advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with choosing Truenutrition protein!

Diesed

Registered
So, my life has officially changed for the better having found this site (truenutrition)!!!

I want to build my own protein, but I need help on how to do this! Theres so many options.

Which would you guys say are the TOP 3 quality choices of protein? Was reading MD recommends hydrolyled casein...?

What are the TOP 3 flavours to choose from? I'm a huge coconut fan, so if any of those flavours are g2g, let me know!

What "additive" should I add? I dont really understand them beyond the enzyme thing, but again there are a lot of choices!

I'm just really excited to place an order, thanks

1/3rd micellar casein, 1/3rd whey isolate, 1/3rd egg white, add in some glutamine peptides, taurine and creapure

save the hydro for pre, intra and post training

team skip

if you dont digest whey well then VEGAN PROTEIN OPTIMIZER!

1/3rd micellar casein, 1/3rd whey isolate, 1/3rd egg white, add in some glutamine peptides, taurine and creapure

save the hydro for pre, intra and post training

That mix is called team skip ;)

I would not mix in the additives. Buy them separate and add them in as you need them.

For intra and post, don't get the regular hydo casein, get pepto-pro. There is a difference.

Honestly, just straight up WPI cold filtration is baller, hands down my favorite, and tastes great in just about any flavor.

Team skip is also a great mix. A little thicker and will hold you over for a good bit of time.

Thanks guys! So this "team skip" mix isn't suited for post workout then? As I see you guys saying take something else post. Whats the reasoning behind the team skip blend? Also, how bitter is the hydrolized casein and whey??? Thanks

I would not mix in the additives. Buy them separate and add them in as you need them.

For intra and post, don't get the regular hydo casein, get pepto-pro. There is a difference.

Honestly, just straight up WPI cold filtration is baller, hands down my favorite, and tastes great in just about any flavor.

Team skip is also a great mix. A little thicker and will hold you over for a good bit of time.

Also, how do you do the 1/3 mix for the team skip blend? It only lets me select 30% or 35%? I might be splitting hairs here?

What exactly is misceller casein???

Dont do 1/3 of anything. Get the team skip blend...its already 3 proteins.

Micellar Casein is the best form of casein.

Agreed. I have this in the pb&j flavor..good stuff.

Thanks guys! So this "team skip" mix isn't suited for post workout then? As I see you guys saying take something else post. Whats the reasoning behind the team skip blend? Also, how bitter is the hydrolized casein and whey??? Thanks

Team skip has 3 proteins, so you it would get amino acids into you system fast with the whey isolate. With team skip, you get 3 proteins, 3 different amino acid profiles and 3 different rates at which the amino acids will get into your system. Think of it like a tiered approached.

I've only used the pepto-pro. It is not too bitter when you get a citrus flavor. Pepto-pro is really watery and I think it tastes better when you use more water versus trying to concentrate the flavor.

As knight already said, micellar is the best form of slow digesting casein (not counting things like pepto-pro).

I don't like instantized though so Team Skippy's out.

team skip works for me. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor compared to my old chocolate dymatize iso-100 protein, but if Team skip is better for me then I can live with it. Definetley get heavy flavoring and maybe buy flavor packets.
I just bought 20lbs myself. Should last a few months

50% CMDI 50% Egg White. Boom!

In a two scoop serving, you get >50g of protein...25g egg white, 20g micellar casein and 5% WPI. If you're really concerned about getting more whey, just lower the egg content and up the CMDI, or lower the content of both a little and add in WPI.

I like Whey Protein Isolate cold filtration ..... Premium flavored Strawberry Coconut with no additives (I just use the premium flavoring system only). I also get the double chocolate fudge WPI, and I add 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee to it when making my shakes. The chocolate/coffee mix is my favorite in water. The chocolate coconut is my favorite in Milk.

I don't like instantized though so Team Skippy's out.

So the formula for team Skip is:

34% Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltration
33% Micellar Casein
33% Egg White Protein

Are you referring to the egg white protein and micellar being instantized? I would think they would be pretty nasty and clumpy if they weren't instanized.

Out of curiousity, what is it about being instantized you don't like?

Last edited:
Pepto pro is insanely expensive and not an option for most including myself. I would go with hydrolyzed casein instead. I usually get cold filtered wpi, hydro casein and mis. casein.

I tried the grass fed whey from TN. Tastes and mixes great, but causes too much foam to rise when blending.

Will switch to a WPI of some kind next time when I'm done with my 5lbs.

Invigorate protein mix...my fave right after team skip. It's main protein is pea protein...it's 4 bucks a pound.

Pulled the trigger and ordered some cold filtration wpi in a few different flavors. Once I get a feel for their products I may start to experiment with mixing different blends.

So the formula for team Skip is:

34% Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltration
33% Micellar Casein
33% Egg White Protein

Are you referring to the egg white protein and micellar being instantized? I would think they would be pretty nasty and clumpy if they weren't instanized.

Out of curiousity, what is it about being instantized you don't like?

Instantizing causes denaturing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity