over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Protein

Andro308

Registered
So I have tried every type of protein you can imagine and they all upset my stomach and give me a killer headache. I just tried a lactose free whey protein isolate and it has completely killed my appetite.

The only protein I can use is egg whites but here is the problem there is a shit tone of sodium. I have been trying really hard to get 2g/lb of protein a day from food and protein powders. The egg whites cause my sodium levels to get so high that I am constantly bloated!

I have tried veggie proteins and they are awful!

What suggestions would you have? Do them make a low sodium egg whit protein?

The reason I eat so much protein is the results are pretty good for me so far

Thanks

You may look better due to the increased calories from the high protein and not the protein itself. I have been more an advocate of increasing healthy fats over high protein. I use moderate protein from whole food sources only ! Moderate to low carbs and high fat. I found I feel much better and my physique looks fuller since I switched over to this diet. I had the same digestion issues as you are experiencing with protein powders. About 10 years ago I ditched the high protein and have no regrets or digestive issues. Maybe you will find this helpful.

You may look better due to the increased calories from the high protein and not the protein itself. I have been more an advocate of increasing healthy fats over high protein. I use moderate protein from whole food sources only ! Moderate to low carbs and high fat. I found I feel much better and my physique looks fuller since I switched over to this diet. I had the same digestion issues as you are experiencing with protein powders. About 10 years ago I ditched the high protein and have no regrets or digestive issues. Maybe you will find this helpful.

Hey Tom can you expand on this and what a few meals might look like. Thanks

I may have to. As you know it literally makes you feel like complete shit for the rest of the day! The mild headache all day really blows as well.

So I have tried every type of protein you can imagine and they all upset my stomach and give me a killer headache. I just tried a lactose free whey protein isolate and it has completely killed my appetite.

The only protein I can use is egg whites but here is the problem there is a shit tone of sodium. I have been trying really hard to get 2g/lb of protein a day from food and protein powders. The egg whites cause my sodium levels to get so high that I am constantly bloated!

I have tried veggie proteins and they are awful!

What suggestions would you have? Do them make a low sodium egg whit protein?

The reason I eat so much protein is the results are pretty good for me so far

Thanks

Try our Synthepure. It won't give you the bloatedness or the upset stomach. Those are generally signs of all the additives that are added to most proteins or most commonly an actual lack of protein within the powder where the rest of the powder content is fillers.

https://www.synthetek.com/products/synthepure-whey-protein-isolate/

There is no way that unflavored 100% whey isolate will give you any problems.

If you are trying to put on weight mix it with some nesquick or a bit of Hersheys syrup if you don't like the plain taste.

Start with just 1 scoop per serving

There is no way that unflavored 100% whey isolate will give you any problems.

If you are trying to put on weight mix it with some nesquick or a bit of Hersheys syrup if you don't like the plain taste.

Start with just 1 scoop per serving

im gonna whole heartedly disagree with this. Plenty of people still get stomach upset with whey iso. Its not just the lactose that bother people

Why not just stick to whole foods then? Curious what your carb and fat intake is, since you're trying to get 2 grams per pound? What do you weight?

Try and use egg whites from whole eggs to make your shakes or pasteurized egg whites that comes in the carton

wait are you a vegetarian? totally cool if so but just confused why you're only eating egg whites and powders for protein?

I get in around 275 grams all from whole food sources. I find that eating ground up meats (use a grinder to grind my own chicken breast, top round steak, etc) helps a ton. Also a little roughage and fats (usually some green veggie and a small amount of coconut or mac nut oil - only has to be like 5-10 grams) added will assist with digestion too.

Then things like Betaine HCL, and digestive enzymes with ox bile and ACV and lemon juice have made digestion so much better.

So I eat about 150g carbs and about 80g fat and was trying to hit the 2g mark of protein since I see good results off high protein

Egg whites don't upset my stomach but the high sodium causes a lot of bloat

I eat lots of chicken. Lots

Synthetek's Synthepure or Musclemed's Carnivor Beef Protein. If you get the later go with chocolate. Beef tastes bad with things fruity like blue raspberry. Chocolate is the best one. I have chocolate fudge Carnivor Mass and it's a bit sickening but drinkable. The chocolate carnivor tastes good to me.

Synthepure is the best protein on the market and ultra pure. It is also unflavoured so in regards to whey isolate that is your best bet. They have US domestic shipping too. Elvia1023 will get you 5% off too.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws