over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Helping women lose weight after pregnancy

n3mo0101

Registered
Any of you trainers or parents out there have advice on how a woman can lose weight after pregnancy?

I think the greatest concern should be the health of the child

as long as she stays healthy and doesn't inflate into a life raft, the weight loss can wait

that's just my .02

My wife is a figure competitor and is currently breast feeding.

My advice is to not worry too much about it right now. It’s a little different if a woman isn’t breastfeeding. Then, her body starts to adapt and cutting won’t make as much difference.

Women who are overweight naturally lose weight while breastfeeding because of how many calories it uses up. But, leaner women need to be more careful.

My wife stayed in great shape throughout pregnancy and thought she’d bounce back right away. She looks good, but she’s not as lean as she’d like. This is because every time she’s cut calories even a little bit, her milk has dried up.

Whoever you client is needs to focus on breastfeeding if that’s her choice, and diet later. As she recovers from labor, she’ll be able to resume a lot of exercise fairly soon.

Pregnancy has Nothing to do with it.

Calories in, calories burned,....

women should not use pregnancy as an excuse to eat large amounts of whatever they want, that whole eating for 2 is BS, probably only need to eat an additional 200-300 cals, my wife's daily diet did not change by much, and without doing anything special she was back to her pre preg weight in 3 1/2-4 months, if someone blows up while they are pregnant just use common sense and cut calories, not starve yourself.

My Mom gained 10Lbs when she had me. I weighed 7.5Lbs of that. Getting fat is bullshiz!

i know a gal who gained 60 pounds with her pregnancy.

she's gained another 30lbs since giving birth.

Breastfeeding burns calories. Other than that there's nothing different from the average person.

Just make sure the weight loss is her idea because if you say it or even give a little too much approval post-partum depression and psychosis are real.

Ive seen thousands of women that have put on a 100lbs after pregnacy. I just walk outside every day.

Same

But this is a gal I know personally... One of a few ladies actually who have turned into a Mack truck after getting married having a kid

They're fine with it tho.. So it's all good :eek:

Breastfeeding can equal burning up to 500 calories per day!! That is the best method right there. Put that milk in the fridge, let it settle and you`ll see its all water and the fat floats to top. Just healthy clean diet, exercise depends on if she had c-section or vag. Don`t be a knuckle dragger like some people and say "you need to lose weight" a few weeks after giving birth. Stress how she needs to "rehab" her abdominal muscles because they actually separate to accommodate expansion of the uterus. Even more important for c-section.

I'm no help, my wife was actually her lightest weight ever after being pregnant:eek:
-F2S

I'm no help, my wife was actually her lightest weight ever after being pregnant:eek:
-F2S

I saw that happen to a teacher I used to teach with. I think she lost nearly 40 lbs. She was overweight to begin with and I think the morning sickness and just overall sick feeling she had most of the time caused her to not eat as much as usual. That was crazy to see. She looked a lot better pregnant! Then she gained weight back after having the baby!

Same

But this is a gal I know personally... One of a few ladies actually who have turned into a Mack truck after getting married having a kid

They're fine with it tho.. So it's all good :eek:

Thats sad!! You know i actually agree with you on this subject. I dont think its right when men or women put on an enormous amount of weight after they get together. Its actually pretty selfish.

Makes sure is breast feeding. That alone will cause a huge calorie deficient to continue produce milk.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear