over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with my new split

Nate.184

Registered
So im switching up my split.
The goal is to train everything 2x a week (except back and shoulders only 1x a week). one day is 5x5 with heavy compound movements. the other will be 6 sets of 15-20 with more isolation type exercises.
Also, I need to train chest, tris, and shoulders in a why that they dont interfere with each other (due to nerve damage in right pec and tricep)

So far this is what i have
mon - chest (5x5) and biceps (5x6-10)
tues - legs (5x5) and triceps (6x20)
wed - shoulders (5x5) and back(5x5)
thurs - chest (6x15-20) and biceps (6x20)
fri - legs (6x20) and triceps (5x6-10)
sat - rest
sun - rest

Any input is appreciated! thanks guys

The actually split itself one of the least important things of a 'workout routine.'

We see your rep/set scheme but how many exercises per muscle group you plan to do.

i like doing 2 on 1 off... 2 on 1 off... i do chest and bis... then legs... then off day then shoulders... then back and tris.... then off again...

on the heavy day its 5 sets of one exercise. on the isolation day its 3 sets of two exercises.

Well, that split would be a disaster for me.

You are doing heavy chest...and the next day you are doing triceps. Basically working triceps two days in a row due to the fact that you are going to get triceps some when you do chest.

Then on the third day you are doing shoulders...and I am assuming you will be doing military presses since I don't see the point in doing heavy 5x5 with lateral raises or some other isolation movement.

So, you push on chest day...you push on tricep day...and you push on shoulder day. When do you expect them to grow or recover? Never?

No wonder you have problems. At least I would. In a week I'd be trashed and unable to workout. Joints would be screwed and I'd be constantly sore and get weaker.

I am not trying to be a dick or anything. I just couldn't recover from the routine you posted.

You are doing heavy chest...and the next day you are doing triceps. Basically working triceps two days in a row due to the fact that you are going to get triceps some when you do chest.

Then on the third day you are doing shoulders...and I am assuming you will be doing military presses since I don't see the point in doing heavy 5x5 with lateral raises or some other isolation movement.

So, you push on chest day...you push on tricep day...and you push on shoulder day. When do you expect them to grow or recover? Never?

No wonder you have problems. At least I would. In a week I'd be trashed and unable to workout. Joints would be screwed and I'd be constantly sore and get weaker.

I am not trying to be a dick or anything. I just couldn't recover from the routine you posted.

This is pretty much what was going through my head. i dont see any way to train each on their own day without doing them back to back. i guess i will have to throw in tri's on my chest day.

more to it than your "split"

I agree with JETHRO (as usual) and what HALFLIFE said, that reps and sets are vital information and really the core concern of any split IMO.

i will also add that the routine itself is not that important. it should make sense, of course, but its not the cornerstone of what makes a physique. it is food and supplements that make the physique. workouts are just a catalyst. sometimes i think any monkey could go into the gym and throw around a bunch of wieghts, as long as they eat right and supplement right they will GROW.

i like 3 day split. like:
day 1 chest, delt, tri, calf
day 2 back, bi, abs
day 3 quad, ham, calf
off
REPEAT
that will work out each muslce 2 times in 5 days. its a good split. -JS

Do an upper/lower split. Cut down on the sets. M-T-T-F. Hit each body part 2x a week and grow like a mofo.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131