YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Clothing and Bodybuilder appearance?

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the past 10 years i didnt really give a shit about Clothing style.

I was always wearing oversize stuff(Baggy clothes).

But something i noticed when i see people around.

-When i wear Proper t-shirts size(The sleeve in the middle of the bicep).

-I hear 3 things.

-You lost weight.
-You look slimmer.
-You look gay.

When i wear Oversize t shirt(1 size larger than proper fit size).

-I hear 2 things.

-You Gained Fat.
-You look bigger.

-Im 215 Pounds,5foot11.Lean, i dont have a gut,Small waist. Im not huge by standard but also im not small compared to the average people.

-I know Macros dictate bodyshape.

-I follow a High Protein,Medium fats, Low carb diet, Year round.

-In society people follow High Carb,Medium protein,Low fat Diet.

This change the bodyshape you are compared to most people dramactically.

Im asking for help since i want to improve my appearance.

What kind of Jeans you guys wear? Fit and Brand?

What kind of Shirts you guys wear?

Im asking this for Casual Clothing style, Everytime you dont work.

What jeans and Shirts should i wear?

What fit jeans(Straight or Slim cuts)?

What fit Shirts(Regular or Slim cuts)?

Buying shirts (any type: button down, tshirt, long sleeve, etc) is always a pain in the ass. I want them to show off the time spent in the gym, but I also don't want to look like a complete asshole. Baggy shirts can make people unable to tell the difference if you're muscular or fat (like you said).

There was a meme of a guy wearing a fitted shirt compared to a baggy shirt and he looked 3x bigger in the fitted shirt.

I can't even count the number of times I've bought shirts that I thought were good but then never ended up wearing them because they didn't fit exactly how I wanted them to.

Buying shirts (any type: button down, tshirt, long sleeve, etc) is always a pain in the ass. I want them to show off the time spent in the gym, but I also don't want to look like a complete asshole. Baggy shirts can make people unable to tell the difference if you're muscular or fat (like you said).

There was a meme of a guy wearing a fitted shirt compared to a baggy shirt and he looked 3x bigger in the fitted shirt.

I can't even count the number of times I've bought shirts that I thought were good but then never ended up wearing them because they didn't fit exactly how I wanted them to.

This is exactly what im thinking.

When i wear baggy stuff I get called fat. When i wear Proper fitting clothes people tell me i lost weight and look skinny in person.

I want to buy clothes that look good for casual wearing, Evertime im not working. I dont want to dress in sweat pants and Hoodies like i used to do.

Do you wear Jeans? What brand and fit? Im not sure if i should buy Slim fit(levis 511) jeans or just regular 501(Straight leg).

Also its funny because when i lower the carbs, People look at my face and tell me- wow you lost weight it look in your face.

But i got a big Body with a Lean face.

Im asking this, because by first impression i Attract Overweight women.

Slim and tall women dont seem interested.

Nike/under armor 3xl golf shirts make me look like a beast at 260lbs, at 275+ they're too small

For the past 10 years i didnt really give a shit about Clothing style.

I was always wearing oversize stuff(Baggy clothes).

But something i noticed when i see people around.

-When i wear Proper t-shirts size(The sleeve in the middle of the bicep).

-I hear 3 things.

-You lost weight.
-You look slimmer.
-You look gay.

When i wear Oversize t shirt(1 size larger than proper fit size).

-I hear 2 things.

-You Gained Fat.
-You look bigger.

-Im 215 Pounds,5foot11.Lean, i dont have a gut,Small waist. Im not huge by standard but also im not small compared to the average people.

-I know Macros dictate bodyshape.

-I follow a High Protein,Medium fats, Low carb diet, Year round.

-In society people follow High Carb,Medium protein,Low fat Diet.

This change the bodyshape you are compared to most people dramactically.

Im asking for help since i want to improve my appearance.

What kind of Jeans you guys wear? Fit and Brand?

What kind of Shirts you guys wear?

Im asking this for Casual Clothing style, Everytime you dont work.

What jeans and Shirts should i wear?

What fit jeans(Straight or Slim cuts)?

What fit Shirts(Regular or Slim cuts)?
You get called skinny when you wear fitted clothing...at 215? Come on man, I think your body dismorphia (we all have it here) is coming into play. I think people are saying you look skinny as a compliment (what they really mean is you look trim and athletic) and you are taking it as 'your small'. If you are a lean 215 with low bodyfat percentage you should look pretty sexy at 215 in fitted clothing...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Professional Muscle mobile app

I wear a 3-piece suit everywhere I go

I do too - but I have to keep the cannons visible so I tear off (very neatly) the sleeves of shirt and jacket. Or - I just wear the vest with the slacks!!

Suns out guns out baby!!!! :D

Jeans with at least 2% spandex.
Shirts with at least 20% polyesyer.

I have odd proportions...
21 inch arms. 32inch waist. I think 38 inch ass whatever that means lol.

Last edited:
Jeans with at least 2% spandex.
Shirts with at least 20% polyesyer.

I have odd proportions...
21 inch arms. 32inch waist. I think 38 inch ass whatever that means lol.

True that brother, I've done the same.

I buy polos, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, all of them have a little spandex or some kind of stretch material in them. I got rid of all my shit that was 100% cotton. Most brands have "stretch" versions of their clothing now.

I wear chinos from this place called Bonobos ... they have an "athletic fit" that is skinny in the ankle, but more room in the thigh and seat - and they are stretch.

I wear Lacoste polos, bought from their website, they have a line that are stretch and are like 90% something percent cotton but just enough stretch that you can wear them relatively tight and not look like a moron bursting out of your shirt.

T-shirts and jeans -- plenty of brands nowadays have a little stretch to them, you don't have to buy under armor everything. A lot of bodybuilder type guys have the worst style in history. If you're wearing gym attire 24/7, or big baggy ass jeans or pants because your legs are huge.....there's really no excuse for it anymore. Trust me when I say women appreciate a guy who has a decent fashion sense.

The only issue I still continue to have is with button down shirts or suits. They all have to be tailored. I usually just buy all my button down shirts that I wear in the fall/winter during the spring season when they go on sale, and that offsets the price of taking them all to the tailor and having them custom fit. Then they fit like a glove. I can't stand seeing guys with shirts ballooning out of their pants because they bought huge oversized crap from Jos A. Banks and didn't bother to take it to a tailor.

Last edited:
Either develop a relationship with a tailor and have them make clothes for you or take everything in to the tailor.

Oh and only buy jeans that have a 2% spandex in them. I still tailor all of my pants/jeans but have them tailor to fit snug around my legs. Perfect fit when tailored, but the 2% spandex will provide so much give when you, making them so comfortable. A lot of brands are moving towards it so if you don't know, chances are you might have a pair, but if you've never had them, they'll make jeans as comfy as a pair of sweats.

Everything from button downs to polos and t-shirts, I take to the tailor to bring the waist in. For t-shirts stick to a tri or quad blend or one that specifically uses Modal.

I'm not a massive dude compared to a lot of guys here but have proportions that make all clothes in stores fit really weird. Spending the extra couple bucks on nicer fabrics and getting things tailored makes a world of difference.

Either develop a relationship with a tailor and have them make clothes for you or take everything in to the tailor.

Oh and only buy jeans that have a 2% spandex in them. I still tailor all of my pants/jeans but have them tailor to fit snug around my legs. Perfect fit when tailored, but the 2% spandex will provide so much give when you, making them so comfortable. A lot of brands are moving towards it so if you don't know, chances are you might have a pair, but if you've never had them, they'll make jeans as comfy as a pair of sweats.

Everything from button downs to polos and t-shirts, I take to the tailor to bring the waist in. For t-shirts stick to a tri or quad blend or one that specifically uses Modal.

I'm not a massive dude compared to a lot of guys here but have proportions that make all clothes in stores fit really weird. Spending the extra couple bucks on nicer fabrics and getting things tailored makes a world of difference.

You barely have to be bigger than average forclothes to fit like shit. Especially when you're tall. I'm 6'2 and I hover between 200-210, not huge by any means, but my shoulders and back are plenty wide enough, and my arms big enough, that shirts made for "coventional" body types just don't work. I can't even imagine being a monster at 250 and having to start at a XXL or XXXL and get that shit fixed to fit properly.

True that brother, I've done the same.

I buy polos, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, all of them have a little spandex or some kind of stretch material in them. I got rid of all my shit that was 100% cotton. Most brands have "stretch" versions of their clothing now.

I wear chinos from this place called Bonobos ... they have an "athletic fit" that is skinny in the ankle, but more room in the thigh and seat - and they are stretch.

I wear Lacoste polos, bought from their website, they have a line that are stretch and are like 90% something percent cotton but just enough stretch that you can wear them relatively tight and not look like a moron bursting out of your shirt.

T-shirts and jeans -- plenty of brands nowadays have a little stretch to them, you don't have to buy under armor everything. A lot of bodybuilder type guys have the worst style in history. If you're wearing gym attire 24/7, or big baggy ass jeans or pants because your legs are huge.....there's really no excuse for it anymore. Trust me when I say women appreciate a guy who has a decent fashion sense.

No company should ever make 100% cotton anymore. A friend of mine owns a mid sized athletic apparel company and have asked him about sourcing materials and costs as he keeps upgrading their fabric quality. The price difference between 100% cotton and a simple tri blend (that looks and feels 100X better) is so minimal now in bulk that there's no reason they should still be used.

I run between 215-220lbs at 5'10 and it's not easy to find properly fitted clothes. I can't imagine what you guys who are like 250+ at my height deal with.

I personally alter almost all my clothes myself.

I grew up with many sisters and I learned. Having all my clothes altered would cost a ton of money so i learned to do it myself and I can make adjustments as needed.

Since most guys cant do that you will have to get them altered. It is going to be costly so its best to invest in higher quality clothes so they last a long time.

For dress shirts the hardest thing to alter is the collar so as long as the collar and sleeves ( length) fit the rest can be altered easily.

Same thing goes for pants. Make sure the waist fits. The entire inseam can be altered. I buy nearly all my slacks uncut so i can hem them to the length i want.

Jeans. I like the levi's athletic cut jeans. I have a 31 inch waist and 26 inch quads and they a little snug but comfortable.

More expensive but ive founds pants that fit well at bonobos.

Online J crew factor does good with either the jeans/chino bleeker fit or the one bigger then that. Same goes for there shorts- 9 inch inseam to show off some lower quad but i wont go shorter then that.

who the fuck cares what everybody says or thinks.....jeezzzz

I wear what I like and whats comfortable to ME....

just sayin....

why are you so obsessed with clothes...????

:cool:

who the fuck cares what everybody says or thinks.....jeezzzz

I wear what I like and whats comfortable to ME....

just sayin....

why are you so obsessed with clothes...????

:cool:

Answered your question brother. I don't buy designer brands because I care what people think (most of my clothes aren't designer brands btw) I buy clothes that use higher quality fabrics and tailor them because I like it and it's what makes clothes super comfortable to me.

Just view it the same way as with anything. Invest a few extra bucks into quality food to digest and feel better, invest in a quality bed and high thread count sheets to improve sleep quality, invest in some quality clothes because you spend the majority of your life wearing them.

But like you said I do those things to because they bring comfort to ME. :cool:

Great advice. 32 in waist with a 36 in inseam makes it hell for me to get pants to fit properly in most stores. I find that if I can get one close though, my tailor has it fitted perfectly in a few days. Ive gotten a lot of second hand clothes that were good material and just too big, and had them altered. Between that and big sales/clearances you can buy the clothes and tailoring for less than a lot of well fitted clothes would cost off the rack.

If you are that bothered and clueless then you just need to go out and try on loads of different clothes. You would be best taking a girl or man who knows how to dress. Perhaps go to a big store and get a personal shopper and tell them exactly what you are after and they can help you pick out clothes.

Personally I don't care what people think but I also like to have nice things so wear a mixture but it's very rare I can find anything to fit in certain brands. At your measurements Hugo Boss, Versace, D & G, Valentino, Armani etc will all have nice smart/casual clothing. If that's not in your budget there are many more brands but I am not sure what is sold in the US compared to over here.

I wear skinny stretch jeans. They fit my tiny joints but have room for my quads and I can actually move about in them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws