over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with my cramping calves

eyesin

Banned
Im pretty freaking tired of my calves cramping up every single time i do anything with them, even just my body weight, one rep i cramp. the only time i can do anything with my calves is when ive done NOTHING else and i can do some single leg calf raises with no weight for a couple sets.

Nothing else in my body cramps, just my god damn calves. if anyone can help, i am starting to get really fucking annoyed.

Thanks

Increase your potassium intake. This should very noticeably improve your situation. Sounds like you are deficient. A good fish oil supp too.

Increase your potassium intake. This should very noticeably improve your situation. Sounds like you are deficient. A good fish oil supp too.

i eat a banana every morning in my shake, take multi vits, and take fish / flax oil every day. ive done everything anyone has said, but nothing works. if i was potassium deficient more than just my calves would cramp...

have you tried cytomax? u drink that, all your cramping problem solved. i used get crazyasscramps that last 15-30mins on both calves, from walking, middle of the night especially if i trained. i hate eating banana's and taking any horse pills so, i tried this cytomax stuff and problem solved.

i eat a banana every morning in my shake, take multi vits, and take fish / flax oil every day. ive done everything anyone has said, but nothing works. if i was potassium deficient more than just my calves would cramp...

or maybe your just dehydrated? how much water do you drink at the gym and during the day?

Very odd that its just your calves. If I ever had troubles it was usually my lower back and then my abdominals. Id get so that I couldnt do a single rep of crunches without getting crippling cramps.

In my case it was because of the hormones I was taking. Sometimes it was dbol, other times who know exactly what because I was on several things at once. All I know is that once I got off all the crap the cramps went away.

have you tried cytomax? u drink that, all your cramping problem solved. i used get crazyasscramps that last 15-30mins on both calves, from walking, middle of the night especially if i trained. i hate eating banana's and taking any horse pills so, i tried this cytomax stuff and problem solved.

I will check it out too, i hate eating bananas too because im allergic and they make my throat itch like crazy. thanks

or maybe your just dehydrated? how much water do you drink at the gym and during the day?

I usually get 6-8 glasses of water every day or more. When i workout i got a big Liter bottle i drink while i workout.

and of course water in my protein shakes all day.

Very odd that its just your calves. If I ever had troubles it was usually my lower back and then my abdominals. Id get so that I couldnt do a single rep of crunches without getting crippling cramps.

In my case it was because of the hormones I was taking. Sometimes it was dbol, other times who know exactly what because I was on several things at once. All I know is that once I got off all the crap the cramps went away.

unfortunately ive had this problem for about 4-5 years.

It gets to where i cant even get on the bike for more than 30 minutes cause my calves cramp.

its probably the most annoying bullshit ive ever had to deal with and it wont go away and my calves look like a little bitches compared to the rest of me.

unfortunately ive had this problem for about 4-5 years.

It gets to where i cant even get on the bike for more than 30 minutes cause my calves cramp.

its probably the most annoying bullshit ive ever had to deal with and it wont go away and my calves look like a little bitches compared to the rest of me.

If its not gear related, then my only other guess would be that you are overtraining your calves. What is your training regime for them? Ive never had it happen to me, but I suppose anything is possible.

Did a research paper on this in college increase your Taurine and magnesium Taurine is a amino acid that you don't consume too much from food your body usually produces it in the liver to get what it needs. When I did my research paper cyclists will load up on the stuff to prevent from leg cramping. If you also notice certain energy drinks will put it into their drinks.

Did a research paper on this in college increase your Taurine and magnesium Taurine is a amino acid that you don't consume too much from food your body usually produces it in the liver to get what it needs. When I did my research paper cyclists will load up on the stuff to prevent from leg cramping. If you also notice certain energy drinks will put it into their drinks.

This is good advice. Taurine will help stop cramping very fast. However, I don't think that is going to solve your problem but merely stop it for a while.

Two things I noticed is, depending on how much you're training, you are not drinking nearly enough water daily. I'm not sure if you mentioned how big you were but you may be dehydrated. With that comes a possible mineral deficiency. Taking extra multi minerals and particularly calcium can help. Typically if you are low in calcium you are low in magnesium and these minerals are crucial for an optimal muscle contraction.

