over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with my wife's busted knee!!

GettinBigR

Newbies
About 6 months ago we were at a party, a little drinking was involed, and my girl was dancing and twisted wrong I guess and heard her knee pop. Her knee swoled up some and it was hard to walk on for a week or so, and after about 2 maybe 3 weeks she was at 100%. Well, last night same thing, she was dancing heard it pop, then started walking off the dance floor and it popped again, "back in place", she says. She said after the second pop it felt better but a few minutes later the pain came. I am no doctor by any means but a couple things have crossed my mind. I know she should pry get checked out by a doc, but could it be a strenght issue in her legs? She dosent get into the gym much but she is on her feet all day long. Also she is around 5'5" and around 180~200lbs, she isnt exactly super physically fit. Does maybe being unfit have a connection with this? I know it sounds bad to say that but I wanted to give everyone the facts so this problem can be fixed. Thanks in advanced for any advice!!!

Last edited:
Time to visit an Orthopedist.

You really need to go to a doc, no one here will be able to help you online.

I believe I've read some where that extra weight is the leading cause of knee pain. I can't elaborate on injuries such as what happened to your wife but if I had to guess it would be a combination of weight and a mis placed footing. You can ice and heat the pain but only a doctor can attest to the degree of the injury. Not that I think it's a serious one.

It could be something as simple as her patella dislocating partially due to improper tracking to something much more severe or complex. I would find a good orthopedic doc and get it looked at.

My guess would be that the strength of the the connective tissues is diminished due to lack of activity, which is causing instability in the joint. And yes, the lack of muscular strength, which would normally be activated by involuntary response to maintain articular alignment is giving way to excess weight. So, she needs to be doing things to strengthen the connective tissues and muscles around the knee joints, or this will keep happening more and more frequently. And honestly, no doctor is gonna help the situation. If anything, they'll make it worse by suggesting she wear a knee brace which will worsen the condition.

I understand what your saying about the doc, but wouldnt it be a good idea to go see one just the make sure it is nothing serious?

My guess would be that the strength of the the connective tissues is diminished due to lack of activity, which is causing instability in the joint. And yes, the lack of muscular strength, which would normally be activated by involuntary response to maintain articular alignment is giving way to excess weight. So, she needs to be doing things to strengthen the connective tissues and muscles around the knee joints, or this will keep happening more and more frequently. And honestly, no doctor is gonna help the situation. If anything, they'll make it worse by suggesting she wear a knee brace which will worsen the condition.

well she needs to get it checked first and foremost and then we can see what is next on the to do list...anyway at 5'5 she would probably have to do some exercising to drop a bit of weight bro to be honest...if she get anything with patella or patella tendon i can help with some advices and what to do because i have the same injury...good luck

I understand what your saying about the doc, but wouldnt it be a good idea to go see one just the make sure it is nothing serious?

BigboyJ is just being realistic about how bad the quality of care is in our medical system. The key is to find a "good" doctor and you will get treated well. However, finding a "good" doctor can be quite difficult if you don't know someone in the field who is educated correctly enough to know who's who.

well thanks for the advice guys, were gonna search for a good doc the next couple days!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear