over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Intrawork out protein when using Humalog Pre-workout

Wayacrucis

Registered
Hi guys. I've been doing some reading on pre-work out slin use. I've used slin a couple of times both pre and post work out, so I am experienced when it comes to the compound. When I last used log pre work out, my intra work out shake was comprised of a 50/50 malto/dextrose blend and I was using dymatize's iso-100 as my protein source.

Now that I've done some more reading I've realized that neither of those are the best options. Sure - they work, but they are not optimal. This time around I'll be using Glycofuse (HBCD) as my carb source. What I need help with is my protein source. What do you guys recommend? I am located in Canada, so something like Peptopro from TN is not feasible for me. The shipping rates are way too high for couple lbs of protein. Are recommendations would be appreciated..

Hi guys. I've been doing some reading on pre-work out slin use. I've used slin a couple of times both pre and post work out, so I am experienced when it comes to the compound. When I last used log pre work out, my intra work out shake was comprised of a 50/50 malto/dextrose blend and I was using dymatize's iso-100 as my protein source.

Now that I've done some more reading I've realized that neither of those are the best options. Sure - they work, but they are not optimal. This time around I'll be using Glycofuse (HBCD) as my carb source. What I need help with is my protein source. What do you guys recommend? I am located in Canada, so something like Peptopro from TN is not feasible for me. The shipping rates are way too high for couple lbs of protein. Are recommendations would be appreciated..

Go with EAA's for your intra shake. It would be good taking in some extra leucine pre workout too. You could use leucine powder or even a good standard whey isolate product (with high leucine content).

No, use EAA. When you run out of Glycofuse, look into Intra-MD by Prime Nutrition.

So are u basically saying I'm wasting my money by adding eaas to my hydro whey? I could just use eaas without it?

So are u basically saying I'm wasting my money by adding eaas to my hydro whey? I could just use eaas without it?
Approx 30g EAA intra workout would be optimal.

I would start with a few less IUs or more carbs than your used to....HCBD move through you a lot faster than what you were using.

I was using iso-100 from dymatize which is actually a hydrolyzed isolate whey. But I am aware that just because it says "hydrolyzed" it doesn't really mean anything unless they say to what percent.

Anyone have a solid EAA brand?

Get the Prime Nutrition EAA's. Not that many companies have an EAA product. Just buy it on their website and it will come in like 3 days.

Im in the same boat as you, i had a bunch of Glycofuse so i just bought Prime EAA's and am going to use that until the Prime Intra Mountain Dog is available.

In the past i never liked intra because it made me too full and bloated when i used HBCD and Iso-100. Even though the ISO 100 is hydrolyzed its tough to drink while you are training. I also wasnt diluting it enough, you are going to need to get a big shaker...

Approx 30g EAA intra workout would be optimal.

I would say it depends on how much volume and how many body parts you hit... Got a low volume HIT training session, I would say you really only need 20g EAAs, however for a session where you either hit many body parts or do a few bodypart a with a decent amount of volume, one would be better off with 30g-35g EAAs...

IMO, hydrolyzed protein is fine intra workout as I like to have a complete protein along with EAAs... Studies have been done with whey showing that it elevates protein synthesis for up to 3 hours after ingestion, so combining a hydrolyzed protein with EAAs allows for prolonged protein synthesis... This way I don't have to eat right when I get home...

I've also experimented with consuming additional protein right after training but don't find it makes much difference if I have adequate protein intra workout and just save about 1/3 of my drink for finishing the session

I use a combination of EAAs, debitterized hydro whey and pepto pro with HBCDS and a little dextrose for sweetness

I would say it depends on how much volume and how many body parts you hit... Got a low volume HIT training session, I would say you really only need 20g EAAs, however for a session where you either hit many body parts or do a few bodypart a with a decent amount of volume, one would be better off with 30g-35g EAAs...

IMO, hydrolyzed protein is fine intra workout as I like to have a complete protein along with EAAs... Studies have been done with whey showing that it elevates protein synthesis for up to 3 hours after ingestion, so combining a hydrolyzed protein with EAAs allows for prolonged protein synthesis... This way I don't have to eat right when I get home...

I've also experimented with consuming additional protein right after training but don't find it makes much difference if I have adequate protein intra workout and just save about 1/3 of my drink for finishing the session

I use a combination of EAAs, debitterized hydro whey and pepto pro with HBCDS and a little dextrose for sweetness

I think my main problem was that i did not dilute it enough. I have always been a hydro whey guy and have always had a post workout shake. With all this new information for Intra im going to try the EAA's and HBCD during. I bet i could throw in 1 scoop of ISO 100 or Zero Carb SRO and it would be fine, as long as i use enough water. The pre workout leucine is very important, then during Pepto Pro or EAA's, and in some cases Hydro whey. Then you shouldnt even need a post shake...

I bought the 2000ml shaker so im good to go. I will try it both ways, with EAA and with both EAA and Whey...

So I've decided that my intra shake will look like this:

75g HBCD
30g Hydrolyzed Whey
10g EAA
5g Creatine

Looks good?

75g HBCD
30g Hydrolyzed Whey
10g EAA
5g Creatine

Looks good?

I don't like the hydrolyzed whey...but yeah.

75g HBCD
30g Hydrolyzed Whey
10g EAA
5g Creatine

Looks good?

Looks got but I personally like the Peptopro but I'm sure you will be okay. I use 75gms of HBCD then on days where I feel a little depleted from carb cycling I do 100gms like I did this morning.

You could always switch it up and remove the whey and double or triple up on the EAA.

My intra also has between 6-9gms of instantized leucine and 6-9gms of citrulline. I sometimes squirt some pure glycerol in there too. At some point the cost to benefit ratio gets out of wack but my OCD is too strong so I like to add a lot of shit to my intra.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Oops forgot to add I don't do insulin but I would like to start again with pre intra. Been since the late 90s since I did Humalog.

Im going to do it exactly the way Knight said to do it with EAA's. I just have 3 tubs of Hydro whey lying around so im going to play with the mixture a little bit. First week i wont put any Whey, then the second week ill try it with a scoop of whey and the EAA's. If this works the way i think it will the only time i will be taking a whey shake is right when i wake up in my AM shake.

I bought enough Prime EAA's to help me get rid of all the Glycofuse i have, then im going to give the Prime Intra Mountain Dog a try.

What brand of Citruline Malate do you guys buy?

Im going to do it exactly the way Knight said to do it with EAA's. I just have 3 tubs of Hydro whey lying around so im going to play with the mixture a little bit. First week i wont put any Whey, then the second week ill try it with a scoop of whey and the EAA's. If this works the way i think it will the only time i will be taking a whey shake is right when i wake up in my AM shake.

I bought enough Prime EAA's to help me get rid of all the Glycofuse i have, then im going to give the Prime Intra Mountain Dog a try.

What brand of Citruline Malate do you guys buy?

I just buy bulk from True Nutrition.

I just buy bulk from True Nutrition.

I've always done the same in the past. Until they get TN East up and running...I always consider other options though - due to shipping cost and duration.

For example, next time I need agmatine.. I will get the Prime brand on their site or bb.com.

75g HBCD
30g Hydrolyzed Whey
10g EAA
5g Creatine

Looks good?

Id use 15hydro and 30g EAA and dont use more than 6iu if you've never used HBCD before....or have tabs or Gatorade around.

Id use 15hydro and 30g EAA and dont use more than 6iu if you've never used HBCD before....or have tabs or Gatorade around.

Thanks for letting me know. Are HBCDs not as effective as other carb sources for keeping blood sugar up? I used Karbolyn, Dextrose, And malt in the past. Did not have any issues with any of them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131