When to take taurine?

I have some issues like this. Mine feels like needles in my muscles when I go to move them. Typically it happens in my legs after riding the bike then go to sit down to fast or forearms. Yes it seems to be dbol related.

Lots of water. Take taurine and magnesium and have 2 bananas per day (am and pm). There you go. If thats doesn't help go and see a doctor :)

Try 'Dry Needling' From A Physio

I suffer from severe calf cramps regularly....i'm not sure how much cardio you do, but something that mainly involves running on a regular basis for a prolonged period of time will bring on the cramps and a general tightening of the calfs that you will feel 24/7.
I tried everything, but was eventually referred to a physio by my doctor....a couple of sessions of deep muscle massage definately helped but the pain during the massage was difficult to stomach. She then performed 'dry needling', similar to acupunture (but more painful), the effect was immediate and my calfs have been great after only two sessions.
It might be worth a go.

I hear you're frustration; I've had severe cramping issues with my legs (calves, quads, and hamstrings… hamstrings are the freakin WORST). Believe me when I say, I've tried everything that everyone has suggested here and them some; to name just a few:

-calcium
-magnesium
-mineral complexes
-bcaa's
-taurine
-3 large bananas/day
-THREE+ gallons of water/day
-prescription potassium pills

NOTHING worked. The cramping gradually subsided a few years after the initial "episode", but never went away completely…

…until I started the hCG diet/therapy. Not only did the cramps go away completely, I didn't even feel on the verge of cramping up! Only other thing besides hCG that helps is GHRP-2 + CJC-1295.

Lots of water. Take taurine and magnesium and have 2 bananas per day (am and pm). There you go. If thats doesn't help go and see a doctor :)

These posts are all correct. Though a few other guys have stated that such protocols didn't work for them, you really should at least give the simple route a try first. Oh, and eating a banana a day doesn't cut it as "supplementing with potassium".

I had TERRIBLE calf cramps as a teenager. I've always had big, developed calves without ever doing a damn thing to them. The size and strength of my calves likely contributed to the extreme pain. It got so fucking bad that it would occur every goddamned night. I would wake up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain as my calves were cramping up. After starting to take potassium and magnesium, the cramps literally disappeared. It was a HUGE problem that went away like fucking magic once I started using K and Mg.

Lightofmyboner, I had the same problems with waking up in the middle of the night with calf cramps. Also have big natural calves.

Those were the only times in my life where I was literally yelling uncontrollably in pain. I suspect that if I was more awake I'd be able to control the yelling, but since I was kind of still in a dream-state I just wasn't like...able to get it together, haha. I dunno.

But I'd wake up like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it'd go away and I'd be so exhausted from the pain I'd instantly fall back asleep.

There is a point to this story: increasing potassium helped a lot. I never get those anymore. :D

If you are having problems with bananas and looking for potassium don't forget you can get tons of potassium from potatoes too a lot of people don't know about potatoes having potassium. If this is an on going problem have you gone to your doctor? You very well could have a blood supply problem going to your lower legs you are unaware of

Lightofmyboner, I had the same problems with waking up in the middle of the night with calf cramps. Also have big natural calves.

Those were the only times in my life where I was literally yelling uncontrollably in pain. I suspect that if I was more awake I'd be able to control the yelling, but since I was kind of still in a dream-state I just wasn't like...able to get it together, haha. I dunno.

But I'd wake up like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it'd go away and I'd be so exhausted from the pain I'd instantly fall back asleep.

There is a point to this story: increasing potassium helped a lot. I never get those anymore. :D

Exactly, bro. You obviously know what I'm talking about. While it's easy to deal with the sort of cramps that result from a muscle being strenuously worked (e.g. cramps in your lat that can occur if you stretch in a particular fashion while they're tight as hell due to having destroyed them earlier in the gym, same thing with triceps, etc.), the ones that I got in my calves spontaneously were just INSANE. Rather than just feeling like the muscle is going spastic and painfully tightening up, the calf cramps literally felt like my muscles were trying to rip themselves straight off the fucking bone.

Potassium was miraculous stuff for me.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner