over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Helping others during the Holidays....

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
I got to thinking about the holidays, and the many traditions we all have. It always makes me so thankful for the family and friends I have when the holidays come around. It also makes me feel bad for the many people who are less fortunate. For some of these kids in low income family's its a blessing just to get a winter coat for xmas, let alone any toys. I think we tend to forget about the less fortunate people around us who's lives we can easily change. As you guys are buying christmas for your families and children take a min to look around you and see the others you work with, live by, associate with, or just someone who looks like they may need some help and try to see if you can do something for them to make their holiday a little brighter. I know this post is a little cheesy, but I am being serious... There are so many programs now like sub for santa, and other non profit organizations that aim to give christmas to families who otherwise would not have it.

I had a close friend I knew when I was very young, who's family was poor. Every year someone would stop by and slip an envelope under their door mat with $100 in it about 3 weeks before xmas.. It does not sound like much but it was the difference between their family having presents under the tree, or having nothing.

Take some time and look one up in your area and see if you can't find a family to help. You'll be surprised how good you'll feel after you do it.

agreed, thanks to my churches outreach program I was able to meet some families that were struggling and though I dont work in that area of the church any longer a few of them I have been able to keep tabs with, one whose great grandmother goes to the church. Two kids are being raised by their grandparents (the lady I know is the great grandmother) who are both unemployed, the two boys have different fathers and the mom and both dads are in jail and hooked on drugs. It is a sad story, I have been blessed with a good job even in this bad economic times and was able to give a little to the great grandmother to help out with Christmas for the family. Best money I will spend this Christmas.

This is a good post and I know not everyone can help someone in these times but if you can give a little it can really make a difference.

I got to thinking about the holidays, and the many traditions we all have. It always makes me so thankful for the family and friends I have when the holidays come around. It also makes me feel bad for the many people who are less fortunate. For some of these kids in low income family's its a blessing just to get a winter coat for xmas, let alone any toys. I think we tend to forget about the less fortunate people around us who's lives we can easily change. As you guys are buying christmas for your families and children take a min to look around you and see the others you work with, live by, associate with, or just someone who looks like they may need some help and try to see if you can do something for them to make their holiday a little brighter. I know this post is a little cheesy, but I am being serious... There are so many programs now like sub for santa, and other non profit organizations that aim to give christmas to families who otherwise would not have it.

I had a close friend I knew when I was very young, who's family was poor. Every year someone would stop by and slip an envelope under their door mat with $100 in it about 3 weeks before xmas.. It does not sound like much but it was the difference between their family having presents under the tree, or having nothing.

Take some time and look one up in your area and see if you can't find a family to help. You'll be surprised how good you'll feel after you do it.

Great post !!

Great post GD, unfortunately, many of these "nonprofit" organizations give little of the donation to actually help the families. The majority of donations go to pay the salaries, what's left over gets handed out.

I still remember a Christmas from 20 yrs ago, my family had a very prosperous year. My parents told me that we were going to be helping a family out that was not going to have any presents that year, so my sister and I were tasked with picking out the presents! Well, We pulled up to the house with 2 huge sacks of toys, the kids stood there in awe. It was one of the best feeling you could ever have, and I was 7 yrs old.

If you want to help a family out, go to a church that takes place in community outreach and get a families name. Put aside some money and give to that family, they will never forget it. If you don't like churches for whatever reason, their are other organizations, Salvation Army and such, that will have "wishlists" for kids.

Amen! In my local grocery store they have boxes for donations to the local food shelter. I would walk by it every week and drop 15 or 20$ in grocerys in . How can I go and spend 120$ on myself and not put something in the box knowing there may be a young kid that could go to bed hungry. And mabey a small gesture might prevent that. God bless all and hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season. Great thread

Times are very difficult right now... I look forward to the day when I am able to help out the less fortunate. I lost my job a while back, moved in with some family to get my feet back under me. Thank God I start a new job next week.

The funny thing is, since I lost my job, I sold much of my stuff for extra cash... I am happier now than I have ever been.

When I was working, I belonged to a charitable organization... I participated in events such as giving books to children, rebuilding homes for battered women, giving bottled water to the homeless (in Phoenix during the summer)... They were all so appreciative.

During this time of difficulty, I have truly realized what is important in life... I will never forget it... I will never forget who was there to support me, and who wasnt. Adversity brings out the true person.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131