over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with upper back development

Trevnasty

Newbies
I seem to have a problem building muscle in the middle of my upper back below my traps. That area is pretty much not developed at all. I was doing most of my rows with v-bar and going more close grip. From the 2nd pic to the 3nd pic i changed to a more shoulder width grip and not bent over so much to try to target that area, but all it seem to do was built my traps more. Any advice is welcome and is deeply appreciated. Btw first pic is Aug, 2nd pic is Nov and 3rd pic is Feb.

Attachments

• Back 1.jpg
    Back 1.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 850
  • bacck 2.jpg
    bacck 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 720
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 758
You look good

Maybe your shoulders are more developed than proportional? Maybe you carry some extra fat in your upper back. But it looks good from my point of view.

Do some heavy partial dead lifts in a power rack. Make sure you pull your shoulder blades all the way back. If you start them about knee level you can use very heavy weight, and those really cook the upper back.

yes indeed......partial deadlifts are fantastic!

I have been using them in my back routine for the last 5 weeks......really can tell a difference.

I feel them in the entire back region.....not to mention in the traps as well.

Rack deads will do the trick. Make sure you use a double over hand for even development.

Ok ill try those deadlifts should i start the bar at knee lvl or slightly below like beg of my shin?

I seem to have a problem building muscle in the middle of my upper back below my traps. That area is pretty much not developed at all. I was doing most of my rows with v-bar and going more close grip. From the 2nd pic to the 3nd pic i changed to a more shoulder width grip and not bent over so much to try to target that area, but all it seem to do was built my traps more. Any advice is welcome and is deeply appreciated. Btw first pic is Aug, 2nd pic is Nov and 3rd pic is Feb.

i dont see the problem............?????

it looks to be on par with everything else there

is there a REASON WHY.....you think you have a problem????

:cool:

i dont see the problem............?????

it looks to be on par with everything else there

is there a REASON WHY.....you think you have a problem????

:cool:

Agreed. You look good. Your proportional. Like others have said rack deadlifts from just below the knee.

So, i tryed those deadlifts. Pinched my back at the top and i felt an intense burn. I was able to get 495 for 3. Which is way more than i could normally do from the floor. I think im falling in love lol. Thanks for the advice guys !

Not to be a ass but if you were to drop your bf you would notice that it is quite on par with the rest.

So this is about 3 months after I took that last pic and listened to your guys advice, 5 pounds heavier and def a tad leaner, let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 792
Good work! You do look both thicker and leaner. Mid back shows good improvement. Rack Pulls is good stuff. You mentioned 3 reps. Myself, I'd go for a little higher rep range like 4 to 6 rep sets.

So this is about 3 months after I took that last pic and listened to your guys advice, 5 pounds heavier and def a tad leaner, let me know what you guys think

Nice progress!!!! Check my folli thread i posted up pics of my friends back. I can give u his workout if you like it:)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Nice progress!!!! Check my folli thread i posted up pics of my friends back. I can give u his workout if you like it:)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Shoot me a PM when you can later. My partner and I are looking for some new ideas for our back workout.

do you have access to a safety squat bar? doing seated good mornings with it would be great to target this area without the low back and hip stress connected with rack deads. Rack deads are GREAT but sometimes you just get too beat up from them...

Yesterday was back day and after reading this thread, I threw in five sets of rack deads with with the bar just below the knee and a double overhand grip and I am hooked! I'm also sore as hell! Its exciting to find a new tool to ad to the arsenal.

ready

just saw this thread,gonna try the rack deads tomorrow

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear