tilapia w/asparagus 1tbsp of olive oil and apple cider vinegar
meal4 same as meal2
meal6 6 eggs w/asparagus
This diet I use to cut,but it takes awhile to get going w/the weight.Does it look good for him or do you have any other suggestions.Thanks

6-8 lbs of fat is a lot in 2 weeks depending on his body composition!

Try a PSMF style diet with one re-feed meal either at the end or half way through day 7 or 14 depending on how determined he is, that should see at least 6 lbs of fat dissapear in that time depending on body his composition. Refeed glycogen stores (regaining most of the water weight) and maintain. Not far off what is above but I would bear in mind essential nutrition so would use UDO's for fats (better alround fat balance for the body 2:1:1 3,6,9 omegas and some MCT for energy) with a good source of vits and minerals, green veg with a strong multi vit/min, some BCAA and Glutamine.

This style of diet is very hard IMO but does produce the results you are looking for in that time scale. I find them exhausting but will be using a form of PSMF diet to shed my Christmas lard in a few weeks, I use a little more fats and more greens, and lose aropund 2 lbs of fat per week and can still train at moderate intesity refeeding every 5 days.

You could always add some sort of fatburner, but that may be out of the question.

:)

Could also use dandelion root to drop some water, it's potassium sparing and works pretty well!

All great feedback guys.I forgot about dandelion root.Fat burners are definetely out of the question being he is only 17.:D Yes the diet is hard,but he doesn't have to stay on THIS diet, just to make weight,then he can cycle carbs to maintain.Appreciate the responses

All great feedback guys.I forgot about dandelion root.Fat burners are definetely out of the question being he is only 17.:D Yes the diet is hard,but he doesn't have to stay on THIS diet, just to make weight,then he can cycle carbs to maintain.Appreciate the responses

thats the diet i would do and keep sodium low so more water weight will come off. Then i would start carbing up after the weigh in so he will be strong/have energy for the match. I had a lot of wrestler friends in HS who did this approach and it worked wonders for them.

6-8 lbs of fat is a lot in 2 weeks depending on his body composition!

Try a PSMF style diet with one re-feed meal either at the end or half way through day 7 or 14 depending on how determined he is, that should see at least 6 lbs of fat dissapear in that time depending on body his composition. Refeed glycogen stores (regaining most of the water weight) and maintain. Not far off what is above but I would bear in mind essential nutrition so would use UDO's for fats (better alround fat balance for the body 2:1:1 3,6,9 omegas and some MCT for energy) with a good source of vits and minerals, green veg with a strong multi vit/min, some BCAA and Glutamine.

This style of diet is very hard IMO but does produce the results you are looking for in that time scale. I find them exhausting but will be using a form of PSMF diet to shed my Christmas lard in a few weeks, I use a little more fats and more greens, and lose aropund 2 lbs of fat per week and can still train at moderate intesity refeeding every 5 days.

You could always add some sort of fatburner, but that may be out of the question.

:)

He didn't say 6-8 pounds of fat. Just 6-8 pounds...What does he eat now? How much does he way? He has enough time to do it, he just probably isn't going to lose all the weight just from diet. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to run a few off before weigh ins. 6-8 pounds in that time for 17 year old kid that is probably in decent shape might be kind of hard to do it just from dieting. How long after he weighs in does he have until his match

He has just 1 day from weigh to match.I was going to carb him up maybe 200g for the day of the match to get his strength up and then manipulate from there.He weighs 160 and needs to get to 152 and yes he'll be doing the treadmill or sprints at least 5 days ew.Somebodfy asked what he eats now!LOL!He 17 and eats crap.I'm trying to get him going on his food intake for his future and he finally came to me for advice!YEA maybe I'm getting to him.He sees my dedication and hard work and he admires what I've done so mahybe I can teach another soul on a healthy lifestyle.

When all else fails bust out the albolene, hit the speed rope, and subsist on sugar free jello until weigh in.

Dropping 6 pounds for a wrestler is no big deal. He could easily drop that through manipulation of his diet and water intake. And when it comes down to it, Use the trash bag method.

When I wrestled and needed to cut I few I could count on laxatives, the pill kind and nothing that says gentile acting if the recommended dose is 2 take 6 or 8 start at 10 PM the night before weighin then after weighin load up on pedialite and gatoraid

I agree with the above statement, 6 to 8 pounds is nothing to a wrestler.

We hold 16 to 20 pounds of water, and you can easily sweat out 6 to 8 pounds and still be very healthy. Keep electolytes in check and run with a garbage bag, flushes the water right out. A couple of miles with plastic and sweat should all you need to do to drop that weight. Another way wrestlers get down a bit is to chew gum and spent (may sound silly but it works) You can do this without risky any negative health problems.

I agree with the above statement, 6 to 8 pounds is nothing to a wrestler.

We hold 16 to 20 pounds of water, and you can easily sweat out 6 to 8 pounds and still be very healthy. Keep electolytes in check and run with a garbage bag, flushes the water right out. A couple of miles with plastic and sweat should all you need to do to drop that weight. Another way wrestlers get down a bit is to chew gum and spent (may sound silly but it works) You can do this without risky any negative health problems.

Ok....I agree 6-8 pounds for a wrestler is nothing but if you read his whole post he doesn't want him to just shed all the water. He wants his son to do it the right way and drop down to that weight and be there naturally. Which is going to be difficult to do in that time, especially if we don't have a specific base of what he eats. If he eats like total ass now he may be able to drop the weight without dropping all the carbs. Just switching to a healthy diet may be enough to do it but the hard part is the time table. If he had more time you could switch up his diet to just a healthy diet with lots of veggies to keep up the energy levels. I would try and just switch his diet to salads with tuna and chicken for 5-6 days and see if that does anything. Then when there is 7 days left you can evaluate where he is and if you need to cut the carbs out you will have enough time to change it up and then still have enough time left to do crazy stuff to drop water weight if he has to but if just switching to a healthy diet with lots of leafy greens might be enough to drop the weight.

meal4 same as meal2
meal6 6 eggs w/asparagus

is he taking a good multi mineral/vitamin tab right now?

i have a friend i help who in his sport needs to make weight at times.

he normally stays close to your son in his over scale weight of 6-8 pounds.

instead of restricting his calories, making him do more cardio than he normally does to prepare and wearing him out and risk him not coming into the fight anything less than feeling 100%, i keep his calories the same, and simply change his fuel sources.

by switching his carbs for fats, it takes his body normally 3 days to adjust to the change in fuel sources. simply by eliminating his carbs we'll usually be within a pound or two of his target weight 4-5 days out just from the water he loses from cutting his carbs out.

in the 3 days leading up to weigh in i'll load his water and cut his sodium out. 12 hours before weigh in cut his water out, so he comes in right where he needs to be, without diuretics.

the idea is to come into the fight without feeling depleted or dragged out from a caloric deficit and a water depletion. given the weigh in is usually a day before his tilt, he has enough time to put back on the weight he lost for the fight, as most of it being water and go into it feeling strong, not depleted.

if you have time, i would suggest you try this for 2 weeks well before his match to see just how his body will react. i wouldnt advise you try it in the 2 weeks going into his match without trying it first, as there maybe bugs and cranks you'll have to address.

hope this helps.

BFU

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member