over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with a post surgery health/recovery stack/diet

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been running from doctor to doctor since October for my pec tear. It needs surgery. Doctor #1 was gun shy. Doctor #2 is Victor Prisk, but it'll be $23,000+. Doctor #3 is on 12/2 because he's worked on the Colts and is within my health insurance network (and is half the price of Victor).

Long story short, the waiting definitely means a ROUGH surgery. I know recovering is going to be hell. I'm looking for high quality supplements to
#1- Boost my body's ability to fight infection and just be in a positive healing state. inflammation, circulation, etc.
#2- Help retain muscle while keeping bodyfat levels low.
#3- Increase the size of my penis by 1inch.

Most of those are reasonable goals. Here's the start of what I'm thinking...

1- A vitamin/mineral pack
2- A joint support stack with Cissus, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM
3- Whey Isolate
4- Milk Thistle
5- A sleep formula made with L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, GABA, and Phenibut
6- Psyllium Seed Husk
7- Tribulus, Maca, Horny Goat Weed, Avena Sativa, and a few other libido herbs (Hopefully you understood the penis thing was a joke. These are supplements that i'll be taking to keep the boys active.)

I'm going to keep my diet to 4-5 meals per day, limiting my carbs to the first half of the day only. I have to decrease the amount of calories I'm taking in because of the impending lack of exercise. My goal is to have around 300g protein per day, 100-150g complex carbohydrates per day, and about 80g fat coming only in healthy forms (EVOO, fish oil, nut butters). Shooting for 2-3 shakes and 2 solid meals. I doubt I'll have much of an appetite. If my bodyfat gets too high, I'll drop some of the fats out.

As far as exercise, I know I'll be out of the gym for 3-4 weeks. My idea was to start with walking, bodyweight lunges, squats, and calf raises. I can do abs by improvising. I figured walking would increase heart rate, which could speed the rate at which fresh blood would circulate in the repaired area.

What else do you think?

Its good to see you're planing ahead instead of taking it one day at a time. Add an EFA such as Fish oil. You may also want to consider adding zinc/b6/magnesium to your PM stack. Two other supplements I take for life are CoQ10 from a powder source, and Liv52 you can buy bottles in 10 packs for fairly cheap so I just remain on a very mild dose.

I've been running from doctor to doctor since October for my pec tear. It needs surgery. Doctor #1 was gun shy. Doctor #2 is Victor Prisk, but it'll be $23,000+. Doctor #3 is on 12/2 because he's worked on the Colts and is within my health insurance network (and is half the price of Victor).

Long story short, the waiting definitely means a ROUGH surgery. I know recovering is going to be hell. I'm looking for high quality supplements to
#1- Boost my body's ability to fight infection and just be in a positive healing state. inflammation, circulation, etc.
#2- Help retain muscle while keeping bodyfat levels low.
#3- Increase the size of my penis by 1inch.

Most of those are reasonable goals. Here's the start of what I'm thinking...

1- A vitamin/mineral pack
2- A joint support stack with Cissus, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM
3- Whey Isolate
4- Milk Thistle
5- A sleep formula made with L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, GABA, and Phenibut
6- Psyllium Seed Husk
7- Tribulus, Maca, Horny Goat Weed, Avena Sativa, and a few other libido herbs (Hopefully you understood the penis thing was a joke. These are supplements that i'll be taking to keep the boys active.)

I'm going to keep my diet to 4-5 meals per day, limiting my carbs to the first half of the day only. I have to decrease the amount of calories I'm taking in because of the impending lack of exercise. My goal is to have around 300g protein per day, 100-150g complex carbohydrates per day, and about 80g fat coming only in healthy forms (EVOO, fish oil, nut butters). Shooting for 2-3 shakes and 2 solid meals. I doubt I'll have much of an appetite. If my bodyfat gets too high, I'll drop some of the fats out.

As far as exercise, I know I'll be out of the gym for 3-4 weeks. My idea was to start with walking, bodyweight lunges, squats, and calf raises. I can do abs by improvising. I figured walking would increase heart rate, which could speed the rate at which fresh blood would circulate in the repaired area.

What else do you think?

Its good to see you're planing ahead instead of taking it one day at a time. Add an EFA such as Fish oil. You may also want to consider adding zinc/b6/magnesium to your PM stack. Two other supplements I take for life are CoQ10 from a powder source, and Liv52 you can buy bottles in 10 packs for fairly cheap so I just remain on a very mild dose.

I do take Fish Oil... forgot to mention that.

Adding to the list...
ZMA
CoQ10
Liv52

Isn't Liv52 mostly milk thistle? I might look up the ingredients and make them myself. I'll certainly have the time.

Once you're able to, I'd also suggest some very high rep dumbbell floor presses to get blood to the recovering area.

Like 50-100 reps.

I do take Fish Oil... forgot to mention that.

Adding to the list...
ZMA
CoQ10
Liv52

Isn't Liv52 mostly milk thistle? I might look up the ingredients and make them myself. I'll certainly have the time.

No liv52 contains no milk thistle. Its a very affordable trust worth product, the 52 represents the 52nd formula its on now, been around since 1955. The new product in the states is called "livercare". I just get the old version liv52 over seas.

Syntheteks product also works great.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner