over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with nutrition.

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I follow a very low carb diet (<100g carbs/ day). I train "bodybuilding" style with low intensity cardio etc. etc. That is all I know.

A couple times a week however I have picked up more "athletic" training at a sports facility. As I get older, I also want to be functional. However this training is very difficult on a low carb diet. Do you think if I take a couple scoops of Vitargo before I go in, I would be able to sustain training on these days?

I am considering consulting with a sports nutritionist (NOT a bodybuilding coach). If anyone knows a good one please recommend.

You could simply add in 50g carbs in the meal before training and carb in and into workout shake during training and see how that work on this days that you need more calories for “athletic training” and increase as needed. I personally be that a high carb intra workout drink with carbs should be used regardless of training style
BUT
if you are thinking you need more carbs for this function training , then that has me questioning your “bodybuilding” style training as it should be just as demanding at least

You could simply add in 50g carbs in the meal before training and carb in and into workout shake during training and see how that work on this days that you need more calories for “athletic training” and increase as needed. I personally be that a high carb intra workout drink with carbs should be used regardless of training style
BUT
if you are thinking you need more carbs for this function training , then that has me questioning your “bodybuilding” style training as it should be just as demanding at least

I have slow metabolism. I am not on AAS. I dont know if those factor into why I need to cut my carbs/ calories.

When I train on my own "bodybuilding" style I can take more time in between sets to help with recovery. I suppose I can do that during athletic training to but I felt "weak" asking for rest and I was also on paid time. Also some of the exercises are very new to me, so the muscles are being used differently (e.g. static holds) and I was fatiguing faster. maybe i will get used to it with time. lets see.

What is your reasoning for such low carbs? Is this year round

No I have not been able to mantain it year around but I am trying to lose some body fat.

No I have not been able to mantain it year around but I am trying to lose some body fat.
I’m personally not a fan of this. I would rather eat more carbs and just do more cardio. You’ll feel so much better throughout the day and can still burn BF.

I have slow metabolism. I am not on AAS. I dont know if those factor into why I need to cut my carbs/ calories.

When I train on my own "bodybuilding" style I can take more time in between sets to help with recovery. I suppose I can do that during athletic training to but I felt "weak" asking for rest and I was also on paid time. Also some of the exercises are very new to me, so the muscles are being used differently (e.g. static holds) and I was fatiguing faster. maybe i will get used to it with time. lets see.
First thing I would do is post your complete diet , macros for each meal and when your training fits in there.

if your not use to the faster pace higher intensity then it could just be that your cardio it not on par with the training style and could need to adjust the training more than the diet

natural or not you would probably benefit greatly from taking some cardarine

It's kind of strange that you specifically don't want to consult with a "bodybuilding coach", yet you're literally creating a thread asking for help on this forum.

Anyway, the simple answer is sure, add carbs around that workout until you're good to go. Really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

I’m personally not a fan of this. I would rather eat more carbs and just do more cardio. You’ll feel so much better throughout the day and can still burn BF.
First thing I would do is post your complete diet , macros for each meal and when your training fits in there.

if your not use to the faster pace higher intensity then it could just be that your cardio it not on par with the training style and could need to adjust the training more than the diet

natural or not you would probably benefit greatly from taking some cardarine

slesh -

35g p,10g f x 6 meals

Alternate that with

35g p,10g f, 25g c x 5 meals, and last meal 35g p, 10gf.

BUT

I don’t want to use cardinine. Don’t want to use anything besides creatinine. Whatever I can acheive within my limitations I am ok with.

What is a sports nurtrionist what are their qualifications and what can they provide that common sense doesn't? IMO your throwing away money. It would make sense to add some carbs from real food IMO.

Sports nutritionists though you may find good ones, generally aren't anything great. About 6-7 years ago I enrolled in an online course and became certified as a sport nutritionist. I knew jack shit compared to what I know now about nutrition.

you needed to LEAD with, "i'm dieting..."
Because just saying "im on low cals/carbs and tired" mean nothing without knowing what the goal is and where you're going.

Second, there are multiple ways to diet. Low carb is one of them. Not the only one.

Third, I would highly suggest a BBing coach compared to a nutritionist. Especially since...you're training.
I feel like you need to do a lot more reading on here. About diet, training, just sports nutrition overall

slesh -

35g p,10g f x 6 meals

Alternate that with

How big are you.???T
hat is not much food at all.!!
I legit have female figure and bikini competitors eating that amount goin in to contest prep.
I would definitely add in a couple hundred grams carbs on the days you are training for function. Add in 50g in two meals before , 75g during from powdered Gatorade and 25g in the meal after.
Unless you are 90 pounds or do nothing but sleep all day you still should be in a calorie deficit providing you have not seriously slowed your metabolism.

I would revamp your diet.
Start with 1.5g protein per pound body weight (if you are not very over weight)
.3g fat per pound and then add in 200g carbs around training.

That's just a starting point which is only about 2200 calories
The average 25year old male , 5'10" , 160lb call for more calories that that just training 1-3x a week.!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-133148~2.png
    Screenshot_20220809-133148~2.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 11
slesh -

35g p,10g f x 6 meals

Alternate that with

Not sure I understand. You’re saying the second diet is what you’re doing now or are about to do?

Did I miss you saying how old you are? Why are you eating 1,400 cals/day? Is that very short term?

Son, there are about a dozen things we need to fix here. How did you arrive at this place?

Did I miss you saying how old you are? Why are you eating 1,400 cals/day? Is that very short term?

Son, there are about a dozen things we need to fix here. How did you arrive at this place?
Hopefully he sticks around and we can help him out

There are so many things you need to change because your plan is terrible. You need to go over everything with someone so they can tailor a plan that suits your exact needs. However, a simple start would be to add carbs around training or at the very least pre workout. Whatever foods suit you best but a mix of complex carbs, fruit, protein and some fat. Beef, rice and pineapple is a fav of mine. Or oats, whey isolate, almond milk, banana and chia seeds. Basically a nutrient dense carb rich meal that will set you up for a perfect training session. You need to allow plenty of time for your body to start digesting that meal before you train though. It should also be noted you need to be consuming plenty of water and electrolytes around training as well as they will make a massive difference in performance. I would also recommend a small dose of caffeine to assist things as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